SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

Sunday 9th April

AMWts8C_mz7mS3S3Rw6ou0NaY5RBLZW7dJnZUH6-oNQgYRRcjwaNmHBsj8os90-Vy6Shw6DqI19Vse6k11lALcbMQtznfeEQdl8cwlxBQR2MjxzwM5g_PZqocO2kd4xobFNdHXnhLd-9GiNUTGj0nTS5106I4g=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Bee Clean Peppermint Shaving Soap & PAA Doppler Perihelion Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Shark Super Chrome (1)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

SOTN (Head & Face)

Yaqi Slope (face)
Leaf Razor (head)
Lord Platinum blade
DG Hindsight (soap & splash)
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm (unpictured)

First outing for the Slope after it turned up yesterday, may take a little getting used to but then I find I do with most razors. Big improvement from my experiences with the Parker Semi Slant (a great razor to be sure but I just don't couldn't get on with the weight distribution), it was nice and smooth ploughing down three days growth effortlessly, plenty of efficiency to it though - blade clamping seems pretty great with no hint of chatter or tugging.

I often forget about my DG soaps on account of me just preferring others that I have, and finding those bases etc better. That said though, I love this scent .

Attachments

• PXL_20230409_172811387.jpg
    PXL_20230409_172811387.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 7
I'm not so sure about the scent but Hants Wool Fat is a superb lather!
I've only tried the #3 May Chang and I'm rather fond of it. May get another one and get the #1 as well, although I'm not sure if I'll like it but they're so well priced it makes no sense to buy 1 and pay shipping when you can buy 2 for not much more if you ping her to set up a listing.

I know I keep saying it but I love that brush! This one was the latest Simpson addition to the den:

View attachment 103718
Yep yours is an absolute stunner. My tastes are more to the traditional and there’s none finer than a butterscotch handle

Classy, classic, retro & traditional.

Try saying that when you’ve had as much to drink as me today!

I was never going to beat Barry to be the first to start the thread at 06.10 but I've woken up still smooth from yesterday so I'll be watching from the sidelines most likely, unless I decide to top it up anyways.

I know what you mean. I was only just behind but too much time procrastinating over a theme cost me first entry of the week. Beaten by Barry and his turnips

I've only tried the #3 May Chang and I'm rather fond of it. May get another one and get the #1 as well, although I'm not sure if I'll like it but they're so well priced it makes no sense to buy 1 and pay shipping when you can buy 2 for not much more if you ping her to set up a listing.

No.1 is Cedarwood and Patchouli, but my one is definitely more heavy on the latter, which is fine if you like it. I think some of her soaps have issues with consistency for the scent, as some have suggested they can be a bit heavy on the tallow funk. The lather of her soaps is so good, I don't think the slight drawbacks are much of an issue.

Today's shave was passed as being themed, 'My first entry for Satanfriendly's SOTD for Sunday 9th April 2023 to Sunday 9th April 2023'

20230408_201850.jpg

It's the only way I am ever going to beat that sly fox Mr Barry and his prize turnips.

1st prize - Stainless Mongoose
1st place - Feather Professional
1st love - Hive-2
1st class - Signature Soaps Hibernia
1st lady - me Botanics moisturiser
1st aid - Styptic pencil

'Yo ho ho. A happy Easter'
'Piss off you bearded twat'

A most wonderful shave and it only takes me to say I hope you are all having a great Easter and I love you all. As you can see...

And when not dressed as bunny rabbits my two ladies have an alternative life as my musical duo of the moment. Enjoy

Or don't

SOTD 10-Apr
20230409_131655 (1).jpg
Brush: Highlander – Boti NC
Soap: Noble Otter – Plunder
Razor: Dovo Best 6/8

Cracking shave, lovely smokey Plunder with the Highlander whipping up a great lather. Been a nice few days just on the straights but back to the norm tomorrow. A busy few with some early starts so chances are I won’t get the time until the weekend again. Just one more excuse to wish the week away whilst at work.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom