SOTD 15th to 21st October 2011

Gillette New 77 : Lucky Tiger: Semogue 2020 : Lucky Tiger​

6254409983_5cb010f285.jpg

Time flies when you are having fun, two weeks with this razor and I'm sad to see it go. Love the Lucky Tiger, especially as alcohol based aftershaves tend to disagree with me so im please to find this one, still worth it even with DHL factored into the equation

Razor: Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
Blade: GEM SE (4th go-round)
Brush: Elite Razor 24mm Silver Tip
Soap: Irisch Moos(e)
Result: BBS - Man-oh-man - that Lather Catcher is still one amazing razor after almost 100 years!!

Fitz Linson said:
[ Love the Lucky Tiger, especially as alcohol based aftershaves tend to disagree with me so im please to find this one, still worth it even with DHL factored into the equation [/font][/size]

Hi there,

Yeah, the LT Aftershave and Face Tonic really is a nice product. I'm with you when it comes to alcohol based aftershaves.....in my case I don't like the burn.

Lucky Tiger fragrance is a good one that's gone in just a few seconds. Nice not having it compete with any EdT applied after. It's especially good in warm weather because its consistancy so light....pretty much like water.

Martin

Monday
Gold Dollar, GFT Limes, Simpson 57, Alum, Old Spice Whitewater
2le3yu.jpg

Awesome, I must have been lucky with this GD as its flipping brilliant when teamed up with a decent lather.​

Feather AC RG, ProGuard
Acca Kappa 1869 veggie
Vie-Long horse
Some L'Occitane sample balm
Thayers Medicated

Most likely my last or the one before the last shave here. Packing up seriously now, moving co. should be here Friday and I should be off on Saturday, let's see if all will go according to plan...

Tuesday

Mekur 37 C Slant
Gillette Platinum "Swede" Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Ian

Tuesday 18th October

Merkur 34HDG
Gillette Silver Blue*
Somerset Simpson Duke 3 Best
Pre - Myrsol Emulsion
MWF
Floid Vigoroso
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
Kiehl's Soothing Nourishing Face Cream
Lush Vanishing Cream

*Continuing my exploration of gifted blades: A quality blade from the outset. Crisply printed outer wrapper with greaseproof lining. A very stiff blade, very sharp, very smooth. No pressure required, or pay the price. Blade buffing is enough to deal with 'problem' stubble. A truly excellent shave. I'll be re-visiting this one!

Monday 10th October

Pré de Provence - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Merkur 37C - Gillette Swede (1) - Ogallala BR L&P​

Not a good shave at all with this razor and blade. I don't know if it was a duff blade or a poor match of blade to razor, but it was pulling and tugging and I was still left with lots of stubble after two passes. I had to tidy up with a Merkur HD that I had loaded with an Astra. I might try the blade in a different razor tomorrow to see if it is just a dodgy one.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo 14
Razor: Ari-Ya
Cream: Vulfix, English Rose
AS: Mennen, Skin Bracer
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

I traded a razor for this Sommerset gigant brush... It's an absurd luxury feeling to use this it - it feels like it must feel when a gigant is petting his first kitten, with silk gloves. Wow! I need more Vulfix cream now, lol.
008800x765.jpg

Back
Top Bottom