SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

Thank you Shubs

Not meaning to hijack the thread - She has a heart condition which barely controllable. Last night she passed out on the landing (sudden severe drop in blood pressure), and fell head first down the stairs. I managed to break her fall half way down, but she is pretty bashed up. She passed out again while the ambulance crew were here. We were at the hospital until 4AM today. She has rested all day, and is feeling a little better.
Three years ago she was told she would have a heart ablation operation, but Covid put the brakes on that. Ever since, they have done their level best to not go ahead with the surgery (which is absolutely needed)

Thanks again.
Hope they reschedule soonest

The Dart, I believe is schizophrenic, Tony.
One minute it behaves perfectly, the next - it slices you for fun!

I had issues with the Dart - emailed Shane at Blackland, who advised to use a steeper angle than normal - and ride the safety bar, not the cap, as the head bends the DE razor significantly. Followed his advice, with no more issues.

As ever, I appreciate YMMV - all the best - Chris.

I had issues with the Dart - emailed Shane at Blackland, who advised to use a steeper angle than normal - and ride the safety bar, not the cap, as the head bends the DE razor significantly. Followed his advice, with no more issues.

As ever, I appreciate YMMV - all the best - Chris.
I was pretty much the same Chris at first, and moved my first one on. After a year or so I bought another new one, I had been using straights, shavettes, GEM style, Vintage wedge SE's and all manner of auld shaving paraphernalia so thought "you know, it's just another blade holder" and also, for me, one of the most handsome out there.
After a bit trial and err blood letting my prefered technique was to start riding the cap and dropping into my cutting angle, 2 passes max with the second pass more of a pickup. When I followed Shane's advice of steep angle, I got a rough shave and normally a chunk out, especially on XTG over the chin cleft.
We really are all different, saying that, with practice anything is possible.
Apart if I try to use a Polsilver- bloody horrible for me, weirdly I love a wizamet?

E4BD9A75-CED0-4FC4-8020-9648C8F452E1.jpeg
SOTD: 21/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro Guard, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: House Of Mammoth HYGGE Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Armani Aqua Di Gio EdT

Plate no. 3 and a new blade and I’m in heaven. The new blade just glides over the skin with ease, it feels significantly more efficient and capable than the two dot plate. I genuinely can’t find a thing wrong to improve on, it’s such a shame they don’t make them anymore!

Tuesday 21st March

Cream • Body Shop Maca Root
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • '59 Gillette Flair Tip
Blade • Dorco Titan (2)
Post • Pre De Provence No63 Balm

Second shave with a Dorco Titan Blade. I like the smoothness and it's plenty sharp.
If only the Flair Tip handle was a little longer (big hands and small razors aren't ideal). Nonetheless, I like how it shaves.
I ought to make the effort to use Maca Root shave cream more often. For me, it's a dependable and budget friendly product that performs above it's price point.

No photo today as I've been busy looking after Mrs L who is poorly.
Wishing Mrs L a speedy recovery

SOTD: 23rd March 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (D2)
razor: Muhle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture. / Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

An invigorating early morning cold water shave to finishing my shaving week off superbly.

The Vie-Long Shave Stick provided a slick protective lather for the full shave without re-apply it to my face. The performance & post shave feel from this shave stick is absolutely superb.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

View attachment 102825
SOTD: 21/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro Guard, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: House Of Mammoth HYGGE Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Armani Aqua Di Gio EdT

Plate no. 3 and a new blade and I’m in heaven. The new blade just glides over the skin with ease, it feels significantly more efficient and capable than the two dot plate. I genuinely can’t find a thing wrong to improve on, it’s such a shame they don’t make them anymore!
Man that’s a pitty, the last time i looked they had plenty.
Hopefully your is En Route

SOTD 20230323.
0SOR99w.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream.
Semogue 1250.
Alexander Simpson "Bay Rum Ultra-Glide" shaving cream.
Karve Christopher Bradley OC-C / Stork "Consul" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (1).
Alexander Simpson "Bay Rum" ASB.

SOTD 23-Mar
20230322_131418.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: Old Spice
Razor: R41GS
Blade: Rubie (1)

That was an exciting shave, the R41GS new to the stable, initial go around and the weight seems to up the game from the zamak by quite a margin. There was certainly a lot of feel so at least I knew what was going on at all times. Will this be a daily, nah I don't think so, will it see some use, definitely.

But the real star of the show, the Shulton Old Spice AS, having never used the real original I only knew anecdotally what to expect. It's like the modern shares a good portion of DNA but has been cut off at the knees in modern times. I've only just used it but by now the modern would already be dissipating but this one is going strong!

Thank you at @Gairdner for moving the R41 on and for the very generous gift of the old spice AS, absolute top man!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Edit: I feel like I should have done this justice with an old, new or slim but I just couldn't wait to try the 41

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom