SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

Fri 24
Cream Old Spice Musk
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade Gillette Vintage Super Stainless 1st
Aftershave Old Spice Original Splash
Good cream...with a satisfactory lather and light scent nicely augmented by the splash.
Super easy comfortable and efficient shave with this simple razor & blade pairing. 3passes for a bbs finish...awesome!
20230324_215755.jpg

Fri 24th March

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Schick Super 11
Schick Super 11 twin Ultrex ( 4 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Am very pleased with the Shaves that I am getting with this Vintage Cartridge Razor, from memory seems better than The Sensor/ Mach that I used years ago. The Shaves so far have all been good and I have experienced no post Shave irritation.

0957BE32-23A4-4E99-AB8C-6F78411095AB.jpeg

@LeeMaz
Sorry for your loss my friend.

24/3/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 10077
Razor - Gillette Thin Handle Tech
Blade - Brazil Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post - Nivea Replenishing Balm
AS - Brut Original

IMG_20230324_152533.jpg

The Brazilian Wilk Sword is one of the sharpest blades I have used, I think it might around the same as the Gillette Nacet. It was very smooth on the first day, deceptively so, but once the teflon has worn down a little it's much sharper. I paired it with one of my mildest razor heads and it definitely tamed the blade somewhat. The shave was a gloriously smooth and comfortable one. I was only manage a pass and a bit with this blade in a Gillette New but managed two full passes for a very close shave.

Have a good Friday gents.

Friday AM 2023-03-24
International Achievers Day
bNCnMoc.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage) + a few drops of Bulgarian rose hydrosol
Paradigm 17-4
Personna 74 Tungsten (5)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave
FOPXD1v.jpg
Eh8N6Qc.jpg

View attachment 102865
SOTD: 24/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

It was a tough day today as I had to have my eldest dog put to rest after discovering a mass pressuring his heart. Thankfully I had one last good morning walk with him and the wife before we took him to the vets.
The shave helped keep things as normal as it could be on a day like today and thankfully the shaves seem to be getting better and better with the Oren.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

24 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Two Band
Soap: 345 Soap Co: Aces over 8’s (Deus Vult)
Fragrance: Oud by Mona di Orio

another 'WOW' shave.. the Deus Vult base really is premier league stuff, and the Weber seems to have the Midas touch with blades lately, bringing out the absolute best in the Gillette Platinum, to produce an absolutely stellar shave.

20230324_175359.jpg

I don't usually shave on a Friday - I give my face a rest one day a week. But, after getting a Flatboy for my son I was tempted myself. I've been chatting to Stephen @ JJShaves (really nice guy) and today my own Flatboy arrived, with a bunch of free blades thrown in!

20230324_181348.jpg

I couldn't resist. So, I threw in one of my usual Shark SS blades, just so I could judge the razor accurately, made a coffee and got stuck in.

What a fun razor! It looks great and is really solid. It weighs about the same as my Harley! There's loads of blade feel. You know exactly where the edge is. This makes it a really easy razor to use. It's also super noisy - which I like.

I did find that when the razor blocks up with lather it goes straight from shaving to not shaving!

It looks aggressive. A flat blade with loads of exposure. It's not though. It feels like a 2011 R41 or an R41GS but isn't as aggressive or as efficient. It does work well though. I would say it's about as efficient as a 6S on plate 5. It's also very smooth with no real appetite to bite.

After my usual 2 passes I got no sting from the alum (which I used to see how it had gone) and have been left with a smooth and comfortable shave.

20230324_181937.jpg

I'll give my face a rest tomorrow and see how it does with more growth on Sunday.

Last edited:
54B0817F-6F13-4778-8DA5-E36EBADDA73A.jpeg
Head and face shave
Fat Friday 24.3.23

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf/ Twig Thorn
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT

Inspired by the Leaf vs Twig thread I decided to revisit my Leaf for a face shave. I always use the Leaf for head shaves as for me it’s simply the best but I always thought it a bit cumbersome for face shaving. It gave a fantastic shave although I had to touch up the moustache area with the Thorn. It isn’t much fun to shave with I have to admit but it’s definitely one I’ll reach for when in a hurry or just want a no brain shave.

Really sorry to hear of your loss @LeeMaz

Back
Top Bottom