SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

Yeah, I had nothing to do with the label thread, but he had the 12k in the BST at the same time. In between me buying it and him actually sending it he got banned. Just bad timing. Oddly, he did actually reach out through another member to establish email contact with me, but these all contained sob stories. I was very sympathetic as it did sound like he had a lot on his plate, hospital and such, so I wasn't going to get narky. But ultimately he buggered off with my dough. Sounded like he needed it more than me so I just moved on. Ancient history now.
I hope the hospital put his bandage on straight. :p Can you imagine what a crooked scar would do to this guy?

He ain't dead, he still lurks.

Olie29

Joined Aug 24, 2017
Last seen Jan 20, 2023

12/04/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - Pure Bristle
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Valet VB3 Silver
Blade - Feather FHS-10
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 15 (5).JPG
A nice enough shave today with the Valet VB3 fitted with a modern Feather FHS-10. The blade is on its 3rd outing and just got through the 3 pass shave, it did feel as if it dropped off towards the end. It is a pity i cannot fettle a GEM to fit this razor as it is nice to use although a little tame compared to some.
A Great lather from the Gibbs, it really is becoming harder to get the soap out of the tube now, all the same it still produces a lovely slick, glossy lather. I will miss using this when it finally runs out.
I enjoyed the post shave routine finishing off a very enjoyable bit of vintage sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all
Update:-
Typo Toby
it's a VB3,
Cheers

Last edited:
Blue Tip Super Speed w/Stirling Mountain Man soapView attachment 103857

The Blue Tip is the only Super Speed that doesn't have a crimp grove, (except for the Brit Rocket stuff) and the only one to have the chrome spacer between the body and the handle tube, any idea what holds the knob in place to prevent a dropped knob from happening? I suspect it has something to do with that spacer.

The Blue Tip is the only Super Speed that doesn't have a crimp grove, (except for the Brit Rocket stuff) and the only one to have the chrome spacer between the body and the handle tube, any idea what holds the knob in place to prevent a dropped knob from happening? I suspect it has something to do with that spacer.

Hello Toby, how do you get on with TTO's if you don't mind me asking? I've got a Rocket and Rocket HD, I think they are beautiful razors and produce a very smooth shave but I have never really taken to them, I'm not entirely sure why.

Been over a week or more since I last posted. Away working, attending dinner nights, marathon training and days off work with Mrs D and the foster children have all meant that despite actually shaving, I've not posted much.

Only a week on Sunday till my long run I London, so normal-ish service should be resumed soon, not that I was an everyday poster anyway.

I'm liking the Rex 1955 and am trying to find a pairing splash (unless the Rex matching splash is avaliable now). I have been popping in the odd Signature shave too as I am deciding which stuff is going to London with me.
I have used a couple of blades and still prefer the Nacet.
The small Omega wooden handled brush didn't quite hold enough for three full soapy lathers, although is enough for 2 + pick-ups.

Attachments

• 20230408_203953.jpg
    20230408_203953.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230405_204344.jpg
    20230405_204344.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230403_111752.jpg
    20230403_111752.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 5
Hello Toby, how do you get on with TTO's if you don't mind me asking? I've got a Rocket and Rocket HD, I think they are beautiful razors and produce a very smooth shave but I have never really taken to them, I'm not entirely sure why.
No problem, the caps seem tall to me, kinda limits the angle possibilities, but they can be excellent shavers. In general I think less is more, hard to beat a nice, thin, three piece.

12/04/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - Pure Bristle
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Valet VB1 Silver
Blade - Feather FHS-10
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
View attachment 103859
A nice enough shave today with the Valet VB1 fitted with a modern Feather FHS-10. The blade is on its 3rd outing and just got through the 3 pass shave, it did feel as if it dropped off towards the end. It is a pity i cannot fettle a GEM to fit this razor as it is nice to use although a little tame compared to some.
A Great lather from the Gibbs, it really is becoming harder to get the soap out of the tube now, all the same it still produces a lovely slick, glossy lather. I will miss using this when it finally runs out.
I enjoyed the post shave routine finishing off a very enjoyable bit of vintage sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
This is a VB1.

s-l1600.jpg

This is a VC2

1Auto Strop VC2 Eng 3a.jpg

1Auto Strop VC2 Eng 3b.jpg

Wed, continuing Artisan April, basically the same setup as yesterday but while the Simpson dries I've swapped in the SOC. Yes, it's wet, I had already started soaking it when I remembered to take the pic.
The 5th use of this Treet Platinum. Was good, but 5 from a blade is enough. 2 passes gave me the result I needed.

View attachment 103855

I'm glad you seem to be enjoying the razor

It deserved more use than I was giving it...

Back
Top Bottom