SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

View attachment 103866
View attachment 103867

Feel like I'm on repeat, but another great shave with the 3ONE6...

Last one tomorrow then all swap to a new razor on Saturday (after a rest

View attachment 103866
View attachment 103867

Feel like I'm on repeat, but another great shave with the 3ONE6...

Last one tomorrow then all swap to a new razor on Saturday (after a rest day).

View attachment 103868

I'm becoming such a 3one6 fan boy through your posts OS . It's only a few clicks away , must stay strong til payday

SOTD 20230412
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Morris & Forndran Heritage II L7
Soap: Nuavia rossa
Razor: ATT Windsor SSRH
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Myrsol Plastic Shave

SOTD_20230412.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Yeah, I had nothing to do with the label thread, but he had the 12k in the BST at the same time. In between me buying it and him actually sending it he got banned. Just bad timing. Oddly, he did actually reach out through another member to establish email contact with me, but these all contained sob stories. I was very sympathetic as it did sound like he had a lot on his plate, hospital and such, so I wasn't going to get narky. But ultimately he buggered off with my dough. Sounded like he needed it more than me so I just moved on. Ancient history now.
I concur.
I was caught in the middle of the same thing with a BST purchase but persisted and got it delivered in the end (a few months later). I did reach out after it all just to make sure he was ok as it seemed he was overwhelmed with stuff but did not replied back so stoped insisting.
Sorry to hear you didn't get the stone you paid for.

Last edited:
Last night's shave and complete with the theme, 'The shave of death'

20230411_203716.jpg

la navaja de la muerte - Stainless Mongoose
Espada de los muertos - Feather Pro
Roce con la muerte - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Jabón en serie - Bath House Orange flower
Ablandado hasta la muerte - Collegen
Olor a muerte - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'Mr Friendly. If you break another sink, you are bloody meat'

'I have been for the past 38 years'

Why death? This was the first time out for the new sink since I broke the last one dropping a perfume bottle. The second one in a row. So this time Mrs Satanfriendly gave me a warning, 'If you break another sink, you are bloody dead!'

Oh come on. How do you threaten Death with...death? I'm guessing the only person who could would be Mrs Death. So I shall have to avoid dropping further heavy items in to the sink if Mr Death wants to live.

Did I shave or just spend the evening speculating over possible epitaphs for a headstone?

Of course I did, and what a better bit of heavy metal to use than the brilliant Mongoose. I absolutely love this razor and I sold most of my other SE's as I can't see many others which match its capabilities. It does have its haters but see you lot at some point in the future. Slap in the Feather Pro and an evil pairing in the world of bristle bashing. Another great sublime shave with stunning results. No comments from the missus tonight, just a finger wagging and a sink inspection.

Phew. Death lives to see another day

A very fitting tune to end on and all I can say is 'No I wouldn't'........Toki or Yoshi? Make your vote......

Last edited:

View attachment 103886

Why death? This was the first time out for the new sink since I broke the last one dropping a perfume bottle. The second one in a row. So this time Mrs Satanfriendly gave me a warning, 'If you break another sink, you are bloody dead!'

Oh come on. How do you threaten Death with...death? I'm guessing the only person who could would be Mrs Death. So I shall have to avoid dropping further heavy items in to the sink if Mr Death wants to live.

Did I shave or just spend the evening speculating over possible epitaphs for a headstone?

Of course I did, and what a better bit of heavy metal to use than the brilliant Mongoose. I absolutely love this razor and I sold most of my other SE's as I can't see many others which match its capabilities. It does have its haters but see you lot at some point in the future. Slap in the Feather Pro and an evil pairing in the world of bristle bashing. Another great sublime shave with stunning results. No comments from the missus tonight, just a finger wagging and a sink inspection.

A very fitting tune to end on and all I can say is 'No I wouldn't'........Toking or Yoshi? Make your vote......

You could always use a plastic bucket to shave instead of your sink Chris, this might safeguard you and your cojones from mortal danger :ROFLMAO:

SOTD: 13th April 2023.

thurs.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Yelken Lemon Eau De Cologne. / Nivea Men Body Shaving Anti-Irritation ASL.

Greetings,

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Body Shaving Anti-Irritation ASL.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Thu 13
Soap & Aftershave Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Polsilver Stainless Vintage #2 vs Feather Stainless #3
Superb soap's lather qualities, brush, and splash...just awesome!
2nd blade challenges this time against the legendary Feather. So happened to have a 3rd used blade around. Both blades were smooth and very efficient in the razor at max 9 settings + a shim. I am amazed at how smooth the vintage polsilver is...the finish in 3 passes is bbs all over. Verdict...hmmm...perhaps a slight edge with the Polsilver!
20230413_134253.jpg

SOTD 13-Apr
20230412_133019.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: Haverford
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Rubie (3)

Blimey that was nice, Haverford arrived yesterday and I love it. Supposed to be based on TF Tobacco Vanilla which if that's the case then I may be looking to buy that scent. It shares (to me) some similarities with A&E Novelist which is one of my favourite scents but unsurprisingly stronger on the tobacco front but not in your face. I do have A&E Vanille de Tabac on the way so I'll see how that compares for me.

Very good shave with an excellent scent, happy days. Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:

View attachment 103886

A very fitting tune to end on and all I can say is 'No I wouldn't'........Toki or Yoshi? Make your vote......

i would on both :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom