Tuesday

Merkur 34c
Red Personna (2)
EJ Med Pure
Arko (Cool) Cream

Nivea ASB
Brut AS.

Three pass, face lather

A shave which has left me with the smoothest chops I have had for a while - and I have had some great shaves recently.Thrilled!

I think that the debut with Arko cream may have something to do with it. It's magnificent to use.

:icon_razz:

Tuesday

Schick Type E De Luxe
Personna injector blade
Vulfix Pure Badger
TOBS "Mr Taylor's" Cream
Nivea After Shave Balm
Tabac AS Lotion

This TOBS cream is incredible stuff; have only been using it for a few days but the lather production is superb coupled with a pleasing aroma.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
FH Tech-Stahly frankenrazor/Iridium
Rivivage SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP

Third day using this razor and man....what an effortless shave. Plenty of room for error and I can bear down on those tough spots without having to worry. Heh, almost as easy as my old M3, but this set up is a lot more fun to use.

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday 10-18-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran 28X56 - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - La Toja sensitive skin shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Toja - ASL La Toja.

Afeitado18-10-11.jpg

Simpson Duke
Tabac soap
#21 Aristocrat
Gillette Spoiler
Barbershop Bay Rum

The blade felt better today than yesterday - a nice three pass shave.

Tuesday's... full of grace.
Still into the Merkur Futur.
Preshave: Proraso preshave
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: SuperMax blue diamond platinum
Soap: MWF
Aftershave: Masters Bay Rum
Still really grooving on the Futur. Find myself shaving differently with it; long strokes rather than my usual short ones. 1st time with this blade, Not bad.

Tuesday

1950 Gillette SS
Perma-Sharp [4]
No Name Badger
Arko Cool S/C
Old Spice A/S [P&G]

Really nice shave from the SS, I normally shave with the more aggressive razors but took a punt on this a few weeks ago and got it for $9 with p&p [£6 something]. I used to have a flair tip SS and this one seemed more aggressive [prob the blade and my old age].

ttfn

T

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Palmolive stick, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Gillette Rocket, with
Gillette 7OC green (2)
Bulldog balm
Trumper's GFT cologne.

Reverted to an older, more conservative pattern of passes. Superlative shave :).

Merkur HD : Arko: Semogue 2020 : Witch Hazel​

6258389114_ca89db9465.jpg

Very quick shave this morning, but still pretty good, one small blood spot on my chin, nothing too major. Like arko but the scent does remind me of the stuff the cleaners use on the floor at work.

Tuesday
Gillette Tech with 7 o`clock (yellow)
Vintage Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
NF 2221 mountain badger
Alum
The Real Shaving Co. ASB

Real smooth shave. Enjoying the Tech, easy to use razor.

Gillette Slim Twist
7 o'clock Sharp Edge (yellow) (3)
Boots Cool cream

Nice easy close shave. If these yellows weren't so harsh on the first pass they would be the perfect balance of sharpness, smoothness and longevity.
I have some Polsilver coming - never tried before but heard great things - who knows? They could be my perfect blade.
Nearly finished my Boots Cool shaving cream. Only the third cream I've ever finished! 3 down, 18 to go...

EJDE89
Personna (2)
Vulfix Mix
Palmolive cream
One Planet Balm
GFT Eau De Quinine

Nearly put too much water into the lather but managed to get it spot on for three face passes and a head shave.

Back
Top Bottom