SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

View attachment 103581
SOTD Good Friday 2023.

Razor - Tatara Muramasa - 4
Blade - Gillette Perma -Sharp
Soap - Canada unscented Shaving soap
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris EDP

A few days growth to be taken down so I set the razor to 4 and put in a fresh Gillette Perma -Sharp blade.
The Canada shaving soap is similar to MdC, it was very good indeed, lathered up with ease and the lather was creamy and slick.
The shave was great, setting 4 handled a few days of growth with ease and it was a very comfortable shave, I left it on setting 4 for the whole shave with no problems at all.
A super smooth finish and my skin was feeling supple.
Refinery ASB to finish followed by a few sprays of Citron Citron from Miller Harris to my pulse point's, very uplifting.

I wish you all a wonderful Easter bank holiday, the weather is looking fine!

Paul.
Great pic Paul.

Friday AM 2023-04-07
Birthdate in 1860 of W.K. Kellogg, founder of the breakfast cereal company
1LgdQKa.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Ethos Grooming custom Honeysuckle shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Wilkinson London Bridge (1)
Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Hull aftershave balm

Fairy scritchy, the brush worked well at making excellent lather. The razor head and handle are perfectly balanced for easy handling, giving me a BBS shave.
blZCdve.jpg

7/4/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - ApSc 22mm SynBad
Razor - Gillette Thin Handle Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum (3)
Post - Alum/Witch Hazel
AS - Signature Soap Danum

I'm not so sure about the Bic Chrome Platinum, it's a sharp blade for sure, but it manages to be a be little on the bitey side of things. Picked up a weeper again with this blade, and needed a few dabs of the alum block to stop the claret. Maybe I'm not pairing it with the razor? I don't know.
The star of the shave was the Signature Soaps Danum splash, nice patchouli scent and feels great on the skin.

Have a good Easter weekend my friends.

IMG_20230407_183819.jpg

Friday 7th April

AMWts8BM9Hg6llvt5rjRjR1W8qtl_XRppBi0gckdwBVA4rme0vnibuTO5FcasXSC6jIq33Ww-Iokboq9uvRkkXDiTKht-YTEejbdiozGTSLwfkdqMs6z_CamBbw4GEdwZ8JgQjfrRUOy3Ptbi5SHvpQokRGogA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Club Cola & Omega Professional Pure Bristle 27mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Lord Platinum Class (2)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Continuing Artisanal April ...

... and another shave with the Lord Platinum Class that impressed me so highly a couple of weeks, or so, ago. I've used the Lord Platinum Class before and found it very sharp, very sharp indeed ... but left me with some irritation, post-shave. Of course that's my bad habit of having a heavy hand and almost rippling the skin sometime when cap-riding. I've used the Platinum Class a lot over the last few weeks in various guises from Shark to ASCO to Racer ... and, of course, Lord.

I think I have some really fresh stock as the pack of Lord Platinum Class is shaping up to be a seriously superior blade! Second shaves are always better than the fresh shave on a new blade and tonight's shave was a straight-up 10/10 for the quality of the shave and just a tick below the likes of even the mighty Gillette Silver Blue!

Sharp, smooth and seriously efficient from what is Lord's presumably flagship blade.

Friday 7th April

Soap • Barrister and Mann Cheshire
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Razorock German 37
Blade • Gillette Spoiler (1)
Post • Ach Brito Lavanda Cologne

#Japanese-girly

You've beaten me on the Japanese girly front all week. Far better than my musical taste

It's the last day of the week, it's late in the evening and it is time for me to report this morning's shave (because I am useless) and it only takes for me to say, 'And my final entry for this past week of SOTD's comes to you themed.....' (better start thinking some rubbish up at this point). Comes to you themed, 'There isn't one'

I was going to have 'staring up the back end of a badger', but it's a badger's head on the bottom of the brush so sod that one. Can't be lying.

20230406_203101.jpg

The non existent razor - Tatara Nodachi
Themeless blade - 7 O'clock (yellow)
Badgers rear front end - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Soapy bottom - ADP Collezione Barbierre
A scent for all themes - M&S Spiced Amber

'That's not a face mask. That's my bloody lather you've nicked!'

A stunning showing from the Nodachi and the 7 O'clock and a really great pairing. I'm sat here this evening still appreciating the smooth and close finish they delivered and thinking, 'What a sad bastard I am'. And I am.

More Spiced Amber? Well I have got 200ml of the bloody stuff to get through and at 15 of those quid things, an absolute blinding bargain. It may not have a longevity worth writing about (but better than Blenheim Bouquet which doesn't last much beyond the shower room door) but it does have a lovely lingering aroma which kind of fills a gap. Far better than my natural body odour which kind of creates gaps in a crowded room.

End results? A lingering man with the best shaven face in the now empty room. Who needs friends?

As bed looms for an early start to drive over to Yorkshire in the morning, there is just one more thing to leave you with. It is Finally the weekend and it is finally some of those Puffyshoes girls.......

And to say, I love you all

You've beaten me on the Japanese girly front all week. Far better than my musical taste
She is the last girl in the book Chris - I fear I have peaked too soon! (again)
That's one beautiful skin inking P, a lovely picture.

Paul.
Thank you Paul
Although, I really can't take credit for putting a tub of soap on a picture and photographing it.

Back
Top Bottom