SOTD: Saturday April 15 - Friday 21 April 2023.

qClYNdU.jpg

Tanami Desert Mining Camp Shave

Prep:
Barrister Reserve Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Royal Forest
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Polsilver Brown (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Penhaligon’s Sartorial EdT

SOTD 21-Apr
20230420_162029.jpg
Brush: Blackland Signature
Soap: SSC Haverford
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Wizamet (3)

Lovely shave this morning, brilliant Haverford scent. I normally only slap a splash on but I had the balm on hand as the AS had initially been out of stock when I'd picked up the tub.
What I didn't realise is this particular soap is accompanied by a warning that it may stain badger hair. Luckily that hasn't happened but it does mean this tub will only ever see synths now, shame but one of those things.

Wonderfully smooth, smelling good and looking forward to the weekend kicking off.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
To bring me smack up to date, last night's SOTD arrives in pixilated form and themed, 'Elon Musk and the Big Bang theory'

20230420_143040.jpg

SpaceX - Stainless Mongoose
Zip2 - Feather Professional
Tesla - PAA Pelegrino
Twitter - Signature Soaps Londinium
Twatter - Trufitt & Hill Grafton

I have never seen so many people cheer and be happy as billions of dollars disappeared in a rather large puff of smoke. A bit like a Mrs Truss budget.

'That's it ladies. Climb in to Mr Musks world's largest sex toy the PulsatorX and be taken to a whole new height'

'Oh fuck'

Bring on the general, bring on the Londinium and bring on a most fantastic bit of shaving time. What could ever go wrong with the most trusted bunch outside of a political party? Nothing. And it didn't.

Which probably goes to prove that being well shaved is the best thing that could ever happen on this little island. Vote the General. Vote for Mr Trufitt and vote for Mr Hill and everything will be in a better place. And it was. Well I was anyway.

And I went to bed happily ever after.

Gacharic Spin? Sounds like some form of stomach problem when in fact they are just another usual end of SOTD Japanese girlies.

Thursday 20th April

Soap • Stirling Nag Champa
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (2)
Post • Blue Stratos Aftershave

For me, this razor & blade pairing gives the most comfortable shave. Blade feel is almost non-existent, it's that smooth.
The end result is always somewhere between DFS/BBS (with a few touch-ups)
I've used this soap which was very kindly gifted to me by @Digimonkey a few times now, and I really like it's scent. It takes me back to when I lived in Southall (West London) as a kid, with the aroma of imscence sticks in the corner shop (and most small independent Indian grocery stores)
I don't have the matching aftershave, but have used Old Spice post shave previously, but using Blue Stratos with it last night really was a good choice somehow.

The weekend is almost here gentlemen, enjoy!

Fri 21
Soap Signature Soaps Capra Derventio
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
Nice soap, great brush, and an awesome splash!
Had an enjoyable 3-pass shave with this razor. The edge was smooth but the keenness can still be improved. Managed a bbs-ccs finish...
20230421_142539.jpg

Bart’s balm pre-shave oil
EJ DE89
Treet platinum
Omega 20102
Arko cream
Alum
Bart’s balm unscented

Pretty much the same as last time with the addition of alum. Few too many passes on the chin maybe, trying to get it all but no blood or redness.

Attachments

• 117AEFFF-5FC5-4F23-ABC6-A1A250CBA020.jpeg
    117AEFFF-5FC5-4F23-ABC6-A1A250CBA020.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 7
21/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm Faux Pony
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - ATT Windsor CR1
Blade - Brazillian Wilkinson Sword
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Wk 16 (7).JPG
I do like these Blades, 5 shaves in and still so smooth, again this one may also get another run out. Pleasantly surprised to say the least. A Big thank you to @Mike Smart for allowing me to try these.
I am not normally a fan of menthol type soaps, however, i can make an exception for the brilliant OSP. A very nice lather today with a tiny bit of face freeze on the rinse off, followed up with a chilled post shave routine.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

To bring me smack up to date, last night's SOTD arrives in pixilated form and themed, 'Elon Musk and the Big Bang theory'

View attachment 104378

SpaceX - Stainless Mongoose
Zip2 - Feather Professional
Tesla - PAA Pelegrino
Twitter - Signature Soaps Londinium
Twatter - Trufitt & Hill Grafton

I have never seen so many people cheer and be happy as billions of dollars disappeared in a rather large puff of smoke. A bit like a Mrs Truss budget.

'That's it ladies. Climb in to Mr Musks world's largest sex toy the PulsatorX and be taken to a whole new height'

'Oh fuck'

Bring on the general, bring on the Londinium and bring on a most fantastic bit of shaving time. What could ever go wrong with the most trusted bunch outside of a political party? Nothing. And it didn't.

Which probably goes to prove that being well shaved is the best thing that could ever happen on this little island. Vote the General. Vote for Mr Trufitt and vote for Mr Hill and everything will be in a better place. And it was. Well I was anyway.

And I went to bed happily ever after.

Gacharic Spin? Sounds like some form of stomach problem when in fact they are just another usual end of SOTD Japanese girlies.

Armpits.

4d80c54c96321ac58cb7f81783bfa88d.jpg

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 8 )
Brush = Rich Man Shaving 30mm Blood Oath
Soap = Noble Otter Northern Elixir
Splash = Matching
Balm = Barts Balm Ben Lomond
IMG_0356.jpeg
Another shave from yesterday And a 9/10
I Genuinely love Noble Otter but man there’s to much menthol in this one.
well perhaps there is t but to much for me i couldn’t keep my eyes open.
i’m bad enough keeping my eyes open after work without needing assistance from Menthol lol.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 8 )
Brush = Rich Man Shaving 30mm Blood Oath
Soap = Noble Otter Northern Elixir
Splash = Matching
Balm = Barts Balm Ben Lomond
View attachment 104408
Another shave from yesterday And a 9/10
I Genuinely love Noble Otter but man there’s to much menthol in this one.
well perhaps there is t but to much for me i couldn’t keep my eyes open.
i’m bad enough keeping my eyes open after work without needing assistance from Menthol lol.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

I'd be knackered after the additional activities required when working Brazil

Sorry.... was

Back
Top Bottom