SOTD w/c Sat 7th April - Fri 13th April

muhle r41
polsilver blade
shavemac #25 silvertip
provence sante soap
prof blightys green ginger AS
boots no7 post shave balm

a bbs result, irritation and blood free shave. i struggled with the provence sante, found it difficult to shave with, it kept collapsing and drying out. it smells wonderful so ill persevere and figure out how to get the best out of it. end result though, my face feels fantastic after that shave.

This evening:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (7)
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone 24mm high mountain badger
Soap: Pre de Provence verlaine
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Result: excellent

None of the collapsing lather problems others have reported, though I face lather and usually dip the brush tips before each pass. Nice smell, good lather. Three face, four neck, first class.

Hot shower
Proraso Pre cream
Merkur futur set #1.5
Shark blade (day 4)
Omega pro 49
Proraso soap Green bowl
Proraso lotion
nice BBS , i tried on futur feather and Astra and Treet but with shark blade give a comfortable shaving , in order to get a smooth shaving i think chosen the razor and blade have the greatest influence on him other shaver

Sunday

Trumper Razor
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
EJ Best Badger Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel

Last shave for that particular blade, but still good.

Ian

Thanks guys for even more nice messages about my wedding. Everything went really well except first thing in the morning when I over-shaved my neck and got a few bloodspots. All cleaned up ok but when I was about to leave I brushed my teeth and collar rubbed against neck causing bloodspots on collar. Used my backup shirt.
Today:
Gillette Fatboy on 6 with Gillette Super Thin Platinum
Kent (MWF) soap
Henk walnut silvertip brush
TOBS Shaving Shop aftershave gel

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ badger
T and H Rose Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood
T and H Sandalwood Cologne

Rather good! Happy Easter all....
Happy one day anniversary NTS

Sunday:

Vitos pre-shave
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
Aristocrat Jr
Astra SP (1)
Alum & Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

First time I've used the Astra blade and I have to say I liked it a lot. Feels similar to the Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge.

BBS results, but unusually one or two tiny weepers, haven't had anything like that for ages. Smooth and irritation free though.

Today, a Proglide shave :blush:

359itly.jpg

Sin Pre + Erasmic shaving cream+ Semogue 1335 + Gillette Fusion Proglide #1 +"old" Aqua Velva lotion

Yesterday my girlfriend bought this Proglide for her depilations (a cheap offer) and I decided to test it because I have never use it before.

And yes, it shaves really good without irritation but you must have in your face a very light and hydrated foam or you'll have to rinse it very frequently... and I don't like specially the sensation it produces... it's like you are passing a cheese grater through your face, hehehe

A good experience anyway, but I prefer by far traditional safety razors and of course I'll never pay so expensive cartridges.

Cheers!

Saturday, 7.IV.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue LE2010 Selected Silvertip
The Body Shop w/ sesame oil
MÜHLE R101
Iridium Super
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Musgo Real ASB

P1050880.jpg

Sunday, 8.IV.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue Caravela
Musgo Real vintage Stick
MÜHLE R101
Iridium Super
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Musgo Real Colónia Aftershave

P1050882.jpg

Prep L'Occitane Lavender Soap
Razor Vintage Japanese Fon Golden Star 7/8
Brush Simpson Chubby 1 in Super
Pre Shave Burt's Bees Shave Cream
Vulfix Persian Musk Shaving cream
Alum + Witch Hazel
Botanics Moisturiser
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT.

Jamie.

The Fon Golden Star gave up a beautiful Easter sunday shave, two pass shave with minor touch up.

003-3.jpg

Happy Easter
Sunday shave :
Razor: straight razor , just honed by me. Square point (not my favorite point) no maker marks.
Brush: Boar
Soap: Taylor of old bond st, sandlewood
Alum
Clubman: vanilla
Balm: Nivea balm
Nice shave but not BBS

Another rushed shave after I dropped the other half at A and E with severe abdominal pains. Was a concern it may have been Pancreaitis but that was ruled out and may be down to over use of voltarol this week following a bad back. Pleased to say she came home on the same day.

Merkur 37c - love this razor
NF2201
Palmolive stick grated
7 oClock green #2
Blighty's Leather AS
Blighty's Universal Balm

Small weeper but pretty good considering.

Back
Top Bottom