SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

I'd be knackered after the additional activities required when working Brazil

Sorry.... was
Unfortunately there’s been no additional activities due to the hours i’m working at the moment plus i was working Sunday so feeling a bit left out
I’m off this sunday so everyone better lock up their wife’s the Mikeyfelley is swinging low

Friday 21 April

I can see why Blackland razors get such rave reviews. Just received my (second hand) Blackbird from US and gave it a whizz this morning.
Emperor soap from Razo Rock (decanted into old Boots Bakelite shaving bowl) lathered quickly and easily from my hand-made spalted beach synthetic brush. Set a Personna platinum chrome in the head and let the razor do the work. A lot of pleasing feedback from the cutting action and I could have stopped after a really smooth first pass wtg. However, couldn’t resist a re lather and went atg plus a few pick ups for a BBS finish. I was so enjoying the shave that I blithely carried on without actually removing any more growth. Just polishing my face I guess. No irritation or weepers though.
This is one excellent razor, 10/10
Have a great POETS day fellas!

7CEEA496-8F33-4F28-8ED1-B0CF48298E1E.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday AM 2023-04-21
Baptismal date in 1759 of William Farish, who invented school grading, Cambridge, England
dH4j8ri.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Horn Finest (22/48)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm Diamondback
Personna 74 Tungsten (3)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave
o7fG2OV.jpg

Friday 21st April

AJFCJaUM4HvIM7AXuWEW272U2AnYeYuaKZDF_eFuoSaQMTsWDDWjj4nGZGXsk5oAUYdauyp5hMYYSjY_lfukKDlFxDaspAU76sw3vT5gPZvjabgSNqBk9eWVrU1aPro2aym4GmSn4SVQHTNL1aIuSH31mJi3Fw=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & DSC Professional w/Syndbad Synthetic Fan 26mm
Razorock Teck w/Red Horseman Ball-Ended Handle & Lord Captain (Carbon) (5)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Continuing Artisan April ...

Another shave with the carbon steel Lord Captain and by 'eck that's a razor that lets the horse out of the stable! It's been a while. I recall the Razorock Teck being sold under Chinese brands before it became avaible through Razorock. Bai Li, possibly? Anyway, bravo to the designers as it's a well engineered design and really lets the blade sing. I paired it with a hand-made handle from old forum member Red Horseman.

Last edited:
7DEE8DE4-1C66-467F-B674-731CF8B6066A.jpeg
SOTD: 21/04/2023

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Chrome
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage, 4th use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi/MSC Issey Miyaki Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Eau de Toilette

6D94E630-0AAB-4941-B8FE-46222F1D5785.jpeg
SOTD: 21/04/2023

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Chrome
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage, 4th use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi/MSC Issey Miyaki Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Eau de Toilette

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am shavingly happy to present you with today's shave complete with the theme, 'Things trembling between the knees and knee tremblers'

20230421_184152.jpg

Grande Cojones - Ikon B1
Slappers - Gillette 7-O'Clock
John Holmes - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Big pink - MDC Rose
Mr Bojangles - Collegen

'Mr Smart! That is revolting!'

'Brazilian?'

Just the tonic to end a great past week and just the dogs danglies to bring a smile to my face. And no I don't go around looking for the best pair of canine nads, or cannads. Not to be mistaken for Clannad, a folk band who sang great songs such as 'Bawbag on Eirne'

11d974974de70b8a6f07f7169db731ce.jpg

No, in fact an absolutely cracking shave which to be honest is an expectation of the B1 and to be even more honest, it is the only thing it does. As much as I love the Goose, if life said 'One razor' this would be it. Controllable, aggressive, accurate and just one piece of brilliance. A classic. The Gillette being a super pairing which kind of softens its otherwise kids glove stance.

MDC and the AP? They are.

Happy and grinning because of the dogs bits.

As usual it is time to throw some puffyshoes at you. And from their cracking album 'Finally the weekend'.......

The secret being....I love you all

Back
Top Bottom