SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

Right. You 'Mr Fancy pants wonderful photo takers of the Shaving world' really piss me off with your beautifully structured and composed photos. So in retaliation I present my shave themed 'Grated cheese, 3 pin multi-plug, crumpled napkin, Ginger, AA badge shave'

20230323_190712-01.jpeg

RAC - Tatara Nodachi
American two pin plugs? Bah! - Feather
French soft cheese - Highlander 26mm synthetic boar brush
Flat cardboard - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Red headed folk - Poraso balm

'The Emporium Automotive Company'

A great turn-out from the Portugese wonder which makes a lovely pairing with the Feather. My recently rekindled rave blade. A love which will probably last until tomorrow night. I am so bloody fickle and don't know my arse from my elbow.

The synthetic boar performed brilliantly and plastic pigs are definitely the future together with rubber beavers badgers.

'These synthetic human hair brushes are the dogs bollocks'

After omitting a shave last night because of work in the early hours this was a very welcome and refreshing bit of me time. All delivered in a comfortable smooth manner. What more could one want. A beard?

Hope everyone is well and have some of my love and some Plastic Nine at the same time

What with all the micro-plastics, even in high-mountain Manchuria, there's a chance that badger hair has some plastic in it ... it's just a matter of time. Still horrid clods of spiteful filth for which a synthetic brush is entirely superior! Badger? Bleurgh!

I'd rather grow a beard (again) then use a badger brush on my face.

They are angry creatures that make angry foul smelling shaving brushes.

Look at this friendly looking fellow. Clear to see he makes a superior shaving brush. Give him a stick of Arko and he's ready to go.

wild-boar.jpg

Simply majestic.

One day he can dream to become this noble creation.

9051463090226.jpg

27F32F3E-4552-4C70-85A1-0CACDC66E4A5.jpeg
SOTD: 24/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

It was a tough day today as I had to have my eldest dog put to rest after discovering a mass pressuring his heart. Thankfully I had one last good morning walk with him and the wife before we took him to the vets.
The shave helped keep things as normal as it could be on a day like today and thankfully the shaves seem to be getting better and better with the Oren.

Tuesday 21st March

Cream • Body Shop Maca Root
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • '59 Gillette Flair Tip
Blade • Dorco Titan (2)
Post • Pre De Provence No63 Balm

Second shave with a Dorco Titan Blade. I like the smoothness and it's plenty sharp.
If only the Flair Tip handle was a little longer (big hands and small razors aren't ideal). Nonetheless, I like how it shaves.
I ought to make the effort to use Maca Root shave cream more often. For me, it's a dependable and budget friendly product that performs above it's price point.

No photo today as I've been busy looking after Mrs L who is poorly.
Hope she feels better soon.

Razor = Vintage Japanese Hitachi
Blade = Brazilian Wilkie ( 1 )
Brush = Vintage 18mm Simpsons ( Grey Box )
Soap = DG Mayflower with
matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Daily Sensitive
View attachment 102843
Well a quality 3 pass shave from a product i’m not so keen on DG.
I say i’m not keen
i have 8 sets, well 7 sets one went to a good home last week.
I reckon i have around 3-4 i like and to me the others are a hit or miss.
I haven’t used this Razor in a long while, infact i haven’t used anything vintage for a while but that will change.
Some of these japanese razors are superb,
This one made by Hitachi is a dream although a tad more aggressive than i would like.
Certainly not as aggressive as a Dart & more aggressive than a R41, somewhere in between.
I also made a arse of myself by cutting my bottom lip, how it happened i don’t know,
well i do know i was bloody stupid & not paying attention,
i reckon if i was to make the same mistake with the Dart my head would probably fall off.
Never Mind it’s got 24 hours to heal lol
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Everyone
unlike me
Beautiful brush & razor Mike. Outstanding.

View attachment 102865

It was a tough day today as I had to have my eldest dog put to rest after discovering a mass pressuring his heart. Thankfully I had one last good morning walk with him and the wife before we took him to the vets.
The shave helped keep things as normal as it could be on a day like today and thankfully the shaves seem to be getting better and better with the Oren.
My condolences Lee. I've experienced the same pain recently - you have my full sympathy.

View attachment 102865

So sorry to hear this Lee, it is the hardest thing to do but also the kindest thing to do for your dog .

Paul.

Right. You 'Mr Fancy pants wonderful photo takers of the Shaving world' really piss me off with your beautifully structured and composed photos. So in retaliation I present my shave themed 'Grated cheese, 3 pin multi-plug, crumpled napkin, Ginger, AA badge shave'

View attachment 102864

RAC - Tatara Nodachi
American two pin plugs? Bah! - Feather
French soft cheese - Highlander 26mm synthetic boar brush
Flat cardboard - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Red headed folk - Poraso balm

'The Emporium Automotive Company'

A great turn-out from the Portugese wonder which makes a lovely pairing with the Feather. My recently rekindled rave blade. A love which will probably last until tomorrow night. I am so bloody fickle and don't know my arse from my elbow.

The synthetic boar performed brilliantly and plastic pigs are definitely the future together with rubber beavers badgers.

'These synthetic human hair brushes are the dogs bollocks'

After omitting a shave last night because of work in the early hours this was a very welcome and refreshing bit of me time. All delivered in a comfortable smooth manner. What more could one want. A beard?

Hope everyone is well and have some of my love and some Plastic Nine at the same time

Your shaving foto composition is very reminiscent of a Salvador Dali painting Chris, are you related in some way? :unsure:

View attachment 102865

So sorry to hear Lee

View attachment 102865

I'm sorry for your loss Lee.
Take comfort in your memories.

P

Back
Top Bottom