SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

SOTD: 19th March 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !"Lime Burst Shaving soap.
Razor: Muhle R89.
Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (D2)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Aloe Vera Gel./Milton Lloyd Essentials No10 EdP.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I have mentioned in many of my posts how much i like my Muhle R89.

I have a fair few DE razors but the more razors I have used, the more I still really like the design of the standard R89, and like the Edwin Jagger DE89, & Merkur 34C, which are all excellent razors for beginners and more experienced shavers. IMHO it definitely doesn't get the credit it rightly deserves. Probably because it's over shadowed by the Edwin Jagger DE89. As always YMMV.

Another smooth performance from the R89/Shark SS duo. A Comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No10 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 20230319.
AdIzyra.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Semogue 1250.
Proraso "Wood and Spice" shaving cream.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Permasharp Super (4).
Pitralon "Classic" AS.

SOTD 19-Mar
20230315_115914.jpg
Brush: Semogue Galahad
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Razor: Wolfman Guerilla
Blade: Feather (2)

Decent enough shave this morning, the feather helping somewhat. Now for my unsolicited and entirely personal opinion.

From the off I knew it was too mild for my normal tastes, it doesnt hit the two pass test for me. The higher gaps that are on offer may help that. So functionally the razor could work for me, the head is small enough to reach all the right places, it sits nicely in the hand (this is contrary to my next random thoughts) and is nimble enough to do the job.

But the design/aesthetics just don't do it for me, the handle seems too chunky relative to the head. There's something familiar in it, other than the old Guerilla of course, like an oversized Gillette New handle (that's possibly wrong but I can't put my finger on it) but without the vintage attraction. But I think it's the finish that draws my attention to these things. It just seems rough, again not in feel, but from a purely visual perspective. I like machined finishes but the darker finish isn't to my taste. I'm also massively influenced by his other offerings, which is entirely unfair as they are significantly more expensive. So as an entry into the Wolfman lair, then perhaps it's not that bad.

For my tastes there are others that win out at the same price point. This seems to be aimed in the blackbird region, which for me is both efficient and eye catching in terms of visuals. Spend an extra few pounds and you get yourself a Lambda Athena which is up there with the best of them at least to me, both of which I love.

Take that for what it's worth, one man's uninformed opinion with limited use, a preference for efficiency and a different taste in looks. As ever, horses for courses, and if you love it then excellent!

I am of course very appreciative of the opportunity to try this out, so thank you to Wolfman and @Scorpio93 for arranging it, it is very much appreciated!

Far too many words for a Sunday morning!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Prime lime time
Spring has sprung in Hotmetal Towers. Ball end Tech and Wilkinson Sword blade (2) harmonised beautifully to provide an excellent comfortable and close shave.
Now I'm trying to decide between Alvarez Gómez AdC Concentrada to continue the citrus theme or go with a light and youthful (unlike me) Hollister Wave. Hmm. Answers on a postcard please.
20230319_084156.jpg

A nice relaxing Sunday morning. As it’s Mother’s Day I’ve decided not to work (to check everything goes to plan between my son and wife), so I had a bit of a lay in followed by a nice relaxed shave and coffee:

1093E010-54C8-4891-9C36-35798FA6E925.jpeg

a Mother’s Day breakfast that we all benefitted from:

46A9C020-F3BB-4A7B-AFA2-418047C420E6.jpeg

then I’ll be off to walk “the beast”:

59761498-0B3E-447E-A93F-18DE3829FD0E.jpeg

Last edited:
19/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Personna Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 12 (2).JPG
Its been a while since i used a Personna Platinum, quite impressed with it in the Rex.
The RR400 is a lather monster and today was no exception, with the Rex set at #2 i completed to easy passes for a comfortable BBS finish.
Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Sunday 19th March

Cream • Nivea Sensitive
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Muhle R41
Blade • Dorco Titan (1)
Post • DeliPlus N Locio'n Aftershave
Fragrance • Penhalligons Bayolea EdT

Recent discussions on TSR about the legendary R41, and of Nivea shave cream influenced my choice of razor and lather for today's shave.
This R41 is a post 2013 razor, and shaves closer than a stranger on the Jubilee Line at rush hour. Common sense, with a light touch is all that is needed for a trouble free shave.
This Nivea cream sees little use, and is probably four years old. It performs as well as most other creams in all respects.
N Locio'n Aftershave splash is a very inexpensive, but reliable product. It comes in a 200ml bottle and costs about €2.25 from the likes of Hiperdino in Spain.
Finished with a liberal spraying of Penhaligons Bayolea EdT.

Last edited:
Sun 19th March

RR Syn 22mm
Mondial Tabaco Verde
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 7 )

Another Shave when away but today much better than yesterday as no rush to get out of the House. Today changed the soap and as no rush got a perfect Lather, which is not always the case when away from Home.

Sotd 19/03
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA wow signal 2020 ck6
Splash: PAA wow signal 2020
Balm: PAA wow signal star 2020 jelly
Alum bloc
Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: karve stainless OC-D plate
Blade: Gillette nacet 2nd use

Morning folks had a great shave this morning went for some wow signal by paa nice scent on this one Scent Profile 2020: Osmanthus, Tobacco, Labdanum, Bourbon, Agarwood, and Benzoin Resin.
Also really nice scent on the splash and balm once applied also the karve paired with the nacet is a perfect combo
Have a great Sunday
20230319_105741.jpg20230319_105756.jpg20230319_110237.jpg

Sunday 19 March
I’ve been using the Type F this week, getting to know it and like it a lot. I could use it as a daily shaver but that would stop me from enjoying my other usable razors. I started with Schick Proline B-20 blade but it really only gave me one good shave before it started tugging. Disappointing but maybe a duff batch? I then switched to a Supply blade and this has worked really well since.
Today though it was time for the Schick Type A. This is a different shaving experience to the F, I would say slightly more aggressive that the F but still does the job with no weeps or too much irritation. No blade stops on the Type A maybe this plays a part?
luxurious lather and lingering scent from Extro Positano, applied easily with an old chrome Omega 48 bristle. This is the first bristle that I’ve used that is smooth and soft, not hard and sharp like a toilet brush. Not that I’ve ever used a toilet brush for shaving purposes :eek:
2 passes and clean ups for a dfs, Man Cave moisturiser and Positano after shave splash left me very satisfied.

Have a great Sunday and a happy Mother’s Day to all mothers everywhere!

AB6F90A5-4AE0-4FC2-A1A8-F2F6BE2A52CC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom