Wednesday Night:

• - Minora 3-Piece (all metal & OC) razor
    - Gillette Minora Super Platinum blade
    - Nanny's Grapefruit creoap
    - Le Tuft Blinking Tiger horsehair brush
    - Humphreys Citrus witch hazel
    - Professor Blighty's Grapewood ASL
    - 444 ASB

Well, I finally have broadband (and a shower curtain rail - yay!) in my new faux-ivory faux-tower hermitage.

There's 2000+ posts to catch up on :-/
  • ... I might just do an 'all read' option rather than try and get through all of them at this time in my alleged life.
      • Yeah - that sounds somewhat attractive this morning.

Thursday 20th October

MdC - SOC 2-band - Merkur 34C - Astra SP (1) - Floid Blue - Nivea Sensitive ASB​

I've put the Slant away for a few days now. The HD and Astra are a great combination. This was the first razor I bought and I didn't appreciate it much to begin with. In fact I didn't use it for months on end. It's probably my favourite and most reached for razor now. A bit dry after the shave so I applied a smidgen of ASB.

Good to see you posting again UH.

Thursday 20th October

Move along...nothing to see here! An unremarkable shave.

Merkur 34HDG
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green*
Saville Row Silvertip
Pre - Floid Sandoral
Monsavon
Floid Vigoroso
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Kiehl's Soothing Nourishing Face Cream
Lush Vanishing Cream

*The Green 7 O'Clock appears to have nothing exceptional going for it - stick with her livelier sister the Yellow!

My first experience of Monsavon, and I rather think it will be my last. The soap is extremely boring to say the least and hardly worth getting out of bed for. Its only saving grace is that all my equipment rinsed clean with no scummy residue for a change. But life's too short, there's just too much stuff to try, and I won't be wasting it on Monsavon. If anyone would like to try this, please PM me and I'll put it in your direction.

A pleasure to re-visit my Saville Row Silvertip, though!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, extra stuffed silvertip in soapstone handle
Razor: Klas Törnblom in custom made scales with inlays of MOP by Neil Miller
Super lather: Dr Harris Marlborough + Arko
AS: Lacoste Challenge
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

007800x583.jpg

... and:
008800x531.jpg

Admittedly I dont frequent here as often as I used to, the change of forum style seems to disagree with my PC - anyhoo today I had a rather nice shave with a Derby (well half a Derby).
4 days growth.
Coffee (milk, no sugar)
Black pepper and mint face wash
Hot flannel
Black pepper and mint shave cream
New Forest 2201
Sanguine Shavette
Derby blade
Cold Flannel
Soapy Secrets Menthol Balm.

By jove, despite a couple of nicks its as smooth as a babys bum.

Yes, I have progressed from the DE to a shavette. Next stop a straight - ding ding all aboard, mind the doors please.

Back
Top Bottom