SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

05-04-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Wolfman Guerrilla OC, Perma Sharp (# 30) :: Thäter TSN 2017 :: Santa Maria Novella :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

642ekax.jpg

06-04-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Yaqi Sentinel 1.55mm, DSCosmetics Destroyer, Perma Sharp (# 31) :: Yaqi Obsidiana, Silvertip :: Barrister & Mann, Vespers :: Lea 3 en 1 :: Myrsol, Agua balsámica

lYVnEw5.jpg

Salut!

Thursday 6 April
The Italians have great style and pasta of course but you only have to look at their cars, furniture and clothing to see that design flair is what delivers greatness. So, that brings me to the Razorine. It certainly has stylish looks but is neither a shavette nor a standard DE safety razor.
What to call a DE razor head on the end of a shavette handle? A shade or a Dette? No I didn’t think so either.
Anyway, this is the upgraded version from the original with a more ergonomic handle and a better grip. It also is made in brass. I found quite quickly (my first shave with this bad boy) that the best technique for shaving requires the head to be rolled gently and subtly across the face with the wrist. Not unlike using a shavette. It’s a safety razor but too much speed and lack of attention can lead to weepers. I had two small nicks soon sorted.
It could become a daily driver as experience grows but the real fun is in occasional use and taking time to enjoy the experience. Isn’t this what a good shave is all about?
I used a Lord blade but any good DE blade will suffice. Butterscotch vintage badger and Mitchell’s soap was as usual very comfortable but needed a few reloads due to the time taken to complete the shave. Result was excellent for a first experience and I look forward to giving it another run soon.
Have a fine day fellas!
Alan

6B895660-8C4A-4E55-94FD-5A2002F88A79.jpeg

I've followed the NHS exercise program for people with sciatica and it was said on the video if at any point while doing the exercises you feel pain STOP and consult your doctor.
I felt a great deal of pain when trying the stretching exercises and to carry on would only have made things worse.
I have arthritis of my lower spine and when this flair's up so does the sciatica.

Paul.
Give Voltarol cream a try,
it’s an anti inflammatory cream which i think is a wonder drug.
Put it on every 4 hours & in between take 2 paracetamol which means your taking medication every 2 hours which is allowed with Voltarol.
The best anti inflammatory cream on the market by a country mile

06/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - OSP Neroli
Wk 14 (6).JPGWk 14 (6a).JPG
The X1 slant seems to really suits my shaving technique, a super smooth comfortable shave today.
Mmmm Neroli (y);)
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom