SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

Razor = Feather Poplar
Blade = Treet 7 Days ( 2 )
Brush = C&H Adventure Series V15
Soap = Hibernia From Signature with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free.

View attachment 104286Another brilliant shave although again this one was last time,
14-15 hour shifts take their toll in an old bugger like me.
Plus iv decided to stay here another month or 3 week’s minimum so that’s a downer but on the plus site my job has been put back to june for Indonesia so i should get 3-4 weeks off before heading there,
if i can ever escape here.
Anyway back to the shave
totally first class,
i can’t believe i had this razor for months but never used it,
Why ?
what is it with plastic razors we don’t like.
Even the slim twist, Knack all great shavers yet not to many of us use them.
i was starting to pack away my gear but i guess i better take it back out :cry:
Never Mind i blame brexit lol
Adios Amigos

Ah man, that sucks.

To make things better Uncle Donnie gives you permission to find a Brazilian barber and buy a shitload of blades.

19/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 16 (5).JPG
A very nice shave today, 3 passes starting on #4 then moving to 3&3 for a super comfortable BBS finish.
I was struggling to get the last of the soap out of this ancient tube, i decided to just go for it and empty the tube.
Wk 16 (5a).JPG
I have split it into 5 and wrapped it in greaseproof paper, the writing is now on the wall for this tube of vintage cream.
Using an almond size piece it worked well enough today.
Wk 16 (5b) (2).JPG
Not bad for a cream older than me.
Wk 16 (5c).JPG
Started off in the bowl and worked on the chin giving enough for 3 wonderful passes today.

Happy Birthday Graeme @Gairdner and Arthur @Electrif , enjoy your day fellas whatever you have planned.
Everyone else - Stay safe and enjoy your day also.

I’ve decided not to shave today as yesterday’s rasp was so close and comfortable that my stubble is cowering in fear in their little follicular homes. However, here’s my birthday SotD from exactly ten years ago today:

View attachment 104281

That’s the same tatty old brush I still use today but I haven’t a clue what the soap is. The razor is a Gillette #77 which I recently moved on as it is a touch too much for my gentle features. Oh I do love that particular flavour of TOBS.

Have a grand day folks - I’ve scoffed a box of chocs already! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

PS. Matron got me a pair of shorts for my birthday - she struggled to find a supplier that would issue a size with sufficient X’s before the L but eventually found success with a hessian sack maker.

iu

Wed 19 Blade Challenge #3
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Lemon Lime Cedarwood
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade #1 Polsilver Vintage Stainless 3rd
Blade #2 Gillette Vintage Stainless 2nd
The soap, excellent brush, and splash combination were very good...& cold!
The razor at max 9 setting and with the Polsilver on the right and Gillette on the left provided a marvelously crisp, smooth, and efficient shave. 3passes for a bbs finish. The Polsilver feels a tad smoother but the Gillette is a tad more efficient....barely perceptible...
20230419_092437.jpg

I’ve decided not to shave today as yesterday’s rasp was so close and comfortable that my stubble is cowering in fear in their little follicular homes. However, here’s my birthday SotD from exactly ten years ago today:

View attachment 104281

That’s the same tatty old brush I still use today but I haven’t a clue what the soap is. The razor is a Gillette #77 which I recently moved on as it is a touch too much for my gentle features. Oh I do love that particular flavour of TOBS.

Have a grand day folks - I’ve scoffed a box of chocs already! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

PS. Matron got me a pair of shorts for my birthday - she struggled to find a supplier that would issue a size with sufficient X’s before the L but eventually found success with a hessian sack maker.
Happy birthday, have a great day/night

View attachment 104281

Happy birthday :)

Wednesday 109 April (see, typing left handed :ROFLMAO: )
Here’s the reason why, as explained yesterday

8CF5D861-CB5B-4BD5-ADDE-9820B5B4AAB6.jpeg

Brush is re-knotted bristle into silver travel brush dating to 1833, according to hallmarks. Which at 190 years makes it only very slightly older than me :rolleyes:
The knot is a 16mm fine bristle which I got from a US supplier, The Golden Nib. Thanks to @TobyC
Soap is a sample puck and I love it’s scent, nice and easy to apply. Might have to sell my left hand to afford a full pot though :)
Blade is an Astra Superior Platinum, second use.
BBS finish after two passes and minor pick ups, no irritation or weepers.
Morning joy!!
Have a great evening fellas!

Back
Top Bottom