SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby Moffat
Soap = House Of Mammoth HYGGE
with matching splash & balm
IMG_9981.jpeg
Another Brilliant 3 pass shave
3 passes were not necessary but i just love doing it
The Soap for me is my favourite Barbershop Scent.
i wish i had more mammoth soaps, i think i only have 4,
it’s a top performer for sure.
This shave was actually last night but i crashed out 30 minutes after the shave :cry:
14 hour days in 28 degree heat takes its toll.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

20230406_170326.jpg

Right, let's see how this little freebie does. It feels light and tinny, but the plating is consistent and OK.

I've never seen this type of arrangement to hold a blade in place before, but it works and the blade seems well aligned. It's a bit fiddly though.

20230406_162137.jpg20230406_162431.jpg

This razor has it stacked against it for this shave. I've never used it before. It's very different to my other razors. It's significantly lighter than the 6S I've been using all week. The Bolzano blade is also the 1st I've used and it's on its 6th shave.

With all that in mind it only seems fair to use pre-shave oil and post shave alum to give it a chance.

20230406_162805.jpg

I ended up doing 3 passes, 1 more than usual. The blade was still pretty good, but combined with the milder razor I think I needed the extra pass.

It wasn't the smoothest shave. It was hard to tell where the blade was. But it was a close shave. A bit like Macdonalds instead of 5 Guys. The same, but not. My face isn't as comfortable as usual but there was minimal alum sting. I think that with a fresh blade and a little practice it'll be decent enough for a couple of nights away - especially with its little travel case.

**EDIT - bit of razor rash has appeared. Not great. Think I over-shaved. Shouldn’t do 3 passes. Should know that by now**

20230406_170237.jpg

Last edited:
Give Voltarol cream a try,
it’s an anti inflammatory cream which i think is a wonder drug.
Put it on every 4 hours & in between take 2 paracetamol which means your taking medication every 2 hours which is allowed with Voltarol.
The best anti inflammatory cream on the market by a country mile
Cheers Mike, it is good, I use it every day. :)
Thanks anyway.

Paul.

6/4/23

Pre - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat No.1
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
Post - Alum/Effect Cucumber
AS - Wars Protect

Keeping with 'Artisan April', I used Hampshire Wool Fat for today's shave. It produces a nice old fashioned slick tallow lather, but I'm not massively sure on the scent. It was cedarwood and patchouli to begin with, but there's not much of the former just a lot of the latter.
A pretty nice shave with the Bic Chrome Platinum in my Old Type, but I managed to pick up a weeper during the shave. After a patchouli overload, I wanted something on the mild side of things, the Wars Green Protect is vaguely scented of Cedarwood and did the job nicely.

IMG_20230406_172905.jpg

Thursday AM 2023-04-06
Little Orphan Annie premiered on NBC radio on this date in 1931
IVh50Ca.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow) in Wedgwood bowl
Wilkinson Sticky
Personna 74 Tungsten (18)
Versace Eros aftershave

Despite the soap making excellent lather, the razor gave me a good but not BBS shave. That may be due in part to the blade being on its 18th and last shave. The razor has an effective cutting angle that is much steeper than modern razors, requiring different technique.
jq9YaVu.jpg

Thursday 6th April

AMWts8CPctIniQ44YkDBSwJloRTgu8MVf2YuefYgYRbpQlqawurfAZoVMl4s9ipXvC6CEtatH0v3G1_dxAE1-rp1W992B9C4fk15OdKLOwd8YkIGiqkqEkaeB3NeotlrR1MiKsRJdGLbQ8E2tU3-38L5Qzr8tA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Frankincense & Omega Professional Pure Bristle 27mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & (Lord) Silver Star Super Stainless (2)
Hai Karate Aftershave

Continuing Artisanal April ...

... and following on from yesterday's shave with the Lord Classic, which really was a doubling-back and re-checking of certain assumptions, tonight's shave was also such. The Silver Star Super Stainless is also a standout blade; for sharpness, amongst the Super Stainless class. It's up there on a par with the Gillette PermaSharp Super. Love it!

B954CB3C-44F2-4D84-B044-0DA93DD53463.jpeg
SOTD: 06/04/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Feather Pro Guard, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Soap: Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

Caravan shave no. 1 went brilliantly. Treated myself bringing the ATT and it was as usual amazing!

View attachment 103557
SOTD: 06/04/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Feather Pro Guard, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Soap: Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

Caravan shave no. 1 went brilliantly. Treated myself bringing the ATT and it was as usual amazing!
Did you get your window sorted?

SOTD 07-Apr
20230406_120716.jpg
Brush: Dogwood Handcraft DG B16
Soap: Barrister and Mann – Sandalwood
Razor: Henckels Friodur 17

Nice relaxing shave with the 17, excellent edge (not mine) smooth running and effortless. I’m still not all that proficient in certain areas, but I’ll get there. Haven’t used the sandalwood in ages, should have brought that out at the beginning of winter but never mind, still a good one.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
This evening the board of theming things have instructed me to entitle my shave free of any profanities or double entendres. So hence this particular shave arrives themed, 'Staring up my back end'

20230405_162940.jpg

Black hole sun - Lambda Athena
Rear view - Feather
Where the sun don't shine - Hive-2
Endoscopy - Signature Soaps Condate
Donald's trumpet - M&S Spiced Amber

'And I will cut your facking Jacobs off'

The Lambda Athena. One of those razors which always gives me a great pleasure to shave with. Everything about it says 'I'm special'. Everything Mrs Satanfriendly says about me says, 'You're a pillock'. Lambda have really gone to town on this beauty right down to the stunning box it is presented in. Mrs Satanfriendly would also like to see me in a wooden box.

Boxes aside the Lambda is as smooth as they come and this shave was no different to its usual expectations. Three passes to facial heaven. I'd totally forgot I had the Condate and yet another super soap from the super soap man and a great show from the lather display team.

A splash of Witch Hazel, a rub of Collegen, a spray of the quite wonderful (if not short lived, but £15 for 200ml!?)) Spiced Amber and life is peachy. Check my rear and life is quite ugly.

Have a great Easter Friday my fellow shavateers and see you later being as I am a bit behind here.

It is that time of year to end on those idols formally known as Ladybaby girls and their rather cute Easter Bunny song.....

Back
Top Bottom