SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

05/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - 1906 Gillette Single Ring #663851 OC Travel Set
Blade - Astra SP Green
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 14 (5).JPG
I keep saying it when i use one of my vintage Gillette's and i will say it again:-
Gillette did not get much, if anything, wrong the first time around. There is most definitely a razor for every shaver in there vintage arsenal.
A very easy lather mixed up today and enough for 3 passes, therefore, i did a 3 pass shave.
The Astra for me is really nice in these old girls, today is was as smooth as silk.
Finishing with a very nice post shave leaving me BBS, comfortable and smelling quite nice too.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

5/4/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Signature Soaps Capra
Brush - ApSc 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette BET Aluminium
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Wars Sensitive

3rd shave in a row with Capra, and I have definitely found the sweet for soap and water, and I obtained an absolutely delightful lather. Nice shave with a new Bic CP in my Aluminium BET, which is the mildest razor head I own. Took a few passes to get a close shave, but with lather this glorious it was a pleasure from start to finish.

IMG_20230405_122416.jpg

View attachment 103430
4th April. 2023. SOTD.
Artisanal April.

Razor - Tatara Muramasa 3
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar, Olivewood handle
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A very close yeti comfortable shave, I feel I need to experiment with other blade's because I picked up a couple of weepers, it could however be user error, my back is giving me a lot of pain today and my mind wasn't totally on the shave.
The La Savonnire du moulin was of course wonderful and produced a thick creamy stable lather.
Alum to stop me bleeding before I applied my ASB.
I hope for a better shave and back tomorrow!

Take care , will be back soon.

Paul.
Hope your backs better soon mate, iv had it many times it’s not good,
Take Care of it

20230405_162641.jpg

5th shave for this Bolsano blade in the 6S. Swapped the plate up to 6 after yesterday's shave. Also I actually got some decent sleep last night. Not sure if it was one or the other or both, but today's shave was much smoother than yesterday's.

Still ever so close, even on its 5th outing. Left me with the lovely "I have no stubble but my face doesn't feel like I've shaved" feeling. It should have no trouble completing 6 shaves to finish my weekly routine..

20230405_165843.jpg

View attachment 103430
4th April. 2023. SOTD.
Artisanal April.

Razor - Tatara Muramasa 3
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar, Olivewood handle
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A very close yeti comfortable shave, I feel I need to experiment with other blade's because I picked up a couple of weepers, it could however be user error, my back is giving me a lot of pain today and my mind wasn't totally on the shave.
The La Savonnire du moulin was of course wonderful and produced a thick creamy stable lather.
Alum to stop me bleeding before I applied my ASB.
I hope for a better shave and back tomorrow!

Take care , will be back soon.

Paul.
Think a lot of us are plagued with bad backs. Its not the easiest thing to deal with when it kicks in. I gif it best to keep doing things and keep moving. Take care

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2023-04-05
National First Contact Day
L9fKxI7.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Floris Santal shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Personna 74 Tungsten (17)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave
EgfLaHp.jpg

Think a lot of us are plagued with bad backs. It the easiest thing to deal with when it kicks in. I gif it best to keep doing things and keep moving. Take care
I've followed the NHS exercise program for people with sciatica and it was said on the video if at any point while doing the exercises you feel pain STOP and consult your doctor.
I felt a great deal of pain when trying the stretching exercises and to carry on would only have made things worse.
I have arthritis of my lower spine and when this flair's up so does the sciatica.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom