SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

20230416_152616.jpg

20230416_152711.jpg

3rd shave with this blade now and I'm beginning to get an idea of what it's all about now. It's doing the trick in as much as it's shaving very closely with no irritation. But, it isn't as smooth as other blades I've used while I'm shaving. It doesn't make the shave as "nice".

I reckon I'll use what I have of these, but probably won't buy any more.

20230416_155424.jpg

16 April, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Lother: Black
Fragrance: Tabac Vert by Rogue Perfumery

a sublime shave, and although Loumari Saja would have been a lovely match to the scent, I'm just loving Tabac Vert. So, I'm totally content on this Sunday afternoon.

20230416_131604.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Hot water
Brush Yaqi Lucky Dice.
Soap Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor Original Wilkinson Sword company straight razor
Aftershave Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato

I have been going through all my razors that have not been used for a long time and it's been quite an adventure.
I have far too many razors but I can't part with any as each one has it's own unique way of shaving and I just love them all, like children.
Today I used my Wilkinson sword straight and it gave a lovely shave except for the chin and lip part but I have that issue with all my straights.
I like shaving with straights now and then because it's a very relaxing slow shave and I can just enjoy the time to myself for a little while without thinking about or worrying about anything other than the gentle stroke on my face.
All in all I now look, feel and smell amazing and now off to chase the wife around the garden in the sunshine.
Have an amazing day all.

View attachment 104142

View attachment 104143

3rd shave with this blade now and I'm beginning to get an idea of what it's all about now. It's doing the trick in as much as it's shaving very closely with no irritation. But, it isn't as smooth as other blades I've used while I'm shaving. It doesn't make the shave as "nice".

I reckon I'll use what I have of these, but probably won't buy any more.

View attachment 104144
But it's a Bruce Lee blade and doesn't that alone make you want to dance around the house doing roundhouse kicks and 1 inch punches?
Just looking at the box makes me want to put Enter the dragon on and watch it for the 1 billionth time.

Y9iXaT3.jpg

Sunday 16th April

AJFCJaXj181z1dHwrUGDA8AV1ztQMfyxh_tPWJ2Cy0nz1XpoVoZsy_tFdJlcOUFkY6RSb0_3i0rKNs1wGdZXAwJT-yuq-5_bgvB_82UPIYU3PHkYTtJbZVmbyvswP_KPUqKNJPyWJ2038P_qZZxfZOvbUOwuRQ=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Bee Clean Peppermint Shaving Soap & PAA Doppler Perihelion Synthetic 26mm
Lord L122 & Blue Sword Platinum (2)
Jade Musk (Vintage) Aftershave

Continuing Artisan April ...

Back on the weekend run with the really very excellent Bee Clean soap. It was a bit of a risk, but it really is very good. Post-shave feel is silky soft, which I guess is the high content of milk in the soap ... I get similar from Savonniere du Moulin. Quite a unique feel.

C4CF28E1-4123-45C2-A731-64A2BE701E8E.jpeg
SOTD: 16/04/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

A perfect leisurely Sunday shave.

HSOTD
Leaf razor with Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp blade.
Alpha Retro Amber G4 brush
SSS Frankincense, Lavender, and Bergamot Soap.
'My Beard' Conditioner and balm.

Super Sunday head shave! This soap punches well above its weight, with a superb scent and slickness. The Gillette blades are probably the smoothest I've used in the Leaf in positions 1&2. And the Alpha brush is just a pleasure to use and look at.
Happy Shaving

Attachments

• 20230416_183146.jpg
    20230416_183146.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom