SOTD 15th to 21st October 2011

Thursday 10-20-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran 28X56 - Gillette Sheraton - 7 O'clock yellow #1 - Pre JASÖN - Palmolive shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institu de Karité - ASL Physical.

Afeitado20-10-11005.jpg

Thursday
Kiss My Face Key Lime SC (sample)/D.R. Harris with Astra/shavemac silvertip/Alum/Pereja after shave lotion(thanks Bill)/Weleda Bálsam
P1230161.jpg

Thursday

White proraso pre/post
Neo custom 2 band
Martin de Candre
Ej bull mastiff + Shark SS (2)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3passes - very smooth, no irritation.

MdC first impressions. Seems very good, but reserving judgment till a few shaves under my belt with it.

Only a wake up and it's the weekend!
Still enamored with the Merkur Futur!
! Tried it with a different blade- the Shark! 1st pass. Had to drop it down from 3 to 2 1/2. Beard was almost gone with the WTG. Second pass was ATG. Very smooth as there wasn't much left. Just kept going until the lather was gone.( 6pm now and There's nothing to reshave)
Preshave: Noxzema (plus)
Razor: Merkur Futur
Soap: African Black Soap very interesting. It's a natural veg. Black soap.
Blade: Shark
Brush: horse, little Leery of the soap!
Rozo alum
Aftershave: Nivea protective cream
Very nice shave.

Thursday

Unbranded Shoulder-less - Simpson 57 - GFT Sandalwood - Alum - Oldspice Whitewater
2z40o07.jpg

A great shave, its a shame that this razor is unbranded as its a sweet little shaver, and gives a nice clean result.​

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Henk, 21 mm silvertip in oak handle
Razor: Revisor
Cream: Fitjar, Neroli
AS/edt: Pacco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

I've got to let the face rest soon, but every morning it's the same - I _need_ to shave :D. Our brothers in Norways has two things we don't have - oil and Fitjar ... it isn't fair :D
003800x572.jpg

Friday

Trumper Razor (A kind of EJ Chatsworth clone - Merkur head)
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Tabac Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Very nice.

Ian

Botanics face scrub
Razor Feather AC-SS
Feather lite blade
Le' Tuft Chubby 1.5
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau de cologne
Botanics moisturiser SPF 15

Jamie

Super shave delivered with ease from the Feather AC-SS razor, two pass shave, perfect.

002-2.jpg

Weishi 2300-M
Feather blade
The very last bit I could possibly squeeze out of Boots Cool shaving cream tube.
A no-name aftershave balm from the pound shop which felt like alcohol, stinging nettles and sulphuric acid.

After three passes quite a close shave, but face is a little quite sore (nothing like it was after I put the sh*tty aftershave balm on). I wanted to try the super-mild Weishi with a super-sharp blade to see if they would cancel each other out and get a medium-aggressive, medium-close shave, and the result wasn't bad. Would use it again but need to remember to use a steeper angle than the Gillettes I use most of the time.

Friday 21st October

Jolly Good!

Merkur 34HDG
Blade: Rainbow*
Rooney Heritage Stubby2 (is there a finer brush?)
Pre - Myrsol
GFT Almond Cream
Floid Vigoroso
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Kiehl's Soothing Nourishing Face Cream
Lush Vanishing Cream

*A workman like, no-nonsense blade. Good solid stuff - you could be forgiven for thinking you'd taken two blades out of the pack. Nice bright packet - reminiscent of bubble gum wrapper! Clean shave. What more could you ask for?

A totally indulgent shave, commencing with the 'special prep'!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
FH Tech-Stahly/Feather
Dr Dittmar SS
Barbershop Bay Rum
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

Great shave using this mild frankenrazor with the Feather blade. Plenty of room for error if needed, and an extremely comfortable experience that left my face feeling nice and smooth. I could easily use this set up every day if I had to.

BBS results,

Martin

Re: RE: SOTD 15th to 21st October 2011

No shave yesterday (half term is upon us :)). This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Taylor's Violets cream, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Gillette Rocket, with
Gillette 7OC green (4)
Bulldog balm.

Pleasant.

I want to try the Feather AC, but I am too scared. Must order pro-guard blades and larger testicles.

Back
Top Bottom