Slickboys customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t know where to post this but was wondering if anyone else had been met with less than acceptable customer service from this vendor . Have just received an order and although it smells great I have found the packaging to be defective, I contacted Slickboys to ask for this product replacing and was told I would be liable for return postage to have it exchanged. I don’t believe this to be acceptable as it isn’t a change of mind returns it’s on the basis of defective packaging having used lots of other vendors previously if I’ve ever come across a problem I’ve always been met with great customer service and a willingness to correct the problem at no charge to myself. When I raised that I shouldn’t be liable for the return costs on a defective product I have since been completely ignored. Seems a little off anybody else had issues ?

Didn’t know where to post this but was wondering if anyone else had been met with less than acceptable customer service from this vendor . Have just received an order and although it smells great I have found the packaging to be defective, I contacted Slickboys to ask for this product replacing and was told I would be liable for return postage to have it exchanged. I don’t believe this to be acceptable as it isn’t a change of mind returns it’s on the basis of defective packaging having used lots of other vendors previously if I’ve ever come across a problem I’ve always been met with great customer service and a willingness to correct the problem at no charge to myself. When I raised that I shouldn’t be liable for the return costs on a defective product I have since been completely ignored. Seems a little off anybody else had issues ?
I have never used this company but thank you for bringing this to our attention.
It is when thing's go wrong when you find out what a company's customer service is really like.
I for one because of your experience will never buy from this company, we must vote with our feet and go elsewhere if we cannot trust a company to act in a reasonable manner when things go wrong.
It is bang out of order for them to expect you to pay the return postage for damaged goods.
Buyer beware!!!

Paul.

I've never used them either and doubt I will now, I nearly bought a BB but they were sold out at the checkout, a near miss maybe.

I have never used this company but thank you for bringing this to our attention.
It is when thing's go wrong when you find out what a company's customer service is really like.
I for one because of your experience will never buy from this company, we must vote with our feet and go elsewhere if we cannot trust a company to act in a reasonable manner when things go wrong.
It is bang out of order for them to expect you to pay the return postage for damaged goods.
Buyer beware!!!

Paul.
Thanks for you’re reply Paul not a huge issue the label is off centre and hanging over one side but on opening it wants to pull off and crease up and can see it ending up looking a complete mess, I understand not everybody is bothered by things like this but I am, he first replied to say he would compare the images against other stock and then got back to say the others are not like this and if I return it I will be issued with a replacement once it’s back..don’t mind that so much although it is an inconvenience as had it have been checked before sending it would’ve have been an issue but then on top of the inconvenience I have to pay for return postage, it is down to defective packaging and it wasn’t cheap, I don’t mind paying more money for a product but do expect it to be right...oh and then he adds we will pay to return the replacement back to you as if I’m being done some kind of favour. Not heard from him since I replied to say I shouldn’t be liable for return postage

If an item is faulty surely it's up to the provider to make it right. If not try a charge back from your card and never use them again.
I know I would look elsewhere knowing their attatude, and I think a few others would as well.
I was thinking that could be another option to do a charge back but not something I’ve ever done before and not really sure how to go about it, I’m assuming I just ring my bank and report the issue

How did you pay? I always use PayPal for this reason, no matter who you sent the money to it's easy to open a dispute... I opened one against mobile network EE once and won!

Really bad form from the seller here, most sell such items at a reduced price as scratch/dent stock, not send it out and and hope the customer doesn't moan and punish them with return postage costs if they do. Totally misjudged response as this thread will have already cost them far in excess of the £3 return cost lol.

I hope you get it sorted.

It takes years to build a good reputation and minutes to lose it!
They should have thought about that ......too late now!!!

Paul.
When you can reply back and forth very quickly and then I mention liability for return costs the conversation ends and no further response it’s not good, he might have considered that before I became the bottom of the priority pile

When you can reply back and forth very quickly and then I mention liability for return costs the conversation ends and no further response it’s not good, he might have considered that before I became the bottom of the priority pile
I would let them know how much potential custom they have lost because of their couldn't care less attatude.

Kick them in the nuts!

Paul.

How did you pay? I always use PayPal for this reason, no matter who you sent the money to it's easy to open a dispute... I opened one against mobile network EE once and won!

Really bad form from the seller here, most sell such items at a reduced price as scratch/dent stock, not send it out and and hope the customer doesn't moan and punish them with return postage costs if they do. Totally misjudged response as this thread will have already cost them far in excess of the £3 return cost lol.

I hope you get it sorted.
I paid with debit card and that’s what I thought they should really inspect things before sending them out but clearly don’t don’t to lose money reducing items and have sent it out regardless hoping nothing will be said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom