Monday 9th April

Facial scrub
3P Pre/post shave cream
Gold Dollar 208 6/8 razor
Semogue 1250 Brush
Vitos Green Soap
Alum Block followed by 3P Pre/Post shave cream
Aqua Velva AS

Some time back Nic (Jeltz) honed this razor for me. I have used it several times now, and as yet I have not required pasted strops to maintain the edge. To me this says 2 things. 1) Nic did a really good job, and 2) The Gold Dollar has pretty good steel. Today's shave was an absolute delight. Three pass BBS

Am on honeymoon in the Cotswolds so:
Fat Handle Tech with Shark Super Stainless
Erasmic Supreme shaving stick (glycerin based)
Professor Blighty's universal balsalm: cedarwood and clarysage

Cracking shave. Haven't used a Tech for ages and with this blade got a very good shave quickly. Perhaps it should come out of my travel bag and join my regular rotation...

By the way, went to Cotswolds Motor Museum today and amongst the motoring paraphernalia were other everyday items to suit the themed decades, including:
IMAG0288.jpg
IMAG0289.jpg
IMAG0307.jpg

gillette New short comb
personna med prep
simpsons berkeley best badger
provence sante
444/ old spice fresh lime AS

very nice smooth shave. got a decent lather from the provence sante, and the personna med prep blades are blowing me away at the moment. i havent used them for a while and id forgotten how good they are, it felt as if there wasnt a blade in my razor at times.

Hot Shower with Dove Clean Comfort Face and Body
BBR Scimitar Razor
Astra Platinum (4)
Arko Stick
BBR Corsair Super Badger
Prof Blighty's ASB

Yet another great shave from the Astra/Scimitar combo and Arko is just perfection when shaving. I've yet to have a problems with it and it just gets better and smells nice each time I used it.

BBS and a great start to the day.

Preparation: Nivea sensitive face wash
Shaving Cream: St James of London / Erasmic 'new improved'
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic bristle
Razor: Merkur 25c open comb
Blade: Superdrug / Dorco 301
Post shave balm: Lush 'Prince'

Pretty much an odds and ends shave, using up sample pots or leftover bits. Pretty good shave though.

Morning all,

Cella
Semogue 2010ltd
Joseph Rogers 6/8 near wedge
Nannys Vanilla & Coconut Post Shave Hydration
Nivea Rehydrating Moisturiser.

Quick & to the point today....I hooooooo I hoo....:)

Ahhh,is this what this part of the forum looks like:blush: so the cave man had a hint of where to post! I should stop referring to my self as the caveman as people will start taking the piss, but hey that's the English humour :icon_lol:

British tech, Bluebeards revenge ( and yes it does slow your beard, but not enough to get away with not shaveing ,well not on my beard any how)
Wilkinson sword blade,E-oil, sandlewood skin food to fin,
Not bad BSS WTG shave, will try feather blade next time, will be using british tech's for the next few days, why just because it's fun:icon_cool:

I haven't posted a SOTD for ages

Tuesday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS Blade
Proraso Soap
Semogue 2015
Thayers Superhazel
Vifrex Dopobarba

Chanel Egoiste EDT

Smashing

Feather AS-D1 Razor
Feather blade
Simpsons commodore X3 brush
Al's Jubilee shave cream
Thayer's original WH

I really like this shave cream, it is one of few creams that I find work really well for me, well worth a try. http://alsshaving.com/main.sc

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Another rushed shave after I dropped the other half at A and E with severe abdominal pains. Was a concern it may have been Pancreaitis but that was ruled out and may be down to over use of voltarol this week following a bad back. Pleased to say she came home on the same day.

Merkur 37c - love this razor
NF2201
Palmolive stick grated
7 oClock green #2
Blighty's Leather AS
Blighty's Universal Balm

Small weeper but pretty good considering.
My mother in law was taken to hospital with the same thing but sadly died, it turned out that she had gaull stones that had started an infection, and that in turn gave her septicemia. Might be worth looking into it just to be on the safe side;-)

Nivea facial wash with hot water.
Proraso Pre/Post
Arko stick
Gillette 7'OClock Yellow
Muhle R41
Alum
4711 ASL (goes well with the Arko!)

Best shave yet with the R41 - definitely getting used to it now.

Back
Top Bottom