SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Silver Star ( 1 )
Brush = 26mm Turn N Shave Custom with Boar Stoat
Soap = Hibernia By Signature with matching Spalsh
Balm = Barts Ben Macdui
IMG_9985.jpegForgot to shave last night,
got in from work & sleeping an hour later
so decided on a shave at 5 this morning,
Not really a good idea as the Mosquitoes love the sweet scent of aftershave,
Mind you so do the ladies so it’s a fine balance ;)
A truly first class shave.
The soap is my favourite from Signature or should i say it’s my favourite out of the 4 i have.
The scent of lemon, like, orange, Lemongrass & Lavender for me it everything i look for in a soap,
There’s definitely not many scents out there better than this one in my eyes.
Another soap i’ll never be without.
Enjoy Your weekend everyone & remember
Stay Safe

SOTD 20230408
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: BSB-1 HMW TI
Soap: Acqua di Parma Barbiere
Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faux TI
Blade: Kai Captain sharp Blade
AS: Acqua di Parma Barbiere

SOTD_20230408.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

OK I lied. No, actually I didn't lie. I weakened. Didn't need to shave after yesterday, but unless you work in finance or the army, who needs to shave? And it's Easter Saturday. So I couldn't resist the opportunity to whiz the Koraat round my phisog. Broke out a tube of Ach Brito Lavanda that I think Scorpio gave me, which I keep forgetting, so that got a go. Moka Express because it's orange, ish. Not much to take off but I still benefitted and removed a bit, bringing the nearly BBS back for another day. The cream was great by the way. I tend to gravitate towards soaps but this is a nice cream to shave with. Thanks!
20230408_125729.jpg

Saturday 8th April

No photo today as I have been running around like a 'headless chicken' since early morning. I only shaved because I can't stand the stubble.

Pre: Vitos Preshave
Brush: Omega 10077 Boar
Soap: LPL Traditional (A French entry for Artisan April)
Razor: Focus R28 Slim Al/ Personna Lab Blue

A really good shave .....which in reality....will not leave much for me to remove tomorrow

Saturday AM 2023-04-08
Birthdate in 1941 of clothes designer Vivienne Westwood, creator of the 'ripped jeans' fashion in the 1970s
AhnrIOO.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Horn Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (2)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)

The brush has a bit more scritch than I like, but it certainly builds lather well. The original 71-4 is one of the smoothest razors I have used, especially with the excellent old blade.
d39PRnt.jpg

Saturday 8th Apri

AMWts8Akcjlrz1rSHtxeCdi1tRYJtIvKvH8APUmsIyPbWpJswSB6J9wmRHtVvcmqQ4HfIsHz5wip8jK5aaG6TO2Vba2Cn_f-pJWvMK0AfunJvzlOOg6jCfTibcvJOWhW73bWO6niSXFaKo7bsptyA3xixjNtMg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Lasheba Ghassoul & Coronet (Vintage) Red w/Pure Bristle 20mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Shark Platinum (2)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

Continuing Artisanal April ...

... with a soap I bought a number of years ago when I excitedly found all manner of artisinal shaving soap on Etsy and eBay, to be almost entirely disappointed except for this. The ingredient list is as long as your arm!

Organic Ghassoul, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Raw Coconut Oil, Organic Raw Cocoa Butter, Organic Raw Shea Butter, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Cassia Obovata Powder, Pure Essential Oils of Orange, Sage, Turmeric & Patchouli, Organic Nettle, Fennel, Peppermint Infusion, Aqua, Glycerine, Sodium Palmate, Sucrose, Sodium Cocoate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder & Organic Cocoa Powder

Phew!

Super-efficient shave with the Shark Stainless, back to back with the flagship Lord Platinum used yesterday perhaps not quite as smooth ... but likely all in the mind, or down to age of stock. Super-efficient!

8/4/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Signature Soaps Capra
Brush - ApSc 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum (5)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Bi Es Royal Brand Old Gold

I'd been using a Bic Chrome Platinum for a few days, and kept on picking up weepers with the blade so I switched a well used Astra SP and it was about as efficient but without being as bitey.
First time using the new splash I bought from MakeUp. My experience with buying the lesser known aftershaves from that website is a bit hit and miss, but I think this one is one of the better ones. It's a traditional fougere style scent to begin with but with some jasmine, and it works well to my nose.

IMG_20230408_155951.jpg

Blade lucky dip was less of a lucky dip today, more of a choice...

Fatip slant
Cella bio (trying to finish it off!)
Vintage UK Made Wilkinson Sword
Nivea sensitive

The Fatip and Wilkinson sword was a winner. So far the best vintage blade I have used, maybe not the sharpest but super smooth and gave great results with the usual two pace shave. Probably the only vintage blade I would buy a few hundred of just to keep for occasional use, and being UK made just adds to it for me.

Compares to the more modern WS blade, it performs very well, nothing jumped out as particularly different, nostalga just pips it for me But I will back to back with a modern blade just to compare again.

E68112CD-C2FA-48A7-A563-B2803B285CC7.jpeg
SOTD: 08/04/2023

Razor: Schick II Ultrex
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: PAA Awesome Sauce EdP

So this classic disposable Schick was kindly gifted to me by @mpf9ret and was the first cartridge shave I’ve had since I started wet shaving in lock down! I have to say it was a pleasant surprise and not nearly as bad as I remember, that may be down to this razor or my technique, soap and lathering all improving. It was smoother than my old Gillette Mach 3 or Fusion that I used to use, sharper than I thought it would be and smoother. However not a close to my SE shaves of late! There was some slight irritation at first as I got used to finding the natural angle of the head but all in all a DFS and great little disposable!

Saturday 8th Apri

AMWts8Akcjlrz1rSHtxeCdi1tRYJtIvKvH8APUmsIyPbWpJswSB6J9wmRHtVvcmqQ4HfIsHz5wip8jK5aaG6TO2Vba2Cn_f-pJWvMK0AfunJvzlOOg6jCfTibcvJOWhW73bWO6niSXFaKo7bsptyA3xixjNtMg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Lasheba Ghassoul & Coronet (Vintage) Red w/Pure Bristle 20mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Shark Platinum (2)
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

Continuing Artisanal April ...

... with a soap I bought a number of years ago when I excitedly found all manner of artisinal shaving soap on Etsy and eBay, to be almost entirely disappointed except for this. The ingredient list is as long as your arm!

Organic Ghassoul, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Raw Coconut Oil, Organic Raw Cocoa Butter, Organic Raw Shea Butter, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Cassia Obovata Powder, Pure Essential Oils of Orange, Sage, Turmeric & Patchouli, Organic Nettle, Fennel, Peppermint Infusion, Aqua, Glycerine, Sodium Palmate, Sucrose, Sodium Cocoate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder & Organic Cocoa Powder

Phew!

Super-efficient shave with the Shark Stainless, back to back with the flagship Lord Platinum used yesterday perhaps not quite as smooth ... but likely all in the mind, or down to age of stock. Super-efficient!
That’s quite a concoction of ingredients there and it ought to be super creamy given the oil and butter content but is there a dominant scent if any from the soap?

SOTD: 9th April 2023.

b.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Aqua ASL/ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since last added the fine fresh vetiver soap to my soap rotation and forgot how good of a lather this soap gives in a short space of time.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy the Easter Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Easter Day SOTD

Soap • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Folding AC (Riron?)
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (11)
Post • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti Splash

This folding AC was kindly gifted to me by Alan, @ekeko with a BST purchase. It shaved well, with a Protouch MG blade on it's 11th use.

I searched, and found another tattooed Japanese lady - and what a lovely Easter Bunny she is! . . .I hope you like her @Satanfriendly ?

Happy Easter to you all!

P

Back
Top Bottom