SOTD w/c Sat 7th April - Fri 13th April

Last night:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (9)
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Soap: Martin de Candre
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Result: lovely

Many thanks to Pedro for the generous - both in principle and size! - sample of the MdC, and for the other sample I shall try tonight. I liked the soap very much, but then I like virtually all my soaps very much - but the lather seemed unusually rich and thick. Which is nice.

John said:
SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Another rushed shave after I dropped the other half at A and E with severe abdominal pains. Was a concern it may have been Pancreaitis but that was ruled out and may be down to over use of voltarol this week following a bad back. Pleased to say she came home on the same day.

Merkur 37c - love this razor
NF2201
Palmolive stick grated
7 oClock green #2
Blighty's Leather AS
Blighty's Universal Balm

Small weeper but pretty good considering.
My mother in law was taken to hospital with the same thing but sadly died, it turned out that she had gaull stones that had started an infection, and that in turn gave her septicemia. Might be worth looking into it just to be on the safe side;-)
Sorry to hear about your Mother in law John. Lisa had her gaul bladder removed 2 years ago and was told she may have a stone blocking a duct which could lead to further problems. Luckily this time it was a reflux problem giving the pain but at the time it resembled the pain she had from her initial gaul problems.

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
John said:
SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Another rushed shave after I dropped the other half at A and E with severe abdominal pains. Was a concern it may have been Pancreaitis but that was ruled out and may be down to over use of voltarol this week following a bad back. Pleased to say she came home on the same day.

Merkur 37c - love this razor
NF2201
Palmolive stick grated
7 oClock green #2
Blighty's Leather AS
Blighty's Universal Balm

Small weeper but pretty good considering.
My mother in law was taken to hospital with the same thing but sadly died, it turned out that she had gaull stones that had started an infection, and that in turn gave her septicemia. Might be worth looking into it just to be on the safe side;-)
Sorry to hear about your Mother in law John. Lisa had her gaul bladder removed 2 years ago and was told she may have a stone blocking a duct which could lead to further problems. Luckily this time it was a reflux problem giving the pain but at the time it resembled the pain she had from her initial gaul problems.
Thank you! At least it was nothing to bad this time, if it's any consequence I famously pulled my stomach once and went to the A&E with it, the nurse asked how did you do it,was you bending down to pick any thing up? to whitch I replyed, no my wife did it! She wanted a bunk up and jumped me and things got a little heated:blush:

WEDNESDAY EVENING

English Red Tip
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Semogue 1305
Klar Kabinett (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Myrsol Emulsion
Myrsol Formula K

Nice shave tonight with a few products that are new to me. The KK soap absolutely reeks of roses, caused my wife to raise her eyebrows when I unwrapped it.

It gives a very nice shave though, and the Myrsol is excellent too. A real menthol blast and very soothing.

Big thanks must go to Pedro for very kindly sending me a couple of sample bottles of the above. I will definitely be making a purchase I think.

Wednesday, 11.IV.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue 620
La Toja Stick
MÜHLE R101
Iridium Super
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Bottega Verde Uomo The Rosso Dopobarba

P1050897.jpg

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Witch Hazel

I didn't shave yesterday, as during the previous 3 days I had been experiencing some skin irritation issues. Let's see see how things go today.

Nice shave, by the way.

Ian

Tuesday:

Vitos pre-shave
Vitos Coconut soap
Ever Ready 1912 SE
GEM SE blade (6)
Nivea ASB
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann AS

Wednesday:
Vitos pre-shave
Vitos Coconut soap
Long Comb New
Astra SP (3)
Nivea ASB
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

BBS results both days. These two razors are fast bocoming my favourite razors.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Custom by Dutch Henk, oak in silvertip
Razor: Thomas Turner, Everlasting
Cream: Fitjar, Neroli
AS: Ogallala, Limes and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Bowling ball clean :D

005800x5812.jpg

... and some lovely coffee (boy, did I miss that, during our yearly Easter country side stay):
010700x461.jpg

L'Occitane Lavender Soap
Razor Custom Kropp in American Black Walnut
Brush Chubby 1 in Super
Pre Shave Burt's Bees Shave Cream
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau De Cologne

Jamie.

Delightful two pass shave with minor clean up.

002-2.jpg

English thin handle tech with a feather blade in it (for the first time) I am impressed,very smoth
taylors sandlewood cream
Thiers issard brush
Large bowl
E-oil
Geo.f.trumper sandlewood skin food to fin

Have a good day every body :)

Red Tip Super Speed, kindly lent to me by trainman and turned up before my shave this morning
'Red' Personna (third shave)
Nivea moisturising cream
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
Prof. Blighty's Universal Shaving Balm, sandalwood (also turned up this morning)

Great first try with one of these razors. Wasn't sure how much more aggressive than a standard flare tip of the time it would be. Enough to make them worth buying!

NotTheStig said:
Red Tip Super Speed, kindly lent to me by trainman and turned up before my shave this morning
'Red' Personna (third shave)
Nivea moisturising cream
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
Prof. Blighty's Universal Shaving Balm, sandalwood (also turned up this morning)

Great first try with one of these razors. Wasn't sure how much more aggressive than a standard flare tip of the time it would be. Enough to make them worth buying!

My Red tip gives me one of the best shaves from the vintages I have tried so far.

Back
Top Bottom