SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

Today's shave:

rdt23040997itk.jpg

- Abbate Y La Mantia Vegano
- Semogue FA 2016 LE
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with ASP blade
- Wilkinson Classic aftershave

:D

Happy Easter!

My second shave with my new EJ. The Shark SS was also on its second shave.

20230409_065250.jpg

I was looking forward to this one. A nice relaxed Sunday morning shave and a chance to learn more about the 3ONE6 over a nice cup of coffee. I also had some Proraso samples to try (oddly I'm not sure I've ever used their creams, although I do have some waiting in the line. No, must have done. But I can't remember).

I deliberately didn't shave last night, so I had a good 36 hours' growth to get through.

20230409_063656.jpg
After a good wash and hot soak I loaded the brush and started to face lather.

Hmm, no lather appeared. I know, more cream. Still no good. More water? No, still nothing. Odd. Duff sample? Out came the green sample. I smeared it on my face this time and went to work with the brush. Nothing? What? Is this some kind of new formula that only works in a bowl? No, I know it's early but don't be daft Jason.

Now, I always knew there was a reason I usually shave in the afternoon or evening. I checked the two empty packages and, for a change, read what they said. Preshave (in Italian, but it's basically the same)!

:)

So with a super tingly face from the green packet I grabbed my magic cup of mystery leftovers. That did the trick.

20230409_070734.jpg

20230409_070955.jpg

Off we go, back on track and with a very very well prepared face!

Two wonderfully smooth passes later and my face is super smooth and ever so comfortable. I've got that "I haven't shaved" feeling to my skin, which I think is the mark of an excellent shave.

Really enjoying this razor, and it shows how wrong my initial impressions were when I opened the box.

20230409_073034.jpg

20230409_065418.jpg

Last edited:
Easter Day SOTD

Soap • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Folding AC (Riron?)
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (11)
Post • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti Splash

This folding AC was kindly gifted to me by Alan, @ekeko with a BST purchase. It shaved well, with a Protouch MG blade on it's 11th use.

I searched, and found another tattooed Japanese lady - and what a lovely Easter Bunny she is! . . .I hope you like her @Satanfriendly ?

Happy Easter to you all!

P

Indeed beautiful. And what two lovely Easter eggs to enjoy

View attachment 103673
SOTD: 08/04/2023

Razor: Schick II Ultrex
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: PAA Awesome Sauce EdP

So this classic disposable Schick was kindly gifted to me by @mpf9ret and was the first cartridge shave I’ve had since I started wet shaving in lock down! I have to say it was a pleasant surprise and not nearly as bad as I remember, that may be down to this razor or my technique, soap and lathering all improving. It was smoother than my old Gillette Mach 3 or Fusion that I used to use, sharper than I thought it would be and smoother. However not a close to my SE shaves of late! There was some slight irritation at first as I got used to finding the natural angle of the head but all in all a DFS and great little disposable!
Hi Lee,
Thought that you might be surprised at how well it performed, and glad that you like it. Going from memory I too think it better than the original Gillette’s that I used. I shall be using one today while away from Home testing it’s merits as a Travel Razor.
Mike B
PS Sunday and just found out I had packed my Schick Super 11 Cart Razor, which does take the same Twin Ultrex blade as the disposable.

D7AAFA79-9A0F-453A-A995-104C8E9536DD.jpeg

Last edited:
SOTD 09-Apr
20230324_143938.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: A&E Snake Venom
Razor: Friodur 72-V

Excellent shave, loving the bank holiday and the extra time to give the straights the attention they deserve. Snake venom performing admirably, the scent is really nice but the more I use it the more I'm not sure it's for me. There's something sweet in it (or maybe just my nose) that isn't really my style.

Ah well, hope everyone had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

This past week has been hectic hence not many postings or shaving...
Tue 4
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
20230404_202705.jpg
Wed 5
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
20230407_123817.jpg
Fri 7
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor Thiers Issard 69 Frameback
20230407_124425.jpg

09/04/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Brazillian Wilkinson Sword
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 15 (2).JPG
The Dart has found a new playmate in the Brazilian Wilky, a very smooth comfortable 2 pass shave today.
A fantastic lather from the OSP and Alpha synth, you do need a good bit of slick, cushioning with this razor.
A nice post shave leaving me
with a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Sun 9th April

RR Syn 22mm
Speick cream
Schick Super 11
Schick Ultrex Twin ( 6 )

Trying this Cart out as a Travel Razor while away over the weekend. Very pleased at the ease and quality of the shave, as good as any that I have got in this particular Bathroom, which is not well set up for Shaving.Think I am onto a winner with this 70s Cartridge Razor which has Carts available and no pesky lub strips.

218E62C8-5E96-4728-A538-EA1D88238B88.jpeg

Last edited:
PXL_20230409_103755076~2.jpg
April 9. 2023. SOTD.

Razor - Feather AS-D1
Blade - KAI
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra Derventio
Brush - Wild Hog - Omega
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Sig Soaps - Capra Deva

A smooth and mild shave with the AS-D1 fitted with a Kai blade, the Signature Soap with the Capra base was wonderful and I was left with beautifully smooth skin that felt great afterwards. I love this soap and I love this razor and blade Combo,!

Until the next time,

Paul.

Not much to take off today after my run with the straights. Stayed up till 3.30 listening to one of my mod dj chums on Twitch last night so this was slightly rushed this morning, but still gave eggcellent results. The flare tip is Q2 1969 just like me, which if I am honest is the only reason I bought it! Great little tto though. Happy Easter folks!20230409_125352.jpg

Back
Top Bottom