SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

Tuesday 4 April
Continuing with SE razors after the Enoch yesterday. I pulled the Yaqui from the pile and half an RK blade. The ARKO soap went on very easily even with my scruffy but very usable Culmak junior bristle of indeterminate age. RK blades work very efficiently in the Henson (they are apparently “designed‘ for that razor) but today with the Yaqui I had to work really hard to achieve an acceptable result. It‘s probably a mild razor as the blade has had only one previous outing. Mind you there was no irritation or weepers so no complaint here.
Enjoy this lovely spring day fellas!
Alan

F965CFA1-ADE7-490B-8E45-A44A7108A475.jpeg

04/04/23
Tabac Tuesday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Tabac
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Brazillian Gillette Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 14 (4).JPG
A very smooth 2 pass shave today.
The razor and blade combo working really well, i do like these Brazilian Gillette's.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

04/04/23
Tabac Tuesday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Tabac
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Brazillian Gillette Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
View attachment 103444
A very smooth 2 pass shave today.
The razor and blade combo working really well, i do like these Brazilian Gillette's.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Pendant corner. That blade is not a Brazilian made blade, but a MIC blade sold for the Brazilian market.

Artisan April, 4th

View attachment 103435
  • EJ DE86
  • Gillette Nacet
  • Hand-carved Ash & Cashmere
  • Hampshire Wool Fat #1
  • Tabac AS
My ‘Easy Job’ DE86 really does make the job easy and a Nacet always works for me regardless of razor. Since it’s ‘Artisan April’, may I be termed an artisan too or do I simply qualify as a ‘wood botherer’? The real artisan here makes this fabulous shaving soap that possesses the holy trinity of tallow, lanolin and glycerin and boy, is it ever good stuff. And just because it’s Tuesday: Tabac.

Matron. MATRON! It is Tuesday my dear, isn’t it? No, not enema day surely? That was yesterday and the day before and, where do you think you’re putting that nasty old rubber tube? No Matron, MATRON, NOOOO!!! Honestly, ruddy woman’s a menace….:oops::ROFLMAO:

Live like there is no tomorrow, treat every day like it is enema day.

ALL HAIL MATRON.

3 April

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
PAA Peregrino
Rockwell 6S
Kai Stainless

View attachment 103386
After yesterday not shaving, blessed relief when the Kai got into action. Fabulous two pass shave set me up for the day. I used the soap as an aftershave lotion as suggested by Pannacrema and it was rather good.
Lovely image. I'd forgotten about square pictures - must dig out my Rollieflex. :) - cheers - I.

31-03-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Blackland Tradere OC, Perma Sharp (# 27) :: Razorock Beehive :: Álvarez Gómez :: Álvarez Gómez, bálsamo :: Epsilon, Mediterranean Blue

KWVSzIv.jpg

02-04-2023@

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: DSCosmetics DS-AX, Destroyer, Perma Sharp (# 28) :: Morris & Forndran :: Proraso, Eucalipto :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

3OdTbSO.jpg

03-04-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Yaqi Sentinel 1.35mm, Razorock Barberpole, Perma Sharp (# 29) :: Semogue FA LE 2016, Premium Boar :: Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

6oQJjpq.jpg

Salut!

31-03-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Blackland Tradere OC, Perma Sharp (# 27) :: Razorock Beehive :: Álvarez Gómez :: Álvarez Gómez, bálsamo :: Epsilon, Mediterranean Blue

KWVSzIv.jpg

02-04-2023@

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: DSCosmetics DS-AX, Destroyer, Perma Sharp (# 28) :: Morris & Forndran :: Proraso, Eucalipto :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Protetivo :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba

3OdTbSO.jpg

03-04-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Yaqi Sentinel 1.35mm, Razorock Barberpole, Perma Sharp (# 29) :: Semogue FA LE 2016, Premium Boar :: Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

6oQJjpq.jpg

Salut!
What are these PermaSharp’s that give you 30 shaves? Wow!

Ok. Hopefully got the week right this time…

Tuesday

OSP Barbershop
RazoRock BC 24mm synth
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Professional
Fine American Blend

A Feather Professional did the business today (readers may remember my previous posting, where there was an interruption on the time/space continuum and I posted in the wrong week; and used a ProGuard blade - I don’t believe the two are connected).

All good today, dfs and all that. To have striven for perfection could have resulted in hypovolaemia at best; decapitation at worst. I’ve never been able to whip this thing round my chops with the impunity associated with other razors; but I still like it; especially after a few days of stubble.

BDE8AE2C-BBCE-4B05-A8BF-41351CBEEE38.jpeg

20230404_151033.jpg

Fourth shave on this blade today, and it did feel a bit rougher than before. But I got very little sleep last night and had a very early start today, so it's entirely possible that my face wasn't at its shaving-best. Let's see how it feels tomorrow.

Still left me clean and comfortable after a couple of passes, so nothing major. I might swap the plate over to 6 from 5 for the next couple of days to see it that counteracts the blade ageing...

20230404_153957.jpg

4/4/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Signature Soaps Capra
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere 20mm
Razor - Gillette New Long Comb
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Wars Sensitive

Absolutely delightful shave today, the Gillette LC New is quite a bit more efficient than some of my other Gillette razors but gloriously smooth. I think it's quickly becoming one of my favourite razors. A better lather with the SS Capra today. I find it a little bit tricky to find the sweet spot for water to soap ratio, but I'm getting there. Superb post shave feel with this soap, very neutral.

IMG_20230404_164807.jpg

Back
Top Bottom