SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

SOTD: 8th April 2023.

a.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick-ups. -

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Denim Original ASL. /Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend... It's been while since i use my Parker Variant and forgot how much of a efficiently smooth it is which paired together with the Dorco Prime Platinum wonderfully mowing through my face & head stubble with effortless ease. Out of the four adjustable razors i have the Parker Variant is my favourite.

The Dorco PP blades may not be the most efficient of blades but I find them very forgiving and super smooth and pair up well with all of my DE razors especially the more assertive ones.

I personally find that Platinum coated blades feel smoother & the longevity of them is better over stainless steel blades...That said if had to choose just one type of blade then it would be the good old stainless PTFE/Teflon coated over platinum because they have a good balance of been assertive & smooth even though the longevity on Platinum blades is better i would still choose them...As always blade choice is a very subjective topic.

Another enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

An early start to the day and a shave themed, 'Morning wood and other short stories'

20230407_173355.jpg

Page 1 - Occams Enoch
Page 1 - Kai Titan mild
Page 1 - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Page 1 - MDC Fougere
Page 1 - L'Occitane Cade balm
Page 1 - Floris Santal

A very short story and thank you

'Gosh, that was a quick'
'That is the story of my life my lo..'

A super start to the weekend and have a great one you fantastic forum folk. My love for you is far longer than the two minutes I love Mrs Satanfriendly for.

And a new to me duo from the land of the rising sun. As bonkers as puffyshoes? Probably....

Sat 8th April

Omega 11126 boar
Monsavon au lait
ER 1914.
Gem S/S ( 5 )
Lea A/S Balsam balm

Though I am not keen on the short handle on the 1914, it always surprises me how well it works during a Shave. Am not pushing for too close a Shave as I am keen to avoid any further rashes. Will try out the Schick Super 11 over the weekend when away from home.

45753AD6-A1D9-413A-8C4E-57FD30E90308.jpeg

Today's shave:

rdt230408vgff1.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Rhapsody
- Zenith "Multicolor" Boar
- Mühle Hexagon with ASP blade
- Pour Un Homme de Caron aftershave

:D

Sotd 8th April
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: stirling piacenza
Splash: stirling piacenza
Balm: stirling piacenza
Edt: stirling piacenza
Alum bloc

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: karve stainless OC-D
Blade: feather 1st use

Morning folks had 2 weeks worth of growth so really needed a shave this morning decided to go full piacenza and yeah really nice scent very clean and fresh with a citrus scent to it and a great dense lather also the feather and the karve paired really well together
Have a great weekend
20230408_080725.jpg20230408_081335.jpg20230408_081343.jpg20230408_081356.jpg

08/04/23
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Focus R28
Blade - Perma sharp Half
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Spice Road
P4070002.JPG
A nice close shave that.
The Droyt's soap is very reminiscent of the vintage pears transparent soap, it really does feel nice on the skin with a light rose scent. Yeah, its a nice soap for a pre-shave face wash. I use the latest (cheaper) version of the pears and that also works very well for me. I think i will get some more of this soap as it is nice to support a local manufacturer. The shave soap bar will also get a run out at the end of the week.
A nice post shave routine finishing off a great shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 08-Apr
20230408_072049 (2).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: DG Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Cracking shave this morning, smooth shave and finish. Brought out the Cerberus as it hasn't seen the light for a while and seeing as it's sunny I thought why not something a little more fresh.

Smelling good and looking forward to a wander out to one of our local Welsh beaches with the family too stretch both the little ones legs (2 legged and 4 legged variety).

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

PXL_20230408_104131513~2.jpg
SOTD. April 8. 2023.

Razor - Tatara Muramasa - 5.
Blade - Gillette - Perma-Sharp #2.
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar, Olivewood handle.
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra.
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper.
Post - Refinery ASB.
Frag - Mysore Sandalwood oil - Ajmal.

Only one days growth to mow down but I have not used setting number 5 on my truly amazing Tatara Muramasa, so here we go!
I lathered up the wonderful Sig Soaps Capra to a creamy slick consistency, put a Gillette Perma -Sharp blade which was on its second use and the shave began.
Bish bash bosh job done in two passes and it was very comfortable as well as being really efficient, super smooth skin that was feeling supple, what a soap and what a razor!
This razor is amazing, the only adjustable that changes the angle of the blade as well as opening or closing the blade gap!
I love this razor, it is a remarkable piece of engineering, truly amazing!

Enjoy what's left of the bank holiday chaps.

Until the next time,

Paul.

Last edited:
Saturday 8 April
Same shaving kit and caboodle as yesterday and same dfs result. Thanks for asking.
We are still enjoying Amsterdam. Had Indonesian Rijstafel yesterday evening. Delicious!
Although Amsterdam has a population of 1 million it gets 18 million tourists every year :oops:
It seemed to me that this number were out walking today so thought I’d take a bike. Holland has many more bicycles than people so stealing bikes is second nature here. This was the only one I could find unlocked but after careful consideration I thought maybe I’d better walk. :ROFLMAO:

Have a great day fellas!

3EA58671-B4D3-464C-8433-6989DFF3AB82.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom