SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

3IIA8VB.jpg

Saturday 03.18.23
RAZOR: Boti Anodized Titanium AC Razor / Color : Meteorite
BLADE: Kai Captain Mild PINK
BRUSH: Oumo 03 Venus Kaleidoscope 26mmSHD Badger
LATHER: OSP Dark Matter Shaving Soap

18 March

SV 70th Anniversary
Plisson synthetic
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
SV 70th Anniversary asl

567B726E-4184-4578-B2BC-253ECBB20006.jpeg
What an excellent shave this morning. The Rex Ambassador loaded with a new Treet blade and set to 2.5 was close and very comfortable, closer than my last three shaves with the Feather blade, surprisingly. The lather was equally good. The Plisson synthetic was the first synthetic, for me, to rival my badger brushes. It still does.

SOTD 20230318 Passero by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Erasmic Shaving Stick 50g / Denim Original Crema
  • Razor: Merkur 761 Futur Adjustable Shiny Chrome
  • Blade: Bolzano Super Inox #7
  • After: Arval L'Uomo AS Balm / Denim Original After Shave Lotion
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #WIP
BOjeTQY.jpg

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Nikki Lane - Denim & Diamonds

PXL_20230318_154848995~2.jpg
SOTD March 18. 2023.

Razor - Gillette RFB New
Blade - Gillette Super Stainless (Brazil)
Soap - DG - Darkfall
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Captain's Choice - Copper
Post - DG - Aftershave splash

A lazy afternoon shave using some new kit, the DG - Darkfall set and Brazilian Gillette blade's were kindly gifted to me by @Mike Smart, thank you Mike and the Gillette New razor was acquired from @Gairdner, thank you Graeme, very nice indeed .:)

On to the shave, it was a most enjoyable shave I had soon knocked up a lovely lather from the Darkfall soap with the aid of one of my favourite boar brushes, the scent of the Darkfall is wonderfully earthy with a touch of smoke, the birch tar really comes through, it's one of those that you will love it hate, I love it.
The Gillette New, a lovely two piece razor and the Gillette blade were a great pairing and I was left with a real face feeler, super smooth and supple, just the job.
A splash of the Darkfall aftershave gave me a second helping of the wonderful scent.

Enjoy your weekend chaps, be safe and shave happy!

Paul.

View attachment 102581
SOTD March 18. 2023.

Razor - Gillette RFB New
Blade - Gillette Super Stainless (Brazil)
Soap - DG - Darkfall
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Captain's Choice - Copper
Post - DG - Aftershave splash

A lazy afternoon shave using some new kit, the DG - Darkfall set and Brazilian Gillette blade's were kindly gifted to me by @Mike Smart, thank you Mike and the Gillette New razor was acquired from @Gairdner, thank you Graeme, very nice indeed .:)

On to the shave, it was a most enjoyable shave I had soon knocked up a lovely lather from the Darkfall soap with the aid of one of my favourite boar brushes, the scent of the Darkfall is wonderfully earthy with a touch of smoke, the birch tar really comes through, it's one of those that you will love it hate, I love it.
The Gillette New, a lovely two piece razor and the Gillette blade were a great pairing and I was left with a real face feeler, super smooth and supple, just the job.
A splash of the Darkfall aftershave gave me a second helping of the wonderful scent.

Enjoy your weekend chaps, be safe and shave happy!

Paul.
RFBs really are the biz. Hold the blade beautifully.

18 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Savon Mystere: Full Throttle ( ASA 2.1 )
Fragrance: Sahraa Oud by Fragrance Du Bois

A truly phenomenal shave today..the Wizzie really becomes the stuff of legend when coupled with the Weber.. but the 'Full Throttle' from Savon Mystere, WOW, easily matches the best of the best, with a thick, yoghurty lather that takes a LOT of water.... residual slickness is fantastic.. a faultless shave to start my weekend.

Back
Top Bottom