SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

17F4B33A-1CE0-4644-84F4-FF7CE8B20BCD.jpeg
SOTD: 10/04/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

Yesterdays shave as I ran out of time to post, was with my new brush. Suffice to say I’m a happy bunny with it, it feels amazing in the hand, really well weighted and balanced. The knot is similar to a denser, more full Synbad, soft but with added backbone and thickness of the fibres. It feels like nothing else I have, creating fabulous soft pillows of lather. I’m delighted with the finished brush and have another order ready to go once payday hits!

Tuesday 11th April

AMWts8Cn63EmrlKhjQMFgwDe3r3_7D_W4IiAqDi8Bmk3D9e8f7ovUZk6qZRO495qNQYkstp2PKO6xF3y69YPXWUIg_3ai3txpn1TaOMuQc2--Ryx60Nc6DTKAeuaeTUrVdFb2udSPsgmOmODMdTPKknpzboLdA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 English Rose Shaving Soap & Omega Tricolore 26mm
Gillette Labs Neon Night & Gillette Labs Cartridge (2)
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Continuing Artisan April ...

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .68P
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (India) (2)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap & Splash: Zingari Man Navigator

Well after a wet, muddy, dirty day a hot shower and a very clean scented shave did me the world of good. Even with several days stubble the .68P went straight through it with no clogging, I'm finding it really hard to convince myself to use any other razor these days. 20230410_161931.jpg

From this morning, not a midnight shave. 4th run for the Treet Platinum and still OK. It's nearly midnight and I'm still smooth enough. Tomorrow's shave will probably be a repeat with just a different brush.

I haven't used this Baxter's balm for a while. I bought it when amazon was dumping them for a song and for that money it's great. Would not buy at full price, it's a lovely fresh smelling, and soothing gel but leaves a 'coating' which is slightly weird. Certainly not enough to dislike it but it's not worth full RRP to me. For similar £ you can get the big bottle of Bio oil which is my favourite post shave, before a splash or spritz. Today the scent was a mix of Al Aneeq CPOs, Tobacco Twist (sweet) and Sahara Oud (dry frankincense type smell).

20230411_092746.jpg

Last edited:
So he wanted a free soap and wanted to keep the one with the wonky label..... that's not just OCD it's very greedy too! :)

Paul.
Yes I think I know who this was. He got himself banned for arguing about that, and never did send me the Naniwa 12k I paid him for. I gave up chasing in the end. I'm not bothered now but this just reminded me. If it's the same guy, that is. I'm not 100% sure as I had nothing to do with the label thread, I only read it with incredulity!

Last edited:
B8D7C883-6F56-44C0-BE69-F6AA0D77D9A8.jpeg
SOTD: 11/04/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Lather Bros Flamingo Trance Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Christmas Eve Eau de Toilette

Yes I think I know who this was. He got himself banned for arguing about that, and never did send me the Naniwa 12k I paid him for. I gave up chasing in the end. I'm not bothered now but this just reminded me. If it's the same guy, that is.
Sounds like bad news all round! Sorry you lost out though!

Paul.

Yes I think I know who this was. He got himself banned for arguing about that, and never did send me the Naniwa 12k I paid him for. I gave up chasing in the end. I'm not bothered now but this just reminded me. If it's the same guy, that is. I'm not 100% sure as I had nothing to do with the label thread, I only read it with incredulity!
I've tried to search for the thread and got nowhere, was the Naniwa 12k something he was selling in the BST?

I don't know! So what's the story?

Paul.

This one.

Back
Top Bottom