SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

23/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Palmolive Green
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Brazil (2)
Post - Nivea Balm
AS - Denim Gold

View attachment 102842

Second shave with the Brazil Wilkinson Sword, this is a very sharp blade! So much so, I only needed a pass (and a bit of clean up) to get a nice finish.

@Blademonkey what are the slots of your 7OC? Is it flat bottom?
IMO there is a night and day difference between the flat bottom and raised flat bottom New OC heads. Two superb razors though!

@ATG Great picture!
I like a raised bottom

but only in Brazil ;)

Thursday AM 2023-03-23
World Bear Day
6v146yN.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (4)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
zBdoLm7.jpg
PsjDC8T.jpg

23/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Palmolive Green
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Brazil (2)
Post - Nivea Balm
AS - Denim Gold

View attachment 102842

Second shave with the Brazil Wilkinson Sword, this is a very sharp blade! So much so, I only needed a pass (and a bit of clean up) to get a nice finish.

@Blademonkey what are the slots of your 7OC? Is it flat bottom?
IMO there is a night and day difference between the flat bottom and raised flat bottom New OC heads. Two superb razors though!

@ATG Great picture!
It is identical to the flat bottomed new Shubs.
I hope this helps.

Paul.PXL_20230320_155204843.jpg
PXL_20230320_155051421.MP.jpg

Last edited:
20230323_173228.jpg

Shave 4 with the Muhle blade and the same result as yesterday. Close but not as smooth as usual. Hadn't heard anything good about Muhle blades but the 1st couple of shaves were encouraging. It's seemed rough since then and doesn't actually feel sharp to the touch anymore. Needless to say it's now been binned.

As a side note / question, this is the 1st bottle of Proraso I've used for a while and it leaves my face a little "tacky" or "sticky". I don't remember that happening before. Anyone else found that?

Thursday 23 March
Schick injector Type E and Supply blade
La Toja soap stick
Zenith synthetic badger

I think the Schick coupled with a Supply blade is a match made in shaving heaven. Super creamy lather soap but has a pretty weak scent for me. Super smooth application with the Zenith such that I could have easily got carried away and caressed my delicate fizog all day.
Two passes plus pick ups for a dfs. This razor is very light to handle and is easy to move around the contours of the face. It doesn’t need much pressure and the shave angle is intuitive. The blade still performs as good as the first time, so I’m interested as to how long it will last.
Bliss :) despite a few problems with Royal Mail today as @Paul L will attest, :mad:
Enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 102836
"synthetic badger" It's just a synthetic, like plastic jesus, it's just plastic.

Thursday 23rd March

Soap • Wickham Citrus Musk
Brush • Simpson Wee Scot **
Razor • German OLD type copy **
Blade • Dorco Titan (3)
Post • Myrsol Agua De Limon Aftershave

** This dinky razor and tiny brush were part of a very generous PIF from Ben, @hdb3326
Although very small, they both do the job very well.

Many thanks for all of the kind comments regarding my wife's health.
Debbie is feeling much better today - and I am doing all I can to aid in her recovery.

"synthetic badger" It's just a synthetic, like plastic jesus, it's just plastic.
I’m so pleased you spotted this deliberate mistype Toby, good to know that shave brothers actually read posts. Mind you when I wrote it I did have a smile thinking about plastic badgers giving up their synthetic bristles for our shaving pleasure :ROFLMAO:

Thursday 23rd March

AMWts8A351iqowgjA5WT2Dk7e6gypWamYPSL6rcU8pOR-a0ZKWVEyIsbYiN4IK6PGTtsrs-2eZwMgZZWGeHcCEzgl2iq-TPujlT5Z10pdNuiBAf94qnffZ4abPyu0T6X8-F0cPuAJYeSMT-IOGDJrYHQ9rM1xQ=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
De Vergulde Hand Shaving Stick & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Racer Super Stainless
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Back around to the Racer for a second run ...

Sublime! Despite the Classic being (I still think) smoother, the Racer Super Stainless is the cream of the entire crop as far as I'm concerned. With both a stainless and a (sharper) platinum under the brand, I think Racer (oddly, not Lord) is the standout brand.

Absolutely lovely! I could have that shave again ... and again!

I’m so pleased you spotted this deliberate mistype Toby, good to know that shave brothers actually read posts. Mind you when I wrote it I did have a smile thinking about plastic badgers giving up their synthetic bristles for our shaving pleasure :ROFLMAO:

What with all the micro-plastics, even in high-mountain Manchuria, there's a chance that badger hair has some plastic in it ... it's just a matter of time. Still horrid clods of spiteful filth for which a synthetic brush is entirely superior! Badger? Bleurgh!

Back
Top Bottom