SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

3IIA8VB.jpg

Saturday 03.18.23
RAZOR: Boti Anodized Titanium AC Razor / Color : Meteorite
BLADE: Kai Captain Mild PINK
BRUSH: Oumo 03 Venus Kaleidoscope 26mmSHD Badger
LATHER: OSP Dark Matter Shaving Soap
What an astronomic setup!:love:

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 2 )
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake 2 Band
Soap = Hags Eulogy with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
D35D3E0B-CEE8-4098-BA37-CF392C409075.jpegIt’s been a busy couple of days for me working from home & doing some online courses,
Plus trying to sort of Visa stuff for Brazil & Indonesia.
Sometimes i feel like throwing the lot out the widow & say Fug it
But then the wife tells me she needs a new hoover,
Then i say oh yeah i forgot our 6 months warranty is up :unsure:
Honestly man what is wrong with these creatures.

oh yeah i nearly forgot it’s a shaving thread.
So this soap is ok
not great just ok.
The Scent is good
BUT
The performance just isn’t these.
i enjoy using it & i will keep it but i definitely won’t by any more well certainly not at the price o paid.
Half price sale i might consider it.
I know this Razor isn’t for everyone & i understand why however for me it just works,
it always gives me the best shave ever and this one was no different.
it’s a straight 10/10 every time.
I know there’s more expensive SE’s out there but in terms of shave i question whether there’s any better.
Now iv just persuaded myself to have a cheeky we dram
All the best & enjoy your weekend

Saturday 18th March

AMWts8Dn2RjnTWkdEOwrkt8L_drSCBpUZf1FyHajTWTNtzKW8OD5Xr954Ub5zhyzQew7ASYBfr-jGYq66mR0WUZeSZCYNTiparrhDJCjIPwOqKlVoHj2w2S-VN-HI3XmaWow0kgj-b0qqIfeFhWJpQZEfgVDVg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Haryali Rosewood w/Pure Bristle 20mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Lord Platinum Class
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I have not enjoyed shaving with the Lord Platinum in the past. Forgetting those experiences and running a Shark Platinum or an ASCO Platinum through, I've been sorely reminded that I have not enjoyed shaving with the Lord Platinum ...

That does at least tell me that the various platinum class blades from Lord are most likely the same.

Running through the entire Lord house over the last three weeks, I have really come to appreciate this platinum class blade. My lack of enjoyment is entirely down to my technique, which is often heavy-handed and can leave with with a couple of weepers and post-shave irritation. These blades are sharp!

Yes, running through the entire Lord house ... in order to fully understand and appreciate the blades, I've been using the same razor throughout and really concentrating on my technique. With a light touch, the Lord Platinum is a phenomenally efficient blade - it is very sharp and will achieve in one pass what most blades tke two passes to achieve. It's not quite, say, Gillette Nacet sharp but an absolute equal of the Gillette Winner Platinum, which I find a very sharp blade ... probably more so than the unequivocally sharp Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum.

I am left impressed. Impressed and now I know its place, have a new go-to Platinum blade ... since I think the Racer Platinum that I really enjoyed will be a little difficult to come by what with the new eBay policy on razor blades.

Quite something!

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 2 )
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake 2 Band
Soap = Hags Eulogy with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
View attachment 102587It’s been a busy couple of days for me working from home & doing some online courses,
Plus trying to sort of Visa stuff for Brazil & Indonesia.
Sometimes i feel like throwing the lot out the widow & say Fug it
But then the wife tells me she needs a new hoover,
Then i say oh yeah i forgot our 6 months warranty is up :unsure:
Honestly man what is wrong with these creatures.

oh yeah i nearly forgot it’s a shaving thread.
So this soap is ok
not great just ok.
The Scent is good
BUT
The performance just isn’t these.
i enjoy using it & i will keep it but i definitely won’t by any more well certainly not at the price o paid.
Half price sale i might consider it.
I know this Razor isn’t for everyone & i understand why however for me it just works,
it always gives me the best shave ever and this one was no different.
it’s a straight 10/10 every time.
I know there’s more expensive SE’s out there but in terms of shave i question whether there’s any better.
Now iv just persuaded myself to have a cheeky we dram
All the best & enjoy your weekend

Come on Mike.

You can't leave me hanging there.

Did you get a new hoover?

Saturday 18th March

AMWts8Dn2RjnTWkdEOwrkt8L_drSCBpUZf1FyHajTWTNtzKW8OD5Xr954Ub5zhyzQew7ASYBfr-jGYq66mR0WUZeSZCYNTiparrhDJCjIPwOqKlVoHj2w2S-VN-HI3XmaWow0kgj-b0qqIfeFhWJpQZEfgVDVg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Haryali Rosewood w/Pure Bristle 20mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Lord Platinum Class
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I have not enjoyed shaving with the Lord Platinum in the past. Forgetting those experiences and running a Shark Platinum or an ASCO Platinum through, I've been sorely reminded that I have not enjoyed shaving with the Lord Platinum ...

That does at least tell me that the various platinum class blades from Lord are most likely the same.

Running through the entire Lord house over the last three weeks, I have really come to appreciate this platinum class blade. My lack of enjoyment is entirely down to my technique, which is often heavy-handed and can leave with with a couple of weepers and post-shave irritation. These blades are sharp!

Yes, running through the entire Lord house ... in order to fully understand and appreciate the blades, I've been using the same razor throughout and really concentrating on my technique. With a light touch, the Lord Platinum is a phenomenally efficient blade - it is very sharp and will achieve in one pass what most blades tke two passes to achieve. It's not quite, say, Gillette Nacet sharp but an absolute equal of the Gillette Winner Platinum, which I find a very sharp blade ... probably more so than the unequivocally sharp Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum.

I am left impressed. Impressed and now I know its place, have a new go-to Platinum blade ... since I think the Racer Platinum that I really enjoyed will be a little difficult to come by what with the new eBay policy on razor blades.

Quite something!

Btw Paul, have you used an Indian Gillette 7OC Permasharp recently? It's an incredibly sharp blade, I find it to be close to the Nacet but doesn't last as long.

Thanks for sending over the Statums, they are excellent blades. I'm finding myself reaching for subcontinent blades more often now, I'm finding they seem to work with my old Gillettes better than their Russian counterparts.

The Statums are in the top tier of the subcontinent blades I have used. If I didn't know better, I'd say they are made in the same factory as some of the Indian Gillettes.

Btw Paul, have you used an Indian Gillette 7OC Permasharp recently? It's an incredibly sharp blade, I find it to be close to the Nacet but doesn't last as long.

Thanks for sending over the Statums, they are excellent blades. I'm finding myself reaching for subcontinent blades more often now, I'm finding they seem to work with my old Gillettes better than their Russian counterparts.

The Statums are in the top tier of the subcontinent blades I have used. If I didn't know better, I'd say they are made in the same factory as some of the Indian Gillettes.

Not recently, but I know I prefer it (the Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp) over the Russian variant by a country mile. To be frank, I've not been at all impressed with the Russian Gillette (PermaSharp & Sputnik excepted). The Chinese Gillette blades meet with my approval, generally. Yeah, those Statums could certainly give the mighty Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum some stiff competition.

Began growing my mustache and goatee back, it seems to have gotten a bit grayer since the last time I grew it(LOL). Anyway, begin with a nice face wash using Taconic body soap "Dead Sea", pre-shave oil, and a hot towel. Second shave with the Kamisori was, different to say the least---almost like learning to shave all over again---but satisfying in a different way. A couple of touch-up areas and then my finish routine of aftershave lotion, hot towel, aftershave balm, and aftershave lotion again.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Feather Artist Club DX Kamisori
Blade: Feather Professional Light Blade
Brush: Parker Red Boar Bristle
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool #4 Pre-shave oil
Lather: Cella Almond Shave Cream
Aftershave: Cella Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Hot towel
Hot Towel #2
Cella Aftershave Balm
Face wash