SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

22/03/23
Vintage Wednesday (ish)
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - Pure Bristle
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Ever-keen SE Injector
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
View attachment 102770
So up today was the Ever-keen stropper reworked to take an Injector blade.
See here - Ever-keen Rework
So, As usual a lovely slick cushioning lather from the vintage Cussons and Culmak Jnr. Plenty of it too.
This "razor" is quite small, however, i did managed to sit it comfortably in my gorilla mits, thumb and forefinger an the top of the knurling and the bottom of the handle sitting on my Pinky, the two remaining fingers resting on the barrel, it felt comfortable enough.
I lathered up and away i went, the angle was very easy to find, i was quite surprised how comfortable it felt, starting with a shallow angle opening up until i was happy with how it was cutting, and boy was it cutting. I completed a full WTG pass without issue and the rinse off felt really good, some roughness on the neck and throat and a bit on the cheeks which i would usually get on the second pass.
Now then, what to do?
I remember from yesterday that @OrangeSport had asked me if i had given the R41GS a run out, it was planned for Friday's shave so was in the bathroom and loaded with a Rapira Plat Lux. Why the hell not, what could possibly go wrong?
View attachment 102771
I loaded the face again with what was left of the lather, it was a really thick covering. The plan was to try to get a feel for this razor, i must admit one that i have avoided for a very long time due to its naughty reputation.
I decided on a light touch WTG pass, cheek to jawline then an ATG pass on the neck and throat.
Honestly, i don't know what all the fuss is about, to me this is nowhere near as naughty as the Dart - by a country mile. Yes, i was very careful, yes, i was mindful of angle - which was easy to fine and Yes, it was only a single pass. I found it quite comfortable.
So i am Clean and fresh with a DFS finish with no errors - Just watch i will probably lose a lip on Friday :p.
My tube of Floïd Balm is burping as it is at its end, i may mix up a matching balm using E45, some Argan oil and a good dash of the Mentolado Vigaroso.
I did enjoy that bit of sink time,
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Try that Everkeen handle on an OLD type. (y)

Wed 22nd March

Omega 11126 boar
Williams Mug soap
Schick Super 11- Twin Ultrex disposable ( 3 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Hard to believe this is a disposable Razor, as today had a back to back Shave which was not only smooth but had a super finish.
Actually clears the top lip and chin much easier and better than most of my Razors.

A39A0917-91A2-4098-87AA-3564AF40877E.jpeg

Last edited:
Wed 22
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Superb lather qualities from the soap! Top-drawer shave with this razor! Strop on the Kangaroo leather, the edge was sweet and soft. 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230322_221927.jpg

22/03/23
Vintage Wednesday (ish)
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - Pure Bristle
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Ever-keen SE Injector
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
View attachment 102770
So up today was the Ever-keen stropper reworked to take an Injector blade.
See here - Ever-keen Rework
So, As usual a lovely slick cushioning lather from the vintage Cussons and Culmak Jnr. Plenty of it too.
This "razor" is quite small, however, i did managed to sit it comfortably in my gorilla mits, thumb and forefinger an the top of the knurling and the bottom of the handle sitting on my Pinky, the two remaining fingers resting on the barrel, it felt comfortable enough.
I lathered up and away i went, the angle was very easy to find, i was quite surprised how comfortable it felt, starting with a shallow angle opening up until i was happy with how it was cutting, and boy was it cutting. I completed a full WTG pass without issue and the rinse off felt really good, some roughness on the neck and throat and a bit on the cheeks which i would usually get on the second pass.
Now then, what to do?
I remember from yesterday that @OrangeSport had asked me if i had given the R41GS a run out, it was planned for Friday's shave so was in the bathroom and loaded with a Rapira Plat Lux. Why the hell not, what could possibly go wrong?
View attachment 102771
I loaded the face again with what was left of the lather, it was a really thick covering. The plan was to try to get a feel for this razor, i must admit one that i have avoided for a very long time due to its naughty reputation.
I decided on a light touch WTG pass, cheek to jawline then an ATG pass on the neck and throat.
Honestly, i don't know what all the fuss is about, to me this is nowhere near as naughty as the Dart - by a country mile. Yes, i was very careful, yes, i was mindful of angle - which was easy to fine and Yes, it was only a single pass. I found it quite comfortable.
So i am Clean and fresh with a DFS finish with no errors - Just watch i will probably lose a lip on Friday :p.
My tube of Floïd Balm is burping as it is at its end, i may mix up a matching balm using E45, some Argan oil and a good dash of the Mentolado Vigaroso.
I did enjoy that bit of sink time,
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Get some Vitamin E in the home made balm.
Great for the skin

Razor = Tatara Nodachi
Blade = Gillette 7Oclock Super Stainless ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm 3 Band Shavemac Beehive
Soap = May Chang By Wickhams
And matching splash.
Balm = Barts Balm Be. Nevis
454855E1-F078-494E-9A1B-E258D8456BB1.pngWell first shave of the week for me but i guess that’s all down to when i start my week lol
and another cracker was had.
This is probably my last shave with the Tatara i think iv kept it well over what i should,
although i’m never to sure how long it keep a passaround.
It’s a wonderful razor and worth every penny although for me it’s just ever so slightly aggressive to use as an everyday shaver, Hence me using it every 2-3 days.
It’s hard to believe it’s metal considering the weight,
I like light razors, i have plenty Fasan’s & Bakelite and the likes & this razor is just fantastic.
The soap for me is another underrated soap,
The Scent of the May Chang is superb & the citrus comes through.
Love it love it love
Can’t wait until tomorrows shave,
sad i know
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

20230322_164947.jpg

Despite using my tried and tested routine, along with a selection of my usual products, tonight's shave wasn't as smooth as usual. Very close, but with a couple of spots of blood. The only thing different was the Muhle blade, now on its 3rd outing. Could it have reached its limit, or was it just one of those days? Guess I'll find out tomorrow when it goes for day 4...

20230322_165645.jpg

20230322_171649.jpg

Tuesday 21st March

Cream • Body Shop Maca Root
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • '59 Gillette Flair Tip
Blade • Dorco Titan (2)
Post • Pre De Provence No63 Balm

Second shave with a Dorco Titan Blade. I like the smoothness and it's plenty sharp.
If only the Flair Tip handle was a little longer (big hands and small razors aren't ideal). Nonetheless, I like how it shaves.
I ought to make the effort to use Maca Root shave cream more often. For me, it's a dependable and budget friendly product that performs above it's price point.

No photo today as I've been busy looking after Mrs L who is poorly.
Sorry to hear this P. Hopefully your good lady gets the op she needs soon.

Wednesday AM 2023-03-22
Birthdate in 1908 of Western novel author Louis l'Amour
x4LHFAE.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Tabac Shaving Soap (tallow)
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Personna 74 Tungsten (3)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave
JgmwZuo.jpg
PTzD2Bb.jpg

A6F5A11D-AC55-40F9-B61D-3AEF357FADED.jpeg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Semogue 26mm Excelsior Barbear Classico LE Badger/Boar
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Proraso Green (Refreshing)
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT

22/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Brazil Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post - Witch Hazel

IMG_20230322_180204~2.jpg

First time using the legendary Brazilian Wilkinson Sword. I can never judge a blade on it's first shave but it was remarkable in my Old Type, as smooth as anything but efficient.

My face feels great at the end of the shave.

Thanks @Mike Smart

Wednesday 22nd March

AMWts8AkCr4TB3_yT11lRUM95uKr5Fuiy9mzCGBSTNWgnS1KFwBUbazbah_xS57bOT0C9SzB6WqsqqQXuceJ16qtF7SMSzXXE1_I2z_EHihFg8e3wg3aOS6ANyTu68v-eWjeLH50i2oz5h1Gm633tVGDxtLPew=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
De Vergulde Hand Shaving Stick & Kent Infinity+ SilverTex Synthetic
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Rainbow Super Stainless
Hai Karate Aftershave

Revisiting the Rainbow for a second shave and it is indeed an absolute dead-ringer for the Shark Super Stainless. No need to go hunting this brand down, it's right there in the Shark brand if you wanted to try. More on that when I do my write-up ... it's coming, just sanity-checking some first experiences during this run-through.

Back
Top Bottom