SOTD w/c 4th - 10th Feb. incl.

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5
Cella Shave soap
Simpson Colonel
Floid the original

Broke the normal rules today and used a Hydro 5. Incredibly smooth, no nicks or irritation. I received it free through the letter box from Sainsbury's. Not sure if I fancy paying for the blades though. The hydro strip got on my nerves though as it was gooey and streaky.

Pre- wash and splash of hot water.

Cream- TOBS Sandalwood facelathered with my Edwin Jagger pure badger, result loads of really creamy and smooth lather.

Razor- Merkur 42 with a Treet Platinum blade (second use).

Result- Two pass shave and very close to BBS, no irritation or burn at all.

Post- Still had loads of lather left but I didn't want to do a third pass so on spur of the moment used the excess like a face soap to clean my face after the shave. Never done this before but it felt nice, don't know if had any benefit mind. Then cold water splash and Gillette moisturiser. All done.

Clinique soap
Simpsons special best badger
EJ 89 with Personna red #3
Professor blighty's Harlequin shaving soap
Professor Blighty's Harlequin witch hazel aftershave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin shaving balsam
Professor Blighty's Harlequin cologne
Love the Prof's Harlequin, good shave
:icon_smile:

Cary Grant said:
Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5
Cella Shave soap
Simpson Colonel
Floid the original

Broke the normal rules today and used a Hydro 5. Incredibly smooth, no nicks or irritation. I received it free through the letter box from Sainsbury's. Not sure if I fancy paying for the blades though. The hydro strip got on my nerves though as it was gooey and streaky.

There are no rules, and the majority of people that take up traditional shaving don't actually save any money by not buying cartridges, as they buy loads of soaps, creams and God knows what else.

Ian

Tuesday
Edwin Jagger with Astra/Semogue 820 /Geo F. Trumper violet SS/Weleda Balsam
P1230628.jpg

Neilo said:
Clinique soap
Simpsons special best badger
EJ 89 with Personna red #3
Professor blighty's Harlequin shaving soap
Professor Blighty's Harlequin witch hazel aftershave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin shaving balsam
Professor Blighty's Harlequin cologne
Love the Prof's Harlequin, good shave
:icon_smile:

Love the Harlequin yeah I kinda got that impression!

Pre: Proraso Pre/Post
Brush: New Forest 1901 (Yay!)
Soap: MWF
Razor: EJ89 with Derbys (Yeah, I know!)

Lovely brush and my technique is getting better!
I still need to work on lathering the Fat. It looks OK but when I apply it I'm not getting the richness I expected.
Oh, and I blame the cut on my neck on the choice of blade. I seem to end up applying pressure when I use the Derbys

Mikael said:
Brush: Le tuft, Simpson w silver tip

I have fallen in love with two things, the base of your brush and your razor stand. The brush I am assuming is custom made, is the razor stand also? I love them lots and would love to get things like that.

My shave: Too mediocre to mention

Gillette Old Type Ballend (Canadian 1905)
Gillette Super Platinum (2)
Neep Verderer
Arko
Alum
Boots Freshwood Post Shave balm

Up at half four tomorrow for a day trip to Brum with the boss so a very quick 'it'll do' shave tonight.

Two passes (WTG and XTG) with this razor are more than sufficient. Still got a weeper on the chin though! This an aggressive SOAB razor!

This morning:

Prep: steam
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Cream: Taylor's Violets
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone 24mm high mountain badger
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, Coral
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion
Result: nice :)

I'm starting to believe I prefer soaps to creams. Hmmm.

Dr Rick said:
I'm starting to believe I prefer soaps to creams. Hmmm.

What's doin Doc,

Yeah, I came to that conclusion maybe three years ago. There's only a couple creams in my rotation, and many more soaps. Performance wise, soaps do the trick better for me. especially when it comes to slip.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom