SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

I’ve decided not to shave today as yesterday’s rasp was so close and comfortable that my stubble is cowering in fear in their little follicular homes. However, here’s my birthday SotD from exactly ten years ago today:

View attachment 104281

That’s the same tatty old brush I still use today but I haven’t a clue what the soap is. The razor is a Gillette #77 which I recently moved on as it is a touch too much for my gentle features. Oh I do love that particular flavour of TOBS.

Have a grand day folks - I’ve scoffed a box of chocs already! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

PS. Matron got me a pair of shorts for my birthday - she struggled to find a supplier that would issue a size with sufficient X’s before the L but eventually found success with a hessian sack maker.
Happy Birthday

19/4/23

Pre - Palmolive
Brush - ApSc SynBad 22mm
Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat No.1
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Brazil Wilkinson Sword (5)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Makler Celebration

I found the Gillette Rocket a little more efficient the first few times I used it, but I found it a lot smoother and comfortable for today's shave, I think I found the 'best' angle and it was a delightful shave.
@Mike Smart 's Brazilian Wilkinson Sword is a great blade. Still as smooth on the 5th shave as it was for the first, even if it has lost a touch of sharpness.
I finished the shave with a new aftershave. It doesn't have the highest alcohol content, so not much post shave burn, feels nice on the skin. It's a nice old fashioned scent, quite mild with floral undertones.
Also, first time I have shaved in consecutive days so I just went for the one pass with a bit of clean up. I don't think my face can handle much if I'm shaving every day.

IMG_20230419_172851.jpg

Many happy returns Graeme from a fellow birthday recipient.
A
Happy Birthday Bday GIF by MOODMAN
Hope you have/had a wonderful Birthday.;)

Do you think the Japanese ladies would play the Liverpool Empire? don’t understand why the Japanese birth rate is in steep decline

Not quite the Empire but I am going to see Otoboke Beaver in Manchester next month. God knows what Mrs Satanfriendly is going to think of them.....

Or me afterwards

Wednesday 109 April (see, typing left handed :ROFLMAO: )
Here’s the reason why, as explained yesterday

View attachment 104300

Brush is re-knotted bristle into silver travel brush dating to 1833, according to hallmarks. Which at 190 years makes it only very slightly older than me :rolleyes:
The knot is a 16mm fine bristle which I got from a US supplier, The Golden Nib. Thanks to @TobyC
Soap is a sample puck and I love it’s scent, nice and easy to apply. Might have to sell my left hand to afford a full pot though :)
Blade is an Astra Superior Platinum, second use.
BBS finish after two passes and minor pick ups, no irritation or weepers.
Morning joy!!
Have a great evening fellas!
@ekeko Didn’t know I’d put up my prices you’d lose two arms and a leg to pay for a Mdc soap!!!

I’ve decided not to shave today as yesterday’s rasp was so close and comfortable that my stubble is cowering in fear in their little follicular homes. However, here’s my birthday SotD from exactly ten years ago today:

View attachment 104281

That’s the same tatty old brush I still use today but I haven’t a clue what the soap is. The razor is a Gillette #77 which I recently moved on as it is a touch too much for my gentle features. Oh I do love that particular flavour of TOBS.

Have a grand day folks - I’ve scoffed a box of chocs already! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

PS. Matron got me a pair of shorts for my birthday - she struggled to find a supplier that would issue a size with sufficient X’s before the L but eventually found success with a hessian sack maker.
Happy birthday @Gairdner and @Electrif , hope you've both had a grand one!

Wednesday AM 2023-04-19
On this date in 1919, Leslie Irvin made the first free fall parachute descent using a rip cord, Dayton, OH
rU4SXJ9.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Tabac Shaving Soap (tallow)
Schick Krona
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
Issey Miyake l'Eau d'Issey pour Homme aftershave

It required a lot of work, but the Krona gave me a near-BBS shave with the great old blade.
Gx5OcwN.jpg

Wednesday 19th April

AJFCJaXKaWbvH6OKu-xQChH7_rkGJaipLj2Kg099wmvzx81f23_kl-UO9CEwLy_L8fbff8yEovsyP4opAXq_72qP1vc567GFOXJ4eKHqEbZCJ50pBVKQYFVxDbxZcHHgB3IjIIPikfZO8oIme4t-0dmHym_aOQ=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Christmas Spruce Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Brustle
Muhle Rocca Gold & Lord Captain (Carbon) (3)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Continuing Artisan April with another Wickham flavour ... not just for Christmas Spruce.

... and a first run with my new Omega piggy. Lovely! I have the 10005 which is about the same knot and loft but different handle. Maybe this one is a tad scritchier? At 24mm it's not a small knot but nowadays, that is on the smaller size. I like it!

Back
Top Bottom