SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

SOTD: 18th March 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Geo F Trumper Violet Shave Cream.

Frankenrazor: Muhle R41 bottom plate with Yaqi Mellon top cap + Schmidt R10 Handle. (Face) - Shark Super Stainless. (D1)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 (Brass) (Head/Dome) - Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel ASL. / L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB./Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EdT.

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

After the comfortable close shaved i had with the efficient Muhle R41 in my previous weeks shaves i've decided to experiment pairing the Yaqi mellon top cap with the R41 bottom plate + hefty Schmidt R10 handle which combined together wonderfully making a superb efficient Frankenrazor. The yaqi Mellon cap makes the R41 semi-open comb base plate feel noticeably smoother than the Muhle top cap.

After the shave my skin felt BBS with no irritation, nicks or cuts, and the alum rub was minimal over all areas of my ugly mug.

It's been a while since i last used The G F. Trumper Violet shaving cream and forgot how much i really like it's unique scent only a small amount is needed to create a excellent lather for the full shave leaving a superb post shave feel.

I know from pass experience with the Shark SS i get 2-3 max acceptable shaves after that I bin them. They have a good balance of smoothness& sharpness which for me is a great combo...As always YMMV, opinions are very subjective.

Another close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 18-Mar
20230315_115738.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Wolfman Guerilla
Blade: Feather (1)

Nice shave this morning, star being the Ernest. Love this one, picked up what feels like more orange this morning but that dissipates swiftly and I'm left with a slight darker more comfortable scent that I'm familiar with.

Feather loaded, comfortable shave and I think after tomorrow I'll be able to form a somewhat solid, and obviously entirely subjective, opinion.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Sat 18
Soap Wholly Kaw Pomplemo
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
Good soap for the rich creamy and slick lather but with a very mild scent...
A very enjoyable shave with this hefty & solid razor. Stropped on the Kangaroo leather, the edge is buttery smooth & keen in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...awesome!
20230318_135423.jpg

Saturday 18th March

Omega 011829 Boar - Natural Ireland Natural - Focus R28 Slim Al/Kai #3 - Patrick EDC

Excellent shave. I have finally found a razor for my collection of Kai Blades!. The slightly larger blade exposure makes them the DE equivalent of a Feather Pro Super! Just need to check the longevity to determine whether they are worth the extra cost.
No prizes for guessing how I will spend the day. The Guinness is chilled ..........just hope I am still sober for the last match!

Today's shave:

rdt230318tdi6r.jpg

- Dr. Selby Lavender
- Maseto "Beehive" Finest
- Edwin Jagger DE87 with ASP blade
- Myrsol Fórmula C aftershave

:D

5C8CDCCF-97FE-435D-98CD-435717172966.jpeg
SOTD: 18/03/2023

Razor: Atelier DURDAN La Faulx
Blade: Feather Pro, 6th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: House Of Mammoth Indigo Croap
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

I wanted to try another blade and gave a standard Feather Pro in it, and the difference was noticeable. It’s not like previous members on the passaround hadn’t warned me! It was a lot less smooth than with the super pro, but more or less as efficient. I’m not sure I’ve used a razor that seems to be so blade dependent! It was still a great shave but not as enjoyable as the previous ones. It’s a really great razor, extremely well made and the finish is superb but today has convinced me I’d need the medium plate as it just requires a little more work than I like from my SE’s.
On a separate note this is my first use of a House of Mammoth soap and it certainly didn’t disappoint, my thanks again to @Mike Smart for the generous samples sent. The scent actually improved on lathering and it lathered up a treat and with ease. It has reignited the soap hoarder in me, (I’m not sure it really ever left!) and definitely helped open my mind and pushed some of my favourites away from solely citrus based scents!

18/03/23
Shavette Saturday shave1.gif
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 12 (1).JPG
I do enjoy using a Feather Shavette, the SR version is lovely to use. BBS and comfortable in 2 easy passes.
A nice post shave routine finishing with a splash of Sauvage.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Meštar Picigin
Razorock Hive
Karve overlander
Vintage Gillette super silver platinum
Dendi pure aftershave
Azzaro pour homme

After several usages of Meštar soap I have to say that it is absolutely fantastic soap. Meštar comes from Croatia and I think it's available on Anticatura shaving. Creates thick, slick and protective lather. There was no sting from aftershave so it proves it's good stuff. Scent on this one is sweet orange but there is more herbals in background. Container size is among largest on market which always comes handy.

PSX_20230318_113013.jpg
IMG_20230318_104233.jpg

ObsJT4z.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Blue Stratos Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boucheron Pour Homme EdT

Finally worked out this soap - it takes a lot of water.
Great lather, and a delightful shave.

029CC9BE-DFF3-478C-86E1-1E7ADE1461D7.jpeg
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Pal Injecto Matic
Chinese Schick (1)
Speick shave stick
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

First use of my Pal Injecto Matic, a recent eBay buy in minty condition.
This fabulous little razor has seen very little if any use before I bought it.
Lovely, shave. A little more blade feel than my Schick L, twin injector, but very smooth.

I like injector razors.

Enjoy yours gents.

Back
Top Bottom