SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

SOTD: 15th April 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Bio Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Lather: MWF.
Razor: Muhle R89 (Face) - Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D4)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend... I have returned to the Silver Star Super Stainless which have became my favourite from the Lord/Sotraco factory. Out of curiosity I'll be using the same blade with each of my shaves to test it's longevity & smoothness.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully...The Cella Bio Aloe Vera shaving cream provided me with a protective lather in no time it doesn't have the same slickness as the original tallow version , but it's still a very good shaving cream. I will be placing an order for a bottle of the matching Cella Aloe Vera ASL as a early birthday present to myself.

Another enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
15/04/23
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #2
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 16 (1).JPG
Back to the Pears pre-shave wash this week to finish the bar.
A very nice bit of quiet sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Today's shave:

rdt230415qme50.jpg

- Mickey Lee Soapworks Cape Verde
- Edwin Jagger Super Badger L
- Merkur 30c with ASP blade
- Majestät aftershave

:D

Sat 15th April

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
L’Occitane Cade soap
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

As going out I wanted a quick no fuss Shave today, so breaking my already disrupted rota chose The “ Evo”. Very pleased with the result, finding the Timeless handle to really work with the Evo head.

6CAC4500-07AB-46FF-B3D8-F80C04781B0F.jpeg

Saturday 15 April

Blutt Br1, 086
Razo Rock xXx
Semogue badger
Personna Platinum chrome

Second shave with the Blutt/Personna and another easy 2 pass plus tidy-up for a very relaxed, comfortable and smooth shave.
Yes it’s a mild razor but it leaves my epidermis where I prefer it, viz and to wit, on my face. Unlike some of the very bad boys I have :eek:Whether this set up would be good to tackle a three day growth I’m not sure. I hate leaving a shave for a day let alone three so I will probably never find out.
Enjoy a great weekend fellas!

3FFF76E8-AECE-46EF-B113-1B26494A892F.jpeg

SOTD 15-Apr
20230414_145840 (1).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: A&E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: Friodur 472

Nice shave this morning, the next part of my Tobacco kick with Vanille de Tabac. Very nice, seems like it might have a bit more vanilla than Haverford. It's a weird way to describe it so take it for what it is, but the Haverford (though strong) seems like something I would wear to work in terms of scent, if I went further than the spare room to work that is, but the vanille would be something I'd use when going out, weird like I say but there you have it.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

First Saturday shave in a while I think!

Merkur HD
Rapira super stainless blade
Chubby Synthetic 2
TOBS Shaving Shop cream
TOBS Mr Taylor's AS
TOBS Herbal AS cream

To add a touch of class the items below are seated at the top of the toilet pan as there's no space in the bathroom - it's filled with my wife's stuff/'storage systems'

Have a great Saturday guys!

20230415_124551.jpg

SOTD
Pre Proraso Green
Yaqi Sentinel 1.5mm with Chippendale handle and King C Gillette blade.
Omega Boar brush
Proraso Green soap, splash, and balm.

Nice shave to start my weekend off. This razor head is mild but efficient, smooth, and comfortable. The Proraso performance is always on point, and I needed the menthol to wake my senses.
Happy Shaving

Attachments

• 20230415_115053.jpg
    20230415_115053.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 5
Sat 15
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip Badger
Razor Lakeside Cutlery, Chicago, ILL
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Fantastic combination of soap, brush, and splash...
2nd use of this excellent razor. Stropped on the roo leather, the edge was soft, smooth, crisp, and very comfortable in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...just awesome!
20230415_220433.jpg

Sat 15
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip Badger
Razor Lakeside Cutlery, Chicago, ILL
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Fantastic combination of soap, brush, and splash...
2nd use of this excellent razor. Stropped on the roo leather, the edge was soft, smooth, crisp, and very comfortable in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...just awesome!
View attachment 104069
Good to see you still using the OSP Bay Rum soap
. :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom