SOTD: Saturday April 1 - Friday 7 April 2023.

7 April

Martin de Candre Original
Semogue SOC Taj
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

IMG_4317.jpeg
A fabulous Friday shave. The SOC is finally starting to work the way it should and not killing the lather on the second pass. The Vector is working the way it should too… beautifully.

07/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Feather FHS-10
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Wk 14 (7).JPG
The OneBlade just works, it is a really safe razor to use although they are not seen so often in SOTD pics.
A nice cooling soap and post shave routine leaving me BBS, comfortable and ready for the day ahead.
Planning on taking Mrs TC out for lunch.
The Droyt's package turned up yesterday, very well packed with some nice personal touches. I will give some of the soap a trial next week.
Stay safe and enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend all.

SOTD 20230407.
eAmliRG.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Semogue 1250.
Jabones by Luna "Dama de Noche" shaving soap.
Karve Christopher Bradley OC-C / Stork "Consul" handle.
Racer Super Class Platinum (2).
Jabones by Luna "Dama de Noche" ASB.

Friday 7 April
Back in Amsterdam for Easter visiting daughter and family. After Amsterdam authorities decided recently to cut back on the visiting British stag and hen parties the immigration officers here are understandably quite direct asking visitors their reason for the visit. Now I’m shall we say “of a certain age” and I think the last stag party I went to was when Churchill was prime minister, so I like to think I hardly look like a yobbo. Mind you Mrs Ekeko did join a separate queue to mine just in case :rolleyes:
Simple shave today, Gillette ball end tech and platinum blade, bliss.
Couldn’t miss the chance so bought a small stash of shave thingys, De Vergulde Hand brush and soaps. You can get some bits the in UK but imported at a ridiculous price compared to here. Ah, the joys of Brexit :eek:
Have a relaxing and peaceful Easter fellas, go easy on the chocolate.

DACE7D18-E386-4636-8421-2F13C157E8EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday 7 April
Back in Amsterdam for Easter visiting daughter and family. After Amsterdam authorities decided recently to cut back on the visiting British stag and hen parties the immigration officers here are understandably quite direct asking visitors their reason for the visit. Now I’m shall we say “of a certain age” and I think the last stag party I went to was when Churchill was prime minister, so I like to think I hardly look like a yobbo. Mind you Mrs Ekeko did join a separate queue to mine just in case :rolleyes:
Simple shave today, Gillette ball end tech and platinum blade, bliss.
Couldn’t miss the chance so bought a small stash of shave thingys, De Vergulde Hand brush and soaps. You can get some bits the in UK but imported at a ridiculous price compared to here. Ah, the joys of Brexit :eek:
Have a relaxing and peaceful Easter fellas, go easy on the chocolate.

View attachment 103565
Have a great trip. :)

Paul.

View attachment 103538

Right, let's see how this little freebie does. It feels light and tinny, but the plating is consistent and OK.

I've never seen this type of arrangement to hold a blade in place before, but it works and the blade seems well aligned. It's a bit fiddly though.

View attachment 103539View attachment 103540

This razor has it stacked against it for this shave. I've never used it before. It's very different to my other razors. It's significantly lighter than the 6S I've been using all week. The Bolzano blade is also the 1st I've used and it's on its 6th shave.

With all that in mind it only seems fair to use pre-shave oil and post shave alum to give it a chance.

View attachment 103541

I ended up doing 3 passes, 1 more than usual. The blade was still pretty good, but combined with the milder razor I think I needed the extra pass.

It wasn't the smoothest shave. It was hard to tell where the blade was. But it was a close shave. A bit like Macdonalds instead of 5 Guys. The same, but not. My face isn't as comfortable as usual but there was minimal alum sting. I think that with a fresh blade and a little practice it'll be decent enough for a couple of nights away - especially with its little travel case.

**EDIT - bit of razor rash has appeared. Not great. Think I over-shaved. Shouldn’t do 3 passes. Should know that by now**

View attachment 103542
So, you did get six from that blade! Do you still like them?

Paul.

Fri 7th April

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band
Tabac soap
ER !924
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

A rather nice Shave today, the borrowed Evo handle works well for me on the 1924.I used alum today for the first time in an age, thought it might help not getting an A/S rash, which has occurred recently and it appears to have helped.

IMG_2023-4-7-112053.jpeg

Last edited:
Good Friday
A shave of 2 halves
So, having got almost but not quite to the point of getting my Baurmann and my Tennis to where I want them, and having had a passable shave from each this week, today being bank holiday I went back to the balsa one/half/qtr/tenth mic progression and a good 25 laps on linen and 50 on bare leather apiece.

TGS Royal Lime soap and alcohol free splash.
PAA Phantom Aerolite 26mm synthetic.
Creightons balm/moisturising lotion.

After taking the edges that little bit further today I decided to give them a side by side run out to see if it had made a difference. Yay! I shaved one side with the Tennis and the other with the Baurmann and got excellent results. Despite only having one day's growth, the dry flannel I wipe the blades on showed that a lot was taken off. Can't see me needing to shave tomorrow now, having got pretty much BBS at 2pm today. Maybe I was a bit overzealous, as I got a bit of burn even from the 0% splash. The Creightons added some moisture back in, as my skin felt pretty tight but very smooth after this. Hopefully the crispness of these diamond stropped edges will subside into sharp smoothness on the next shave or two.

Enjoy your Easter break guys.
20230407_134956.jpg

Last edited:
PXL_20230407_132017275.jpg
SOTD Good Friday 2023.

Razor - Tatara Muramasa - 4
Blade - Gillette Perma -Sharp
Soap - Canada unscented Shaving soap
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris EDP

A few days growth to be taken down so I set the razor to 4 and put in a fresh Gillette Perma -Sharp blade.
The Canada shaving soap is similar to MdC, it was very good indeed, lathered up with ease and the lather was creamy and slick.
The shave was great, setting 4 handled a few days of growth with ease and it was a very comfortable shave, I left it on setting 4 for the whole shave with no problems at all.
A super smooth finish and my skin was left feeling supple.
Refinery ASB to finish followed by a few sprays of Citron Citron from Miller Harris to my pulse point's, very uplifting.

I wish you all a wonderful Easter bank holiday, the weather is looking fine!

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom