SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

SOTD 24-Mar
20230228_161843.jpg
Brush: Blackland Signature
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: R41
Blade: Rubie (2)

Excellent one this morning, switched up to the regular R41. This is more than likely familiarity but this one feels smoother, I say familiarity as the regular 41 was one of my first razors and I used it exclusively for a good period of time and there is a significant difference in weight which may take a little bedding in. Switch back tomorrow morning out of interest.

Hope everyone has a grand day, almost the weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Prep: shower.
Brush; Omega Boar
Pre shave: bar of Kiehls body soap applied to face.
Soap: Signature Capra Deva
Straight Razor: Osbourne and Garret
Razor; Rockwell 6S R4
AS; Speick
3 pass shave with straight razor to LHS of face and 1 pass to RHS . 2nd time in entire life that have used this type of kit; anxiety level a bit high as had got a slight cut on face when used the straight razor for first time yesterday.Followed advice; light touch, aim to remove shaving soap. Finished off with Rockwell 6S. Result was truly bbs, face as shiny as as a shiny thing ,dolphinesque..Impressed by straight razor. Stropped the razor afterwards,then hid it to prevent anyone being injured by it etc..

Last edited:
The badgerlon was demonic as well.

s-l500.jpg

The Horror!

I had one of those and did the only decent thing ...

AMWts8D05JmPNxjHSkbUTJuRlB4jfFthybD6e_7cJGNql915z_VJoUE5oFhx1jCmfRwtJW5IjfS0ooTHH3sMIA96pMCRq4y_A1jlHD3QxZTAQaZOGkoJT7lYhTyOZgkNyXllGaFYsVR440FE-zL8-R4eqRFH9A=w800

I chopped its head off!

I probably should have saved this for blue Monday in hindsight. Tell me now how do I feel? Smoother than a very smooth thing covered in Swarfega. Shame the LEA is nowt but a vestigial stub in a plastic handle now. It makes a great slick lather. I think they're different now so I'll make the most of it. Anyway I have a couple of old Speick sticks to take its place.

'64 "007" Slim on 5
Treet Platinum (2)
LEA Jabón de notmuchleft.
PAA Phantom Aerolite
Hollister Wave "eh-oh!"
This aftershave brought to you by Tellytubbies. I only like noo-noo but that's another story!
20230324_075406.jpg

View attachment 102865
SOTD: 24/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

It was a tough day today as I had to have my eldest dog put to rest after discovering a mass pressuring his heart. Thankfully I had one last good morning walk with him and the wife before we took him to the vets.
The shave helped keep things as normal as it could be on a day like today and thankfully the shaves seem to be getting better and better with the Oren.
So sorry to hear this. It’s always the worst day, but you always have your treasured memories. Take care, Brian

24/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor - Muhle R41GS
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk 12 (7).JPG
1st full shave with the R41GS, i have to say i was not as wary due to the single pass trial and sort of knew it was not really a "Mad Axeman". Loaded with what i think is a very smooth / safe blade the Platinum Lux i was set to go.
The Mühle Knot is a real lather monster and today it was no exception, thankfully i really get on with the A&E soaps i have which were Emporium Purchases, very glad to have them. The L'Orange Verte is very uplifting.
A wonderful face lather with the brush holding more than enough for the planned shave.
The R41 is a bit of a brute in size, thick handle and large head, i do like the look of the head though, the handle - Meh!
I had a thick covering and set about the WTG pass, You can definitely feel the blade, regardless of angle, as soon as i came off the top cap it was there, a bit of careful trial and error with the angle as i went i found a nice cutting angle, however, i was pretty sure if i went steeper it would bite, 1st pass went without issue and the rinse off indicated it had done a pretty thorough job, i lathered up again and completed an ATG pass, this time finding my "safe" angle from the safety bar, again i felt if i had gone more shallow it would bite. It may have a sweet spot for nipping you and this is probably easily found if not on your game. 2nd pass complete and skin still intact, the rinse off indicated i could have stopped there, although i did have some roughness XTG on the cheeks and the neck whirlpools, i had the lather so decided to go for an XTG pass.
Rinsed off and job done. After a cold water rinse I completed a very rare Alum block rub, very little indication on a couple of areas on the chin, very happy with that.
A nice post shave routine leaving me BBS, comfortable and smelling pretty darn good.
I am sure it will take a few shaves to be fully confident with this razor and i will push on with it, regardless, as i am just like that.
I do have to say though, there are much better razors out there than this thing, much more efficient, much more comfortable and much more handsome.

So sorry to here your awful news Lee @LeeMaz my condolences, we are going through it with our old girl Ruby at present She is in no pain but living with cancer, we have already had "the discussion" and between us and the Vet we will know when the time has come for her to pass over the rainbow bridge. Dreading it.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Screenshot_20230324-114422~2.png

SOTD March 24. 2023

Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - Personna Gem
Soap - Barrister & Mann - The Four Horsemen - War
Brush - Alpha Bulldog silvertip badger
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB - B+M War Aftershave

I really like this razor, or I should say I really like this blade, it gives me great shave's every time, don't get me wrong the razor is pretty cool too! :cool:
The B+M soap lathered up nicely, as I suspected it would, B+M soaps have never let me down before.
The scent of this soap is unusual, I can't quite put my finger on one particular scent but overall it's quite pleasing to my nose.
The Sabre and Gem left me smooth skinned and very happy with my shave! :)
Again, the Aftershaves scent was unusual but I do like it.

Until tomorrow, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

View attachment 102865
SOTD: 24/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

It was a tough day today as I had to have my eldest dog put to rest after discovering a mass pressuring his heart. Thankfully I had one last good morning walk with him and the wife before we took him to the vets.
The shave helped keep things as normal as it could be on a day like today and thankfully the shaves seem to be getting better and better with the Oren.
Sorry for your loss Lee.
My thoughts are with you & your family

Back
Top Bottom