SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

View attachment 104362
Razor - Asylum Shave Works - Rx V2
Blade - Schick Proline 50mm
Soap - Folk Soap - Traditional Shaving Soap
Brush - Alpha Bulldog - Silvertip fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A smashing shave, the soap was easy to lather and performed faultlessly, the razor and blade Combo worked perfectly, giving me a close and very smooth shave, finishing off with a few sprays of Kouros, can it get better.....I don't think so! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.
I'm pleased the soap lived up to my glowing review Paul !

Last edited:
Thursday AM 2023-04-20
National Lima Bean Day
gbPUxHm.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (2)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)

A wonderful shave with the great old English Fern products, long-time favorites.
DXOeceC.jpg

I still have some regret selling that brush.

I have no regrets whatsoever of taking it off your hands.

Superb in every sense. Made for excavator size hands and a killer knot made for heads the size of a medicine ball (and looking like one as well). Me

If you ever made another in Liverpool red and white I'd take it. Big hint

Thursday 20th April

AJFCJaXHvnPZNShBzfatyb397Z_vb311qAM6xLMfg6QCXgRGvNTpDarCTKWVLi9gNrQa8tkqq6XXZ7swuKHxzjjIeswz-NM6eKZIwKyufMpVL8Skgo-WbhA45BljzS5n25asECBFc5LmfSzzaNNJNC_JnWsHqg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Gothic Revivial Shaving Soap & Omega 98 Professional w/27mm Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Jet & Lord Captain (Carbon) (4)
Wickham Gothic Revival Aftershave

Continuing Artisan April with another Wickham flavour ...

... and I think I've used all the Wickhams that I have, so will run through a select few favourites during next week.

Last edited:
View attachment 104362
Razor - Asylum Shave Works - Rx V2
Blade - Schick Proline 50mm
Soap - Folk Soap - Traditional Shaving Soap
Brush - Alpha Bulldog - Silvertip fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A smashing shave, the soap was easy to lather and performed faultlessly, the razor and blade Combo worked perfectly, giving me a close and very smooth shave, finishing off with a few sprays of Kouros, can it get better.....I don't think so! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.
That's a setup with some heft no doubt.

Today was the day I was swapping back to finish the lucky dip DE blade... So in true style I went for the 1912 again...

1912 Peerless

GEM Persona (3)

FS Synthetic Brush

MSC Frosted Lavender/Tobac/Hampshire mash up of all the odds of soap from the week

Alum Block

Nivea Balm Caffiene

Glad I did pick up the SE, best I have managed to far, and to be honest with the mix up of soaps and limited time I was surprised to say the least. One pass then used the Schick to touch up around the nose and that was all it needed, these blades definitely hit their sweet spot a bit later on than DE blades I have tried so far. Nivea caffiene is fast becoming my go to balm in the Nivea range.

Nice run round tonight, made a not so great day a perfectly acceptable one.

Stay well allPXL_20230420_182012507~2.jpg

I’ve decided not to shave today as yesterday’s rasp was so close and comfortable that my stubble is cowering in fear in their little follicular homes. However, here’s my birthday SotD from exactly ten years ago today:

View attachment 104281

That’s the same tatty old brush I still use today but I haven’t a clue what the soap is. The razor is a Gillette #77 which I recently moved on as it is a touch too much for my gentle features. Oh I do love that particular flavour of TOBS.

Have a grand day folks - I’ve scoffed a box of chocs already! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

PS. Matron got me a pair of shorts for my birthday - she struggled to find a supplier that would issue a size with sufficient X’s before the L but eventually found success with a hessian sack maker.
Happy birthday!

Back
Top Bottom