SOTD w/c 4th - 10th Feb. incl.

Thursday Evening

Schick Dial Adjustable Injector
Schick Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Witch Hazel

I shaved yesterday evening owing to the threat of snow arriving and having no time to shave this morning. No snow arrived, but it's a bit icy!

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 3
Razor: Thomas Turner, Everlasting + GEM Junior for head
Super lather: Nannys Ice and a Slice + Muhle cream
AS: Aqua Velva by Williams
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

One of the nicest shaves I've had for a long time :)
002800x600-2.jpg

... and some:
006800x506.jpg

Feather AS D1
Astra blade (2)
NF 1901 Super two band
Klar Kabinett
Thayer's medicated

First shave with the NF 1901, a nice small brush that I really enjoyed using, it produced lots of lather with the Klar. The Astra blade is also new to me, so far two nice smooth shaves. The Klar Kabinett is a sample I received from Wil, I have wanted to try it for a while, I like it a lot.

Friday

Pre: Hot Shower
Nivea Face Scrub
Razor: Ikon Classic
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge yellow (1)
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
A/S: TOBS Shaving Shop Gel

Had to try out my new Ikon Classic today, a tatally different shaving experience to the Merkur Futur, but once I found the right angle it was wonderful to shave with. Very smooth.

10FEB2012.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s M type adjustable injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
Surrey SS used as a stick
Kramperts Finest bay rum AS

This razor/blade combo's a real nice one. Very sharp blade that's dialed to the exact degree of bite for me.

BBS results,

Martin

Friday:

Merkur HD 34c
Perma-sharp super
Neep box wood silvertip
Acqua di Parma cream
Acqua di Parma colonia

Got back home last night from a couple of days work in The Hague, where the soft Dutch water contributed to some glorious lather from my La Toja stick.

Day off today, so indulged a leisurely late morning shave. I can't believe how I couldn't get a decent lather from this AdP cream in the past, because now I get oodles from a tiny amount, which is just as well because my sample pot is nearly empty :icon_sad:. Now where's the postie with my Razorock XXX...

This morning:

Prep: steam
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (5)
Soap: Trumper's West Indian Limes
Balm: Trumper's Skin Food, West Indian Limes
Scent: Trumper's GFT
Result: excellent :).

Not quite as quick as yesterday, but swift and comfortable and close and irritation-free.

slantman said:
Cobra Classic
Kai Captain Titan Mild

They intrigue me - I think if I were an injector man I would want to give the cobra a try.

Do you have a sense of how the Kai blades compare to the Feathers? They would presumably fit the Artist Club razors too. (Just when I thought I wad past the blade experimentation phase... ;).)

Back
Top Bottom