SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

Wed 11
Soap CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4 "Max 9 setting"
Blades Polsilver Stainless Vintage vs Polsilver Super Iridium
Aftershave Aqua Velva Musk
The soap's lather is truly amazing! Super creamy and very slick...
Blade challenge shaves with the vintage stainless on the left & super iridium on the right. Razor set at max 9 for all 3 passes. Overall, the iridium was just a tad smoother but the stainless was a tad efficient...verdict...a draw!
20230412_134922.jpg

I've tried to search for the thread and got nowhere, was the Naniwa 12k something he was selling in the BST?
Yeah, I had nothing to do with the label thread, but he had the 12k in the BST at the same time. In between me buying it and him actually sending it he got banned. Just bad timing. Oddly, he did actually reach out through another member to establish email contact with me, but these all contained sob stories. I was very sympathetic as it did sound like he had a lot on his plate, hospital and such, so I wasn't going to get narky. But ultimately he buggered off with my dough. Sounded like he needed it more than me so I just moved on. Ancient history now.

Last edited:
SOTD 12-Apr
20230411_131721.jpg
Brush: Oumo Warhammer Boti NC 30mm
Soap: SH Sandalwood
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Rubie (2)

Excellent shave, lambda as always smooth and a joy to use. This newly assembled brush, eek, now I've heard the advice for 'no pressure' in regards to using a razor but never have I heard it used in relation to a brush. With the weight (230g) on this thing it could have probably dug out the channel tunnel in half the time. This is where the confusion now resides, I'm not sure whether this has nice backbone or it just picked up so much soap it had no other option, I could certainly see it doughnuting soaps in short order...I dub thee Destroyer. Either which way I like it but it is ridiculously excessive for a face shaver like myself.

Grand finish and smelling good, hope everyone had a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD 20230412.
n21AMjf.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
Semogue 1250.
Colonel Ichibad Conk "Santa Fe Cedar" shaving cream.
Maggard slant / MR14 handle.
Polsilver Stainless (3).
Colonel Ichibad Conk "Santa Fe Cedar" ASB.

Wed 12th April

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2 band
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Schick Super 11
Schick Super 11 Ultrex twin blade ( 8 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

I think that the reason why I am really enjoying my Shaves with this Vintage Cart, is not only are these blades incredible but since using DE/SE my technique has improved. Also a good lather helps, and I shave with a feather light touch and do not rush.- am rather amazed at the finish that I am getting from a Cart Razor, as a I gave up on them years ago due to the usual problems that many experience with them.

B229BED1-C51C-43A6-A3C1-77D89C0312CE.jpeg

This wasn't this evening's effort as I have only just shaved and I sure as shit didn't use an 89. I reckon I am a day behind, if not several years in reality. Please see my previous SOTD for an explanation. Something to do with grey matter and turds.

Anyway whatever it is this shave was put forward to the board for theming things and I am advised to give it the theme, 'Shaving community advisory explicit contents'

20230410_204331.jpg

Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - Feather (6)
Brush - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Soap - Floris Elite
Moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
Scent - Floris Elite

Present day Signature Soaps labeling machine....

'Checking the straightoperfection meter settings'

Original Signature Soaps labeling machine

'London? With a fucking 'i-n-i-u-m'? And it's not even bloody straight!'

'Ah, bollocks it'll do'

And this evening used the Floris Elite which doesn't have any label although it did have the word 'Floris' etched beautifully in to the soap itself when new. That one lasted a whole two shaves before it just said 'F'. Worn out second rate labeling or not the Elite still performs superbly and a great supporting scent to boot. The big brass did its usual facial mashing business and no jawline broken on this occasion.

Hit it all with the 89 and for the first time Mrs Satanfriendly made a nice passing comment about how wonderfully shaved I was. Shame she followed up making a passing comment of what a complete bastard I am but I would have been disappointed if she didn't.

Overall a complete bastard of a shave with a first class finish and a first class air of Elite to follow. Big and happy were the words of the evening.

And to wrap up with a kind of polished version of puffyshoes. Not sure they work in the same sense, but hey, it's jolly...And no I don't have a clue what they are called as my knowledge of the Japanese language fails me badly, but I assume they must be riding a British train. Hence they must also be late...

Back
Top Bottom