SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

New day new setup.
Thursday.
1964 Gillette Slim (#5)
Treet Platinum (1)
Rubberset 400/Oumo
Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Bio oil finish and a dab of Bespoke Caramel Amber and Cashmere.
Tried and trusted except for the blade, which Gairdner kindly sent (amongst a bunch). I have been reading how good these are and was looking forward to trying one, today's the day and I am not disappointed. A lovely crisp close shave, plenty of feedback and no red. Super smooth now and ready for the day. Hope you have a good one.

20230322_202541.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday's shave and one with the theme 'Short and sweet (a short story of a short romance)

20230321_202747.jpg

Short and curly shifter - Stainless Mongoose
Short sharp - Feather Super Professional
Short arsed - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Short of it all - Signature Soaps Londinium
Short of words - ADP Colonia Club

'The evil Dr Methane cranks up the fartometer while Satan's secretary types his SOTD. No wonder drivel prevails'

Short and sweet? Yes, it was, and romanticism filled the air. I am in love with being shaved.

Thank you

Love is short. It is indeed as the Beaver well know......

Mar. 23, 2023
  • Prep: Proraso Green preshave cream
  • Brush: Zenith 31mm boar r/wetshaving 2022 sub exclusive
  • Razor: GEM Micromatic flying wing
  • Blade: GEM
  • Lather: Stirling Soap co. - Barbershop - soap
  • Post Shave: Brut - aftershave
  • Post Shave: Wickham soap - magnum aftershave balm
Soap is getting nearer and nearer the bottom. No clue what it's at now but probably 30g or so left in puck, if not less. Looking forward to the kill.

Still got plenty of barbershop aftershave but I enjoy the scent profile on it more than the soap so that will be staying - hence for past few days I've switched to brut aftershave (maybe will manage to kill it off too by end of the month) and wickham soap magnum post shave balm - since the pump failed on it so it has to get 'fingered' lol

23/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Blackland ERA L3
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 12 (6).JPG
The Kia blade really brings the ERA's L3 plate to life for me, it ups the efficiency while still being very comfortable.
The CH2 Synth whipped up copious amounts of the good stuff from the A&E soap.
I completed 3 very comfortable passes for a squeaky clean finish, very much a face feeler.
A nice post shave routine finishing with the 4711 Jasmine which i really like.

@Paul L I am so sorry to hear about your wife's issues and hope she gets sorted soon.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Thursday 23 March
Schick injector Type E and Supply blade
La Toja soap stick
Zenith synthetic badger

I think the Schick coupled with a Supply blade is a match made in shaving heaven. Super creamy lather soap but has a pretty weak scent for me. Super smooth application with the Zenith such that I could have easily got carried away and caressed my delicate fizog all day.
Two passes plus pick ups for a dfs. This razor is very light to handle and is easy to move around the contours of the face. It doesn’t need much pressure and the shave angle is intuitive. The blade still performs as good as the first time, so I’m interested as to how long it will last.
Bliss :) despite a few problems with Royal Mail today as @Paul L will attest, :mad:
Enjoy the day fellas!

B53C5EE3-0B83-42BD-A13C-74284FBFA4E2.jpeg

PXL_20230323_124630383~2.jpg
SOTD March 23. 2023.

This is my shave from last night, there was not enough light for a picture.

Razor - Gillette 7 O'Clock
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Soap - Rex Supply Co - 1955
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Baxter of California ASB
Frag - Old Spice AS

A lovely shave was had with this Gillette 7 O'Clock razor fitted with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge blade, a good pairing.
The 1955 soap is just great, it offers plenty of slip and slide and cushion, love it!
The razor is quite mild but the blade made up for this and super smooth skin was the outcome, just how I like it.

Big thanks going out to @Gairdner for giving me this lovely razor, thanks G. Top man. :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

S0QKxD1.jpg

YaQi Cashmere
B&M Plague
soap
Gillette 1932 Canada post-war Tech
Treet 7 days Platinum (#1)

Simple & sweet!! (y);)

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: Simpsons

Child's play this shave was. A refreshing return to basics. I started DE shaving on a EJ DE 89 which allegedly shares the same head with the Muhle R89. I confirm the shave was very much the same as I remember EJ produced, however slightly different. In a good way. Perhaps a smidgen milder? All I know I ended up with a great result and absolutely no weepers. Not something I can say about EJ shaves. No matter what blade, how careful, what technique etc it always gave me at least one.
I think I found another keeper.

SOTD.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: Simpsons

Child's play this shave was. A refreshing return to basics. I started DE shaving on a EJ DE 89 which allegedly shares the same head with the Muhle R89. I confirm the shave was very much the same as I remember EJ produced, however slightly different. In a good way. Perhaps a smidgen milder? All I know I ended up with a great result and absolutely no weepers. Not something I can say about EJ shaves. No matter what blade, how careful, what technique etc it always gave me at least one.
I think I found another keeper.

View attachment 102841

Wonderful photo.

I love the inventiveness behind some of the SOTD photos which make the mundane interesting

23/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Palmolive Green
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Brazil (2)
Post - Nivea Balm
AS - Denim Gold

IMG_20230323_122937~2.jpg

Second shave with the Brazil Wilkinson Sword, this is a very sharp blade! So much so, I only needed a pass (and a bit of clean up) to get a nice finish.

@Blademonkey what are the slots of your 7OC? Is it flat bottom?
IMO there is a night and day difference between the flat bottom and raised flat bottom New OC heads. Two superb razors though!

@ATG Great picture!

Razor = Vintage Japanese Hitachi
Blade = Brazilian Wilkie ( 1 )
Brush = Vintage 18mm Simpsons ( Grey Box )
Soap = DG Mayflower with
matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Daily Sensitive
B82681FD-9D06-415A-A05A-262F80B2C8B6.jpeg
Well a quality 3 pass shave from a product i’m not so keen on DG.
I say i’m not keen
i have 8 sets, well 7 sets one went to a good home last week.
I reckon i have around 3-4 i like and to me the others are a hit or miss.
I haven’t used this Razor in a long while, infact i haven’t used anything vintage for a while but that will change.
Some of these japanese razors are superb,
This one made by Hitachi is a dream although a tad more aggressive than i would like.
Certainly not as aggressive as a Dart & more aggressive than a R41, somewhere in between.
I also made a arse of myself by cutting my bottom lip, how it happened i don’t know,
well i do know i was bloody stupid & not paying attention,
i reckon if i was to make the same mistake with the Dart my head would probably fall off.
Never Mind it’s got 24 hours to heal lol
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Everyone
unlike me

Back
Top Bottom