SOTD: Saturday 8 July - Friday 14 July 2023.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, it happened to me and tbh I thought I was fine until I woke up and it was like falling over a cliff. My only advice is time and good communication with your wife etc. I also found speaking to a Dr helped. It's ok not to be ok even if you are a hairy assed man.

Take care Chris. If we are all honest , we’ve all had a breakdown of sorts at some point. You’ll find your own way of repairing and I’m sure you’ll be back to your best soon. Kindest Regards Brian.

Wed 12th July

Stirling Syn 26mm
La Toja stick grated
Asylum Injector
NOS Schick Platinum- Sweden ( 1 )

Really go through a phase where my dry skin makes Shaving not very nice. However, the lather today was exceptional and made the Shave comfortable. I highly recommend grating up some La Toja to create a puck, really is good when being worked from a bowl.

July 12. 2023.

Prep - Shower - 70% Aleppo soap
Razor - Feather DX non folding
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Soap - Valobra - Unscented
Brush - Alpha - Bully Boy silvertip fan
Bowl - Captain's Choice standard Copper
Post - Baxter's of California ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros

I hadn't used my Feather DX razor for some time and it showed, so many nicks, so much blood!
Finished off with a Gillette Guard!
Apart from the blood loss it was good shave in the end!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy.

Paul.

Pleased to see you back on full form Chris, the mind is a complex thing and it's no wonder it goes haywire sometimes, thank you for sharing it with us, it just goes to show that these things can strike anyone down at any time.
We all love you too.

Paul.

SOTD 12-Jul

Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Caties Bubbles Revolution
Razor: Gillette Old
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave this morning, newly acquired Revolution abs first Caties Bubbles. Strong but very nice scent, to me it's almost like a darker Novelist but with something else there. Very pleasant and so far long lasting!

No major challenge today, had to lather in the opposite manner. I usually face lather so went to the bowl. It's been a while so a little out of practice but good enough.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

12/07/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette

Its been a long time since i used @BrianH's Signature soaps - too long really. Today a wonderful face lather, the 22mm knot loading plenty from the pot. I easily had enough for 3 plus passes, the soap takes an incredible amount of water and just keeps producing.
I was thinking of moving the Brassbird along as i have fallen head over heels with the Athena, thinking 1 brass razor was enough.
2 passes and some touch up later it has saved itself and stays in the den, a fantastic shave & crackin' razor.
Yes i did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

@chard52142 Never heard of the Jaws blade before.
Could you post some photos of the pack, wrapper and blade?
This blade was made infamous by me in the US forum in 2020...hahaha. Last year some members there decided they require this particular blade for a blade challenge they paid the postage and I sent 200 blades there. The blades are cheap...approximately £0.17 per tuck.

Below are some pictures...

Glad to see you are ok now and enjoying your usual post. Please take care...

SotD-12/07/23.

Second Go with the loaned iKon 2PB razor.

This go I used a new Feather blade & it
transformed the shave.

2 passes & baby smooth smelling devine.
Was really chuffed how this shave went as I was slightly underwhelmed on the 1st go...

Pre: - Hot Shower/Steamed Towel
Razor: - iKon ShaveCraft '2PB' Dual Comb Polished S.S.
Blade: - Feather Hi Stainless (New)
Brush: - AP Shave Co. 'Milkshake' Synbad Knot (28mm)
Soap: - Wickhams English Rose
EdP: - Montale Paris 'Roses Musk'

Happy Shaves To All .