SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

I've followed the NHS exercise program for people with sciatica and it was said on the video if at any point while doing the exercises you feel pain STOP and consult your doctor.
I felt a great deal of pain when trying the stretching exercises and to carry on would only have made things worse.
I have arthritis of my lower spine and when this flair's up so does the sciatica.

Paul.
@Blademonkey That’s double the pain. My dad had arthritis of the spine. He never moaned. He had to wear a corset with steel inserts. His workmates were amazed that he wouldn’t take time off sick. He said working took his mind off the pain. I remember once saying to him that I felt ill ( wanting to skive off work)
- civil service) and he said wash your face, get on your bike and get to work, which I did. On reflection I now know where he was coming from.

@Blademonkey That’s double the pain. My dad had arthritis of the spine. He never moaned. He had to wear a corset with steel inserts. His workmates were amazed that he wouldn’t take time off sick. He said working took his mind off the pain. I remember once saying to him that I felt ill ( wanting to skive off work)
- civil service) and he said wash your face, get on your bike and get to work, which I did. On reflection I now know where he was coming from.
I wish it were only arthritis of my lower spine, I also need two knee replacement joints and two shoulder replacement joints.
I'm in near constant pain and have been prescribed morphine amongst other drugs to help with the pain.
I wish I could get on a bike, I really do but I will now stop moaning about it.

Paul.

Last edited:
a7a59845c618a044fde913ff6dd09359.jpg

Wednesday 5th April

AMWts8D6OEPIp1EZbjrZsY-ymWawVHg6Fcd0Z8AefwutW2wIS1AHWmBemp5_wrxbr7KOXkO8RRa1V5kI5lQPpJSHf2LANXts4U1lTsnWfiooXjIArX-631bPi2zxd3eXu3HCqArPyjRmQ7VsmYrVDY3G01zcdQ=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic Fan 26mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Lord Classic (2)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Continuing Artisanal April ...

I've whittled my soaps to ones that I know will deliver in-shave performance that meets my standards and give really good post-shave feeling, not drying, nor overly feeding after my preference for more alcoholic splashes have been splashed. I have two soaps that stand head and shoulders above the rest and that's Mitchell's Wool Fat ... and Savonniere du Moulin. As a self-declared "Mitchell's Man" I wouldn't necessarily be hard-pushed to pick one over the other, but I would most definitely know that I would be missing out on something from the one I didn't pick.

Lovely shave!

The Lord Classic really is the standout blade for a straight-up sharp and smooth shave. It's not more smooth than sharp, like the Super Chromes, nor more sharp than smooth, like the Platinum Class ... nor leaving the shaver with a feeling that it could have been smoother. It is perfectly balanced and delivers that consistently throughout the life of the blade.

Maybe we could have Moulin May ... or perhaps Milky May? Might not be a lot of choice, but Fat February really was just the one soap.

Todays lucky dip blade shave

Fatip slant
Hampshire lanolin soap
Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade
Omega boar brush
Nivea fresh kick balm

Quick ish shave tonight, enjoying using the fatip slant of late and found a couple of good blades that work well. Wilkinson sword blade worked just fine, just about sharp enough and plenty smooth enough for a decent two pass shave, blade felt to cut through well and be robust enough to cope with my tough beard so another one for the try again pile once I order a few blades as this is a single, but will keep me going until the weekend now. I have a few vintage offerings in the pile so I'll be interested in how they perform now.

Hampshire soap is always a good performer as is any of the Nivea shave balms, fresh kick just makes a nice finish with the Hampshire soaps.

No complaints at all and nice to have a couple good lucky dip shaves after a couple of poor ones.

Stay well all

Being useless is something I appear to excel in and this week I seem to have gone beyond excelling. One SOTD? Poor show Mr Satan, a very poor show. But to try make some kind of an amend a half concerted effort from Monday being as last night was an artisan don't shave night. Pathetic.

And so this one arrives pixilated (the English version) and themed, 'Tax'

20230403_204259.jpg

Self assessment - Rocnel Elite
Capital gains - Super Max
Tax deductions - PAA Pelegrino
Personal allowance - Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg
Tax avoidance - Simple moisturiser
Taxidermist- Chanel pour Monsieur
'Where to squire?'
'Anywhere, just get me the fuck off this SOTD'

A rare outing for the Elite. Probably the nicest machined razor I have come across. Everything, the fit, the finish, the quality is exceptional, but boy oh boy does it shave with a strange feel. The feedback says 'still more to go here' when in fact there isn't. The feel says 'not brilliant' when in fact it is superlative and in general it just confuses the shit out of me. When in fact I am too brainless to realise what confused actually means.

But whatever it is I don't understand it does deliver an absolutely massive grin value shave, and that I do understand. A smiley happy me and no scars.

But tonight's Japanese treat arrives courtesy of Fate Gear who appear to shave badly and have a lifetime of scars....

And I do love you all

SOTD: 6th April 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Blue's Shaving Soap.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / David Beckham Instinct ASL. / Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Another comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off on a high.

The 37C slant has became my new favourite slant razor at the moment, each and every shave I've had with over the past few months have been consistently good. Today was no exception.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 06-Apr
20230401_123543.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: MSC Vintage Faberge
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet (Z-4)

Cracking shave this morning with the Brut dupe, Mrs can't stand the stuff (original or otherwise) but with this I'm willing to abide the turned up nose and odd looks...well once in a while at least!

Smooth and smelling good (to me) and ready for the day ahead, or rather the countdown to the bank holiday.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom