SOTD 15th to 21st October 2011

Friday

Simpson Chubby 2 In Best
Gillette Red Tip
Astra SP (2)
Henk's Dutch Moss Shaving Cream
Speick Aftershave
Bulldog Aftershave Balm

It has been a while since I have used henk's cream and I forgot what a performer it is.Super slick and creamy lather and a wonderful scent.Highly reccomended...

Mark

Razor:Iberia 13
Strop:Ambrose Cordovan (20/60)
Preshave: Proraso pre
Brush:Vulfix 404 Boar&Badger
lather:Floris 89 SS + Floris 89 SC
AS: Floris Elite ASB
EdT:Floris 89 EdT
Comments: I found this razor "NOS" in a cutlery, in Donostia,...a terrific 15/16 Hollow Ground, easy to hone and it can be compared to the famous filarmonica by its abilities. Happy as child with new toy :D . The soap that I've used were not able to give enough lather to shave, as a member of the spanish forum, foroafeitado.com, told me this Floris 89 is a reformulation, and the other Floris soaps goes well, I can confirm that because my JF is very easy to use. Finish with the creamy balm and the well known EdT.
Picture:
PA210220.jpg

First photo in a while from me. First shave in 4 days, heavy, heavy growth.

Friday:

T+H pre shave oil
T+H hard soap
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette Bleue NOS (1)
T+H 1805 cologne

3 full passes needed to mow down 4 days growth, 2 with the grain, 1 across. Nice. My daughter will now accept kisses once more.

Omega boar
Proraso soap
#21 Aristocrat
Gillette Spoiler

No shave yesterday, so I was a bit apprehensive about tackling two days' growth with a seven shave old blade. Still, I did it anyway... one minor weeper, but otherwise a nice three pass shave. Eight shaves from one blade, my new record.

Friday Night:

• - GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf SE TTO CC Phd RSPCA
    - GEM Super Stainless coated blade
    - Tres Cavelles(SP?) Brown Barber Pro2 Extra-horse
    - Truefitt & Hill Authentic No 10 sc
    - Thayers' Cucumber witch hazel
    - Floid Blue (Italian) ASL
    - Floid Original ASB

Back
Top Bottom