SOTD: Saturday 8 July - Friday 14 July 2023.

14/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Brut Original
Wk 28 (8).jpg
Well, that Astor blade lasted 7 shaves and was still very capable of doing its job.
Lovely shave that.
The blade has been retired to the blade bank.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

14 July

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Mühle travel brush
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

3B7F22E6-3FF3-4D30-9590-18BC42C731A9.jpeg
The Mühle travel brush has a Silvertip fibre knot that is very soft (floppy) with a slightly shorter loft than their regular 21mm knot, but it created a very fine lather indeed with the Wickham Apricus this morning. Another fine shave with the Blackland Vector and a (getting on a bit) Proline, the first pass was nearly there and the second was more of a tidy up. Good stuff.

Simpsons Chubby 3 Manchurian
MDC Original
Freshly loaded GSB
Razorock Gamechanger .84 Open Comb

Picked up an open comb GameChanger on BST. First shave with it today!
It's quite keen, and did manage to cut through two days of dense growth without much trouble.

There was some slight pulling, but had I not been in a rush and spent longer with hot water prep, things would have definitely went smoother.

No cuts or weepers. Did a great job.

This is a marked contrast to the King C Gillette DE razor, which honestly was about as useful as shaving with a dessert spoon.

Thanks to TSR, BST and @exists For the excellent buy and the great shaves that it'll bring.

Most importantly, I'll no longer be buying expensive plastic cartridge blades while I have over a thousand GSBs sitting in haribo sweet tubs under my bed.

Attachments

• IMG_4159.jpeg
    IMG_4159.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 17
494D1B55-BDDF-430A-A8D7-9B5BBEE0E076.JPG

My shave today was much better. Even with no prep this was a smooth and comfortable shaving event. This is a mild razor and it matched up well with the Shark Chrome. I only did one pass, but it was oddly efficient and I wasn't looking for anything out of it but a Socially Acceptable Shave.

That Island Man scent is starting to grow on me. It may be time to get the matching AS.

20230714_192012.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander black badger brush.
Soap Signature Hybrid Lindum.
Razor Stainless Steel Mongoose.
Blade Proline.
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Signature Lindinis.
I couldn’t wait to try the new Hybrid Lindum from Signature soaps, my wife says it reminded her of putty in a tub.
I hot showered after my run and you have to try some of Brian's foaming shower wash, it's fabulous. I proceeded to let my brush soak for a while giving me time to scoop some soap into the bowl ready for lathering.
Wow it soon exploded into a rich creamy lather that you could pop a Flake in and call it a 99.
It cushioned my face comfortably allowing for the Mongoose to do what it does best.
A BBS glass feel finish in 2 passes with the odd touch up.
The wife loves the aftershave so happy wife means lucky night woohoo, have an amazing night everyone.

And it is that day of the week where I finally get to say (after some absence) 'And for my final shave for this past week of SOTD's I am happy to present my shave for today themed, 'Welsh''. A shave free of vowels.

20230714_204751.jpg

I once took a good Spanish friend of mine on the motorbike to Wales for the day. He absolutely loved the place, but then turned around with perplexity and asked, 'Do they have any fucking vowels in the Welsh language?'

'Fkng gss thy d mt'

Rzr - Stnlss Mngse
Bld - K Ttn Mld
Brsh - Hghlndr LFC
Sp - DC
Mstrsr - Cllgn
Scnt - DC slt

'Wldnt hv cl Yr nt sng NY fckng vwls'

Smshng shv ll rnd nd sprb bt f m tm t nd pck m p wk. Th mngse rlly s the bldy gd nd lwys brngs sml the m thwse gly fce.

Shll nd the wk wshng vryn smshng wknd nd jst the sy 'Lv y ll'

Nd th sl pffyhs t sng y t.

Friday 14th July

AIL4fc-kwAxytlXBFz3mLxSQFPEuNr4dr7LSRb3D7hEETmhtKrKK1qVkhYnomWdAi-pbLGWL_q11QMC_yly5bxbTS89x8MKVUB8vOxW_4QcjMmRrNGhh5l7G4DTeRTt3k2pwUQ8f3zMXFWCREQkuZWTpngJ7ZQ=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Veg) Shaving Soap & Razorock Hive Mokasoft Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca Gold & Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1)
Avon Musk (Vintage) Aftershave

IMG_2132.jpeg
SOTD: 14/07/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 8th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations/Pasteurs Pharmacy Bloom Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Toilette

Back
Top Bottom