SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

View attachment 103430
4th April. 2023. SOTD.
Artisanal April.

Razor - Tatara Muramasa 3
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar, Olivewood handle
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A very close yeti comfortable shave, I feel I need to experiment with other blade's because I picked up a couple of weepers, it could however be user error, my back is giving me a lot of pain today and my mind wasn't totally on the shave.
The La Savonnire du moulin was of course wonderful and produced a thick creamy stable lather.
Alum to stop me bleeding before I applied my ASB.
I hope for a better shave and back tomorrow!

Take care , will be back soon.

Paul.
Another soap I regret selling.

Tuesday AM 2023-04-04
Birthdate in 1646 of Antoine Galland, translator who added the tale of Aladdin and the Lamp to 'One Thousand and One Nights'
Xe8rvCs.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH7 Antique Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (16)
Mennen Skin Bracer aftershave
0QyAxoI.jpg

I bet! It's not so easy to buy in the UK now, all I can find is the La Savonnire du moulin soap sticks and they are not cheap but if you really want some and you don't mind the shipping fee you can buy from the US.

Paul.

Mr Monkey.

You can get them for a pretty good price.

SOTD 03 and 04 April 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soaps - A Capra Goats Milk Hybrid Shaving Soap (fragrance free).
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: Seygus Zepplin V2.
Blade: Lord Platinum Class (days 1 and 2).
Cologne: Czech and Speake Cuba.

Atrisan soap April - I kicked off with Signature Soaps: Capra Goats Milk Hybrid Shaving Soap - first use of this soap - I really enjoyed the lather, skin feel and glide. I think this was my first use of a soap with a goats milk base - it was a novelty shaving with an unscented soap - a very enjoyable experience.

The Lord Platinum Class worked very well in the Seygus Zepplin - sharp, efficient. I was unwell over the weekend (nothing serious - a dodgy Scot's egg sample - no more need be said) and could not be ar$ed (no pun intended) shaving. Monday's shave was amazing - the set-up blitzed 3 days growth with no issued. BBS and very comfortable after 2 passes.

Same set-up today - 1 pass DFS finish - lovely skin feel.

The spice combination of the Bay Rum and the Cuba was a nice end to these shaves.

I'm looking forward to Artisan April.

All the best,

Chris

View attachment 103430
4th April. 2023. SOTD.
Artisanal April.

Razor - Tatara Muramasa 3
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar, Olivewood handle
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A very close yeti comfortable shave, I feel I need to experiment with other blade's because I picked up a couple of weepers, it could however be user error, my back is giving me a lot of pain today and my mind wasn't totally on the shave.
The La Savonnire du moulin was of course wonderful and produced a thick creamy stable lather.
Alum to stop me bleeding before I applied my ASB.
I hope for a better shave and back tomorrow!

Take care , will be back soon.

Paul.
Paul - hope the back sorts itself out soon and the pain subsides, Chris.

Tuesday 4th April

AMWts8AKFaCP2GM-JyMlRkGhL5LY_Y6Qi_lkAitJWzgm99fp2lhOdE_F5GHJSBg3HbtkirWXeQzgZy-o2GAeHjdJwzkuorUP9wbpiJTwCcGtRAgT-pDBnMZaOBBYNJNuMlNbSaT1LCjTnpkrp05qqLndbOv80g=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Shangri-La & Omega Professional (White) Pure Bristle 27mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Lord Superior Platinum (2)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Continuing Artisanal April ...

Ruddy gorgeous scent, still on the Shangri-La soap ... a limited run from Wickham Soap Company. Official scent profile is: Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot & Angelica; Turkish Rose Otto, Arabian Sambac, Cedarwood, Orris & Jasmine; Amber, Cedar, Musk & Sandalwood. Sorta like the exotic cousin of Buddha Wood.

Super-smooth shave with the Lord Superior Platinum now on its second run, super-smooth and sharp ... with all of that initial "almost too sharp" feeling gone. Second shave with this blade is just lovely.

eXw8yLj.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Manchurian Badger
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Antica Ricetta
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (15)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Plastic Shave Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Alverez Gomez Barbaria EdC

SOTD 05-Apr
20230404_092342.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: PAA Speakeasy
Razor: Shield GEM
Blade: GEM PTFE

Very nice shave, the newly received knotted dogwood very luxurious. Felt different to the B15, perhaps slightly softer, I'm there'll be more subtleties to it but I'm not that sensitive. Either which way I'm happy with it, love the handle as well, despite it's relatively small size it has a nice weight to it.

Smooth and smelling good, ready but perhaps less willing to start the workday!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Wednesday 5 April

RazoRock Hawk A, beautifully made and finished and a joy to use
Feather pro blade, so so but not the best for me although on its third run out
Spitfire soap, nice creamy tallow based, I’m getting used to the scent and it does the job although it dries very quickly on the face
Vulfix bristle and hair brush, quite old so a fair mount of which it lost during soaping up :rolleyes:
Satisfactory result although not overall great. Combo of blade and drying soap detracted somewhat from the experience. On the other hand maybe I’m having too many Victor Meldrew moments in my old age, well anyway that’s what Mrs Ekeko keeps telling me :ROFLMAO:

Have an enjoyable day fellas!

9F1623D3-4BF3-46D3-8BB8-ECA7D821B81D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom