SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

20/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers-delight Tuxedo re-knot
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Personna Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - OSP Neroli
Wk 16 (6).JPG
A very happy shaver today, the re-knotted Cheapo Erasmic handle felt great on the face, it also whipped up and held a massive amount of lather. This Blade/Razor combo is also really working for my, i completed 3 really comfortable passes leaving me wonderfully BBS.
Finishing with a face rub of the matching splash and a couple of squirts of the Copycat "Just Neroli"
By 'eck! That was nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20 April

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
PAA Green Ray
Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

A0C433A9-F035-42F2-A1C0-AF12CB32DD1E.jpeg
A gorgeously scented shave this morning. The Pannacrema soap is just the best. Two easy passes and then a splash of Hibernia. I am using and enjoying splashes much more than balms at the moment.

Whilst I have always thought that about blades and razors, logically for any decent blade, surely “sharp is sharp“ independent of which razor is used? On the other hand we know every razor will have its own specific ideal angle of attack and an ideal application pressure to achieve best results.
I guess the conclusion is, sod the logic, use whichever blade works best for your razor :cool:
So true!
There's talk about blade's grinding angles (we're talking at micro level here) which gets favoured more or less by different razors.

SOTD
GD Pre shave
Wardonia bakelite razor with a modified Gillette Perma-Sharp blade.
Simpson Chubby 3 Synthetic.
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire soap and balm.

Well, that was just a perfect shave. The Wardonia razor circa 1940/50s made of bakelite required a modification to the blade in order for it to fit, as they were made using a proprietary blade called a 'barrel-hole' blade and they are no longer available.
In order to give this razor and my skin a fighting chance, I opted for a Phoenix and Beau soap. The soap performed as expected and provided me with a luxurious lather and slickness, leaving my skin smelling and feeling wonderful. I'm totally smooth and irritation free, great!
Happy Shaving

Attachments

• 20230420_103639.jpg
    20230420_103639.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230420_102651.jpg
    20230420_102651.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230420_102608.jpg
    20230420_102608.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230420_112709.jpg
    20230420_112709.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 5
Full waffle in the SR section but suffice it to say, I've had one of the best shaves yet off my 40s Fritz Bracht Tennis and the best bit is it's my own edge. An absolutely amazing piece of generosity from MarkP who gave me a whole 4-stone Naniwa progression 1-12k. Talk about making up for the 12k I never got from the other guy... speechless tbh. Anyway beginner's luck I'm sure but I'm super smooth and really chuffed to bits, very welcome turn up for the books of late.
And my favourite shave set.
20230420_130336.jpg

Thu 20 Blade Challenge #4
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade #1 Polsilver Vintage Stainless #4
Blade #2 Gillette Nacet Stainless #3
Soap, splash, and brush are wonderful!
Continuing with the blade challenge this nice & mild razor with a shim blade performs really well with both blades. The Polsilver is still as good but the Nacet feels a tad smoother and crispier. 3passes for a bbs finish...
20230420_204350.jpg

hgO3Jf7.jpg

Shave #2 on the Bic Astor and it was superb!!
Epsilon Scottish Spirits AS
'Ol Reliable Gillette England BE Tech

Being chronologically inept, last night's SOTD was, last night's SOTD. Today I present you with Tuesday's shave themed, 'Useless timing'

20230418_184806.jpg

Useless razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Useless blade - Feather Super Professional
Useless brush - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Useless soap - Officina Artigiana
Useless moisturiser- Collegen
Useless scent - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

'Ooooo, and I was just saying Cynthia what a complete useless twa......just a moment please, other phone ringing'

'You. Piss off you complete useless twat'

Late or not ,what I do recall is a stupendously awesome shave. The little Yaqi does get a uselessly bad press from some but for me a wonderful piece of cheap kit. Some folk just don't know a good thing. My wife for one. Then again may be I am some agreement with her. I am useless

A very fitting song from Band Maid to sign out on.....

Being chronologically inept, last night's SOTD was, last night's SOTD. Today I present you with Tuesday's shave themed, 'Useless timing'

View attachment 104329

Useless razor - Yaqi Excalibur
Useless blade - Feather Super Professional
Useless brush - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Useless soap - Officina Artigiana
Useless moisturiser- Collegen
Useless scent - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

'Ooooo, and I was just saying Cynthia what a complete useless twa......just a moment please, other phone ringing'

'You. Piss off you complete useless twat'

Late or not ,what I do recall is a stupendously awesome shave. The little Yaqi does get a uselessly bad press from some but for me a wonderful piece of cheap kit. Some folk just don't know a good thing. My wife for one. Then again may be I am some agreement with her. I am useless

A very fitting song from Band Maid to sign out on.....

I still have some regret selling that brush.

PXL_20230420_101836671~2.jpg
Razor - Asylum Shave Works - Rx V2
Blade - Schick Proline 50mm
Soap - Folk Soap - Traditional Shaving Soap
Brush - Alpha Bulldog - Silvertip fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A smashing shave, the soap was easy to lather and performed faultlessly, the razor and blade Combo worked perfectly, giving me a close and very smooth shave, finishing off with a few sprays of Kouros, can it get better.....I don't think so! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom