SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Voskhod ( 2 )
Brush = C&H Copper & Ivory 26mm. Boar
Soap = The Rambler by Zingari Man with matching splash & balm
IMG_0207.jpegAnother early morning shave today,
Thats me been in Brazil 2 weeks & iv used everything i brought so it’s back to the start with the soap.
The Scent of this soap is one of my favourites,
It’s not until i used it again i realised how much i missed it,
And this knot is first class
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

Saturday AM 2023-04-15
National Husband Appreciation Day
uVEhgHK.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
Wilkinson Sticky
Wilkinson London Bridge (9)
Fabergé Brut aftershave (vintage)

The old gear worked very well together, giving me an excellent shave. The scents of the cream and the aftershave, with shared notes of bergamot, lavender, oakmoss, vetiver, and patchouli, blended nicely.
oXAh9IZ.jpg

Saturday 15th April

AJFCJaUnsdj9KaFazQgqBxfbRQKEqby_zypJwYCwWQHlXsTSs23u4bL1k-r7jBaqkowz8V1xfQ0rlgZ_nM1YpmyI_AF7yDyrZHJVODw8qjPv8iqL6gJzCzx5XlG4TLtyy2oNBezuX_Fl0a_6IwKhTpDapPgyig=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Coronet (Black) w/Pure Bristle 22mm
Lord L122 & Lord Extra (3)
Coty Musk Aftershave

Continiung Artisan April with the very excellent Hampshire Wool Fat in Cedar & Patchouli scent which I have put into a vintage Bristow's Lanolin shaving pot ...

First go with the Lord L122 for me - it gives all the appearance of the Sterling and you'd be forgiven in thinking that Lord had just commissioned that as their razor, but it is actually quite different. First, blade gap is 0.045" rather than 0.025" as is the Sterling. Second, blade presentation is ever so slightly less than the Sterling, making the razor altogether less like the Tech and more like the Personna type. Some would say mild, I would say perfectly engineered. That, and it has a long and stable centre post in M5 which makes popping a model handle on dead easy.

Lovely shave with the Lord Extra on the third run - super smooth, especially in the ... erm, mild razor.

Splash of vintage Coty Musk for afters ... absolutely the splash that Jovan Musk really should be. Proper, that!

Saturday 15th April

Soap • Folk Soap
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Feather ACS-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (1)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Aftershave

I couldn't be happier with this Artisan soap from Wales. It was very kindly gifted to me by Brian, @culcreuch along with a trade.
It seemed to explode into a lather the moment the damp brush touched it. Face lathering created the most stable lather I have seen in a long time.
Sandalwood is the prominent scent, which is very pleasing.
If you haven't tried this soap, I can highly recommend it.

Enjoy the weekend everyone

Saturday 15th April

Soap • Folk Soap
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Feather ACS-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (1)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Aftershave

I couldn't be happier with this Artisan soap from Wales. It was very kindly gifted to me by Brian, @culcreuch along with a trade.
It seemed to explode into a lather the moment the damp brush touched it. Face lathering created the most stable lather I have seen in a long time.
Sandalwood is the prominent scent, which is very pleasing.
If you haven't tried this soap, I can highly recommend it.

Enjoy the weekend everyone
On your recommendation I have just ordered the Folk Soap, thank you for the enabling! :)

Paul.

SOTD: 16th April 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia.
Face Lather.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) wtg/xtg 5, atg + pick-ups 6.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Dana English Leather ASL. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i last used the Weishi 2.0 Adjustable...I find the higher setting are more suited to my skin type. I have an array of in-expensive Chinese clone razors which all provide me with socially acceptable shaves.

The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/ Silver Star was another smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adjustable performance on the higher settings gives a superb efficient comfortable shave.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom