SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

Today I received a very peculiar text from the monkey with a blade saying he'd posted a particular half of a donkey to me. Now I am guessing here, but I presume the Post Office has some form of ethics statement in not allowing dead animals (or live ones for that matter) to be sent using their services. But the rear end of one which has been cut in half!?

Hence this shave has been awarded the theme by the PO services (awarding things division), 'The back end of an equidae'

20230419_184735.jpg

Ass of an ass - Lambda Athena
Burras blade - Polsilver Lodz
Back end brush - Zenith dark synthetic
Shit hole soap - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Posterior post shave - L'Occitane Cade balm
Smelly end smell at the end - Van Cleef Ambre Imperial

'And they want me to smile for doing this? Oh, the life of being a bloody donkey'

An absolutely startling shave from the astounding Athena. Best buy of the year? Razor of the year? December will tell but until then I shall enjoy it's wonderful virtues and fantastic finishing ability. Which is exactly what I did this evening.

Team lather giving a sterling show and the Van Cleef ending this evening's frolicking by the sink time with an air far remote from the back end of a donkey.

Happy? Too damn right. So much so you can have some Beaver to make you smile. As Beaver always does....

Last edited:

SOTD: 20th April 2023.

thurs.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s. (Settings) wtg/xtg 2.5, atg +pick ups 4.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / P&G Old spice Whitewater ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A wonderful shave from the efficient Ming Shi 2000S to finish my shaving week off on a high note...

The Silver Star Super Stainless has yet again been a wonderful match with each razor throughout the week especially with the Ming Shi 2000S today still feeling smooth & efficient.

The Ach Brito Mogno soap is a wonderful performer it gets top marks for it's performance scent protection, slickness & post shave.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
AOTD 20-Apr
20230419_172409.jpg
Brush : Highlander M7 Style
Soap: A&E Club N' Roses
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Decent one this morning, nice smooth irritation free finish. Excellent lather whipped up by the Highlander and a different but lovely scent from the Club.

Big bonus, the sun is shining again, I'm sure it'll be chucking it down by the weekend but I'll take a positive where I can!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Thursday 20th April
General Aluminium - Feather Pro #6 - Arran Lochranza - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230419-093731-01.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – yellow (3)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Soap: Yagi - The Green

I find it surprising how different the same blade feels in another razor. I had a long stint of using the Rockwell 6S last year and the yellow gillettes were my go to blades for that. Felt very smooth and sharp. Yet in the Muhle they're nothing like that. I would even go and say they feel tuggy. Odd!
So even if you think you found your blade you'll soon realise you found it just for that razor :cautious:

SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
Thur 20th April

Omega 11126 boar
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
Supply V1 + V2 3dot plate
NOS Schick Platinum- Sweden ( 1 ‘
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

First time in a while that I have used the Supply, a Razor that I want to love but cannot.Though I have it fitted with a V2 plate it just gives the impression that it is shaving really well but the finish is very poor around the neck. Think it should go as my Vintage Injectors are so much better.

211E720C-3CFA-4A4E-8FCF-389563C0B612.jpeg

I find it surprising how different the same blade feels in another razor. I had a long stint of using the Rockwell 6S last year and the yellow gillettes were my go to blades for that. Felt very smooth and sharp. Yet in the Muhle they're nothing like that. I would even go and say they feel tuggy. Odd!
So even if you think you found your blade you'll soon realise you found it just for that razor :cautious:

View attachment 104334
@ATG @Electrif - Outstanding images both gentlemen. :) - cheers - I.

View attachment 104334

Whilst I have always thought that about blades and razors, logically for any decent blade, surely “sharp is sharp“ independent of which razor is used? On the other hand we know every razor will have its own specific ideal angle of attack and an ideal application pressure to achieve best results.
I guess the conclusion is, sod the logic, use whichever blade works best for your razor :cool:

Back
Top Bottom